[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sbcg/ - Single-Board Computer General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: kiwipichip2.jpg (127 KB, 1168x620) Image search: [Google]
kiwipichip2.jpg
127 KB, 1168x620
"Five Dollar Meme, Nine Dollar Queen" Edition

PocketC.H.I.P. out next month, Pi Zero scarce but available, RasPi 3 still existing, and none of the other boards matter.
http://raspberrypi.org
http://whereismypizero.com
http://getchip.com

>Abloobloobloo wich 1 du i git?????!??
Consider what you want to make, look at the pastebin, and pick your poison.
http://pastebin.com/ZEW80Gmh
>

What are...
>Your current setups?
>You looking for?
>Your future projects?
>>
>no 64 bit SCB out there with open firmware / non-suspicious parts that still work after halt
might as well get an intel mini pc and get decent performance
>>
>tfw got a pi zero but want the new one with camera connector

Fuug, guess I'll have to go on the hunt again.
>>
>>54592517
Pi 3 is 64 bit tho.
>>
>>54592568
it's very locked down / closed firmware bby
>>
Nano-16 when? Don't get me wrong, Pico-8's neat and I'm gonna port Birds and Beans to it, but 8912 chars and 32K is pain for anything other than an arcade-style game or demo. I guess that's the point, but still.
>>
>>54592491
>Your current setups?
RPi2 running OSMC, Samba share, Deluge Daemon.
Also an OrangePi PC which I have no idea what to do with it. Used to run Deluge before I migrated that.
>You looking for?
An SBC that has a Gigabit NIC. There are barely any, if at all.
>Your future projects?
See above. Need it to make it a firewall to wall me off of the neighbors
>>
>>54592491
>Your current setups?
Raspberry Pi 3, running Retropie 3.6.0, it's good shit. 3.7.0 I've heard can be iffy on the 3 so I haven't updated.
>You looking for?
Possibly going to get a CHIP but I would need suggestions on what to do with it my rpi3, desktop, or two laptops can't already do.
>Your future projects?
Get rid of the awful Xbox 360 controller led flashing. It's a small project, that even has a YouTube video describing how to fix it, but I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I'm also not code savvy.
>>
File: JETSON TK1.jpg (230 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
JETSON TK1.jpg
230 KB, 1280x960
C-can I join this club, Anonymous-senpai?
>>
File: 1399312404529.jpg (20 KB, 256x280) Image search: [Google]
1399312404529.jpg
20 KB, 256x280
>Current setup
RPi2 which was gonna be an arcade cabinet is now being turned into a PirateBox due to budget cuts. Whoopsie!
>You looking for?
Ordered a PocketC.H.I.P. for mobile dev shenanigans. Looks fucking cash.
>Future Projects
Prototype an SRPG in my spare time over the summer, although that's more /agdg/ territory.

>>54593256
It's unconventional but it checks out.
>>
Anyone knows of a decent sbc that's small and has a good sound output, and let's dream a bit, with very low power usage?

I'm getting so sick of finding no fucking decent MP3 player on the market, I'm guessing the next step is to make myself one from a sbc and a power bank.
>>
>>54592491
Pi 1 model B running Pihole for my Adblock DNS home server
>>
>>54592537
I'll sell you one :^)
>>
Is there any project where two Raspberry Pi with cameras could form 3D stereo image?

There's one with the compute model:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/real-time-depth-perception-with-the-compute-module/
>>
What SBC can run a n64 emulator decently?
>>
tfw used thinkpads are cheaper and even include a keyboard + monitor

why fall for meme boards
>>
>>54593686
sansa CLIP+ rockbox, or any rockbox device really
>>
>>54594061
Clips are now sold $100 used, ipods even more. That's kinda the point of thinking about a more affordable SBC rather than paying a jew 10 times the actual price of the device.
>>
>>54594151
i was able to pick one up at a big electronics store like 2 years ago, keep looking
>>
>>54594161
>2 years ago
Time has passed anon. Check the prices on ebay, shit has gone crazy, they're $100 used, and up to $400 brand new. I wish I was kidding.
>>
>>54594161
Also a SBC+powerbank costs less than $50, and while it lacks a screen and buttons, you can fucking SSH to it.
>>
>>54592491
>Setup
Banana Pi with
>minidlna
>rutorrent

>Future
OpenVPN
>>
>>54594151
Xduoo X3, good hardware (also runs a crappy embedded linux system).
Or one of those Sony players. A15/17.
>>
>>54593202
Just get an iBuffalo/8bitdo SNES controller senpai.
360 D-pad is utter trash.
>>
>>54593842
>used thinkpads are cheaper
Where do you get a used Thinkpad for 5 dollarydoos?
>>
>>54592491
>and none of the other boards matter
Why is that? Not mockig/trying to stir shit.
I read that Orange Pi boards have pretty poor support and some issues with hardware video acceleration, but they do look tempting (Orange Pi PC is like $18 with shipping, Pi one is $13 and they are available, unlike Pi Zero).
>>
Can't wait for for Chip to come out, I think I was order 500-something. I hope shipping times aren't too terrible.
>>
Anyone else keen for Apollo Lake?
It's going to make the ultimate HTPC / low power server
>>
Is there any plan to release Rpi zero 2 ?
>>
>>54592517
Odroid c2
>>
>>54594607
They made a v1.3 with camera slot
>>
>>54594461
>I read that Orange Pi boards have pretty poor support
Support is next to non existent.
2 out of 3 USB doesn't work for my OrangePi PC
And Mali GPU has no support in Linux, so indeed no video acceleration.

Best used as a headless server, in which case it does it's job almost perfectly.
Be sure to install a small heatsink as it tends to overheat and shut 1 of it's cores off to compensate
>>
>>54594679
>2 out of 3 USB doesn't work for my OrangePi PC
Reading into it right now, also some issues with HDMI and micro-sd.
Hmm.

>be sure to install a small heatsink as it tends to overheat and shut 1 of it's cores off to compensate
yeah, everyone says that it runs pretty hot, a heatsink is a must.

I'm not completely sold on it right now, I'll read some more, see if there are any other alternatives.
>>
>>54594619
>$40

I'm guesing he's looking for a super-cheap cheap barebones board and that's not it.
>>
>>54592491
The pastebin is lacking and a complete disappointment.
Might as well just tell people to google "top pi"

>>54594747
Hell even the Banana Pi is better.
>>
>>54594747
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/05/chinese-arm-vendor-left-developer-backdoor-in-kernel-for-android-pi-devices/
>>
What's the best /sbc/ for playing H.264 videos off a USB hard drive? That's all I need it to do.
>>
Can Openelec on the raspberry pi 3 be controlled with a 360 pad?
>>
>>54595141
This is exactly why you use mainline instead of that fucked up GPL violating kernel.
>>
>>54595212
Yes, but Openelec is updated very irregular.
Also they basically lock you out of your own device. You can't install any additional packages/software.

Better go for OSMC.
>Weekly updates.
>apt-get still intact
>>
A chip should do fine just to sit at home so I can ssh in and start some torrents up; and serve as a low-volume NAS right? I'd attach it to a powered external HDD.

Would I have any IO bottlenecks that would limit below 100mpbs?
>>
>>54594215
>banana pi
Mynigga.jpeg
>>
>>54595505
>IO bottlenecks
Everything
>>
>>54593842
literally thriftstores
>>
If they made an SBC capable of running Higan and Mednafen with a 240p composite video output, I'd buy it.
>>
>>54593256
Nvidia's Tegra boards would be a really, really cool toy to have except it costs three fucking hundred dollars and is basically unbuyable unless you tell Nvidia you're from a university and you'd like to build robots.
>>
>>54593842
I've said this everytime; a pi (even pi3) is not supposed to be your main machine. If you're on a cheap, get a pc stick instead (you can get one for 50 bucks if you know where to look)

SBCs are used mainly for some project that people have; game emulator, kodi box, I know a guy who do simulated nodes distribution with 3 dozens of Rpi stacked together. Hell the company where I work use pi zero as sandbox to see if the program written by them pajeets would work or not before the IC mask is finalized (which is faster and easier than using EPROM)
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.