[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IBM Scientists Achieve Storage Memory Breakthrough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: JennyGoodMorning.jpg (164 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
JennyGoodMorning.jpg
164 KB, 800x531
>The current memory landscape spans from venerable DRAM to hard disk drives to ubiquitous flash. But in the last several years PCM has attracted the industry's attention as a potential universal memory technology based on its combination of read/write speed, endurance, non-volatility and density. For example, PCM doesn't lose data when powered off, unlike DRAM, and the technology can endure at least 10 million write cycles, compared to an average flash USB stick, which tops out at 3,000 write cycles.

>PCM materials exhibit two stable states, the amorphous (without a clearly defined structure) and crystalline (with structure) phases, of low and high electrical conductivity, respectively.

>To store a '0' or a '1', known as bits, on a PCM cell, a high or medium electrical current is applied to the material. A '0' can be programmed to be written in the amorphous phase or a '1' in the crystalline phase, or vice versa. Then to read the bit back, a low voltage is applied.
>>
Source: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ibm-scientists-achieve-storage-memory-breakthrough-300269117.html
>>
But can I fuck XJ-9?
>>
>>54605919
In due time.
>>
>>54605892
>coming to devices in 20 years, honest this time!
>>
>>54605979
>it will be affordable and more easy to produce, trust me!
>>
>>54605979
>>54606165
At least this is hard tech, not plebe tier facebook botnets.

Hard, physical technology is incredibly hard.
>>
>copy pasta from dvd-rw wikipedia with buzzwords
Wow
>>
>>54605979
>Nothing new and good will happen in the last years of my life
feelsbad.jpg
>>
Ibm is fucking irrelevant, that lab is the only emeritus cuck bastion of scientific breakthrough cred not even translatable on a business level, just a bloated piece of crap blue chip epitomized by dead estates
>>
>>54606356
Are you OK?
>>
This and quantum computing will make IBM great again!
>>
File: (2).png (243 KB, 1122x361) Image search: [Google]
(2).png
243 KB, 1122x361
What's up with all these news thread on /g/?
>>
>>54605892
so it's literally Intel's 3D Xpoint?
>>
>>54607721
Reddit sliding, although I prefer these to product and brand shilling threads that make up 80% of /g/.
>>
>>54605892
Why aren't corporations putting huge amounts of funding into R&D for robot waifus? Do they not understand the mad dosh they can make off lonely NEETs and weeaboos?
>>
>>54607804
I mean, I'm no complaining. I honestly like it. We actually talk about technology outside of the comerical goods
>>
>>54605919
She'll have sent RAM to cache your seed
>>
>>54605919
How far will Watson propel Waifu technology closer to our life times?
>>
>>54608746
Soon. Jenny or some other robot girl will be real someday.
>>
Reminder: The superior XJ6 will come out before XJ9
>>
>>54605892
IBM... HOW DO THE FUCK CAN THEY DO THIS EVERY TIME? EVERYTIME THEY DO SOMETHING AND MAKE COMPUTERS LEAP FORWARD
>>
>>54609300
What?
>>
>>54605892
Source on that image?
>>
File: Ahhh!Ohhh!.jpg (180 KB, 800x695) Image search: [Google]
Ahhh!Ohhh!.jpg
180 KB, 800x695
>>54611666
brokenlynx is the artist
>>
>>54612355
how can a robot feel pleasure
>>
>>54612511
How can humans feel pleasure?
>>
>>54612511
With enough time we'll find a way. By God, we'll find a way.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.