[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/ I've had this old Sony Trinitron for a while, and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_7397[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7397[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
So /g/ I've had this old Sony Trinitron for a while, and I'm building a server (free supermicro mobo, aw yiss) so I was thinking it would be cool to use it as a dedicated screen for it, but I have no idea what the fuck these inputs are.

Does anyone here know what they are and if they can be converted to vga/dvi?
>>
>>54590447
Sell your free mobo and buy proper items
>>
Sell it to some retro gamer.
>>
>>54590447
that thing is going to be completely ass for reading any sort of text
>>
>>54590447
VGA to RGB cable with BNC adapters
That'll give you the bes picture if it works
>>
>>54590611
Nice, thanks, I'll give it a shot.
>>
Shit op I had one of these at work a few years ago. I took an old video card that had svideo out and connected it to that where it says line c in.
>>
you need a VGA to 4-BNC cable
http://www.cablesondemand.com/category/VGA4BNC/product/AV-SVGFD15M4B/URvars/Items/Library/InfoManage/AV-SVGFD15M4B.htm

you also need to configure the computer to output a 15KHz signal, PC monitors are 31KHz+, so "normal" modes won't display properly (unless that monitor happens to also support these frequencies)
>>
>>54590447
try this OP
>post this exact post on /vr/
>?????
>profit
>>
File: a.jpg (95 KB, 1228x320) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
95 KB, 1228x320
>>54591086
>>
>>54590447
https://youtu.be/RAi8AVj9GV8?t=772
>>
>>54591086
Google around, there's a program that does this designed for people that interface their emulation PC to an arcade monitor, although it may or may not work with your video card.
>>
>>54591258
i already know how to, i actually have a scart television hooked up to my computer
>>
this used to be called "component" video and was standard in edit suites etc
>>
>>54590447
Looks like it needs a coaxial cable type interface + separate audio feeds.
>>
>>54590447
>Triniton

This is /vr/ material, ask them they know everything about this series
>>
>>54590447
That's a 15khz display. A pro TV. Its not going to work with a 31+ khz VGA signal. It won't even push 640x480. Buy a super nintendo and an RGB cable and gtfo
>>
File: a.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>54591746
so? you can configure a computer to output a 15KHz signal
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.