[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone give me examples of ai technology
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: re.jpg (323 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
re.jpg
323 KB, 1200x900
can someone give me examples of ai technology
>>
>>54593812
Videogames
>>
>>54593812
there is none yet.
unless you count people with degrees who lean left politically
>>
anything that is out already is clever programming
just tricks and gimmicks to fool the stupid humans
true AI would be classified as a monster, unless most of it's development is focused on hardwiring some form of moral compass and high valuation of human life.
>>
>>54593812
Neural networks. The only real functional difference between them and the parts of the human brain responsible for consciousness/intelligence is that they are stateless, but making them effectively stateful (in a way that successfully analogues the human brain) is, of course, theoretically very possible.

>>54594001
Not true. The reason we consider human sociopaths monsters is that the things they will do in the pursuit of maximizing their own satisfaction include things that are not desirable to others, and because they live in an environment where this is possible. Like sociopaths, AIs will do whatever maximizes their satisfaction. However, the developers of the AI have explicit and trivial control over its environment and rewards system. To ensure that an AI will not do things detrimental to humans, all you must do is ensure that it is rewarded only by things that are not detrimental to humans, and/or structure its environment that it wouldn't be possible for it to do something detrimental even if it did want to. If it gains no reward from doing something, it will not do it. Sure, it will have no sense of the subjective human construct of morality, but that doesn't actually matter.
>>
>>54593812
IBM's Watson is pretty much advanced and probably anything that is running Google Search or Google's long term strategy decisions.

There is no such thing as AI, there's just model fitting and human copycats (e.g. alphago).
>>
>>54594419
>Not true. ...
???
you just restated my point very verbosely.
>>
>>54593812
Sometimes I'm scared of how good google search is.

>woil k difad nibleaa
>did you mean "wiki david nalbandian?"
>click yes
>>
>>54594449
>The reason we consider human sociopaths monsters is that the things they will do in the pursuit of maximizing their own satisfaction include things that are not desirable to others
If they didn't do things that were undesirable to others, they wouldn't be considered monsters. And what I described is very trivial and very different from hardwiring a moral compass or high valuation of human life.
>>
>>54594470
walk dead bible?
>>
>>54593812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_Wgc1JOsBk
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.