[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had two 280x in crossfire, but one of them failed recently.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: R9-380X.png (542 KB, 1268x611) Image search: [Google]
R9-380X.png
542 KB, 1268x611
I had two 280x in crossfire, but one of them failed recently. I sent it in for replacement and just got it back, but XFX is out of 280x, so I got a 380x instead.

Now I can't crossfire. Should I sell both and get a founders 1070, or just use the 380x and sell the 280x? I play vidya at 1080p but it would be nice to definitively max out every game at that resolution.
>>
>>54603359
Send the 280x in for replacement and get another 380x
>>
>>54603359
assuming you can get enough money to buy one, why not? AMD's current comparable offerings are stagnant until Polaris/Vega
>>
>>54603398
Seconded.
>>
>>54603398

Nothing is wrong with it though.
>>
>>54603416
just try it, worst that happens is they return it to you.
>>
>>54603416
Send it in anyway.
It takes more effort for them to test all the cards they get back, so they will likely just send you a 380x.
Worst case you get a full refund for the 280x or they ship the same 280x back to you.
>>
>>54603416
Easy. Quote random black screen or frozen screen problems with the memory. Google it, elpida vs hynix.
>>
>>54603416
Like it hard to damage the graphics card without visually-noticeable deficiencies. Just safely brick it with custom bios and complain about no signal after reinstalling of OS and recent amd drivers.
>>
>>54603430

Sort of did in December. The fans failed, so it was overheating/making a horrible noise. They just replaced the fans.

>>54603463

Probably a better idea. They'd probably still return it, but I guess it's worth a try.

I haven't even checked to see how crossfire 380s compare to a single 1070. Should probably check that out too.
>>
sell, get a 1070

some games dont even support crossfire, so you'll be worse off worst case with the setup even if you can get them to give you another 380x
>>
>>54603655
like he can't sell two new 380x and gain more profit than from 280x and 380x combo
>>
>>54603697
like $80
>>
>>54603359
If you tell them you had a crossfire setup they'll replace the other one even if it's functional.
>>
>>54604474
I'll give that a shot
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.