[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In pic related is a mess of logic gates I'm creating as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: kill-me-now.jpg (174 KB, 1023x479) Image search: [Google]
kill-me-now.jpg
174 KB, 1023x479
In pic related is a mess of logic gates I'm creating as part of my bachelor's thesis. I'd like a more visually appealing way to present it. I've been using Visio. Does anyone know some nice way of handling large amounts of logic gates?

>inb4 ">2016 >using Visio"
>>
1. Get Mac.
2. Omnigraffle.
>>
Use Logisim.
>>
>>54582104
>bachelor's thesis
>>
>>54582776
Yeah, I should just go right to doing my PhD, right?
>>
>>54582104
Anon, are you using HDL? If yes, render it with Xilinx ISE tools.
>>
>>54582776
>>54582945
I'm confused by this also. Aren't undergrad degrees offered by credit requirements and not research?
>>
>>54582776
>>54583254
What shit uni's do you attend if you dont have to write a bachelors thesis?

/not OP
>>
>>54582776
>>54583254

Maybe I'm using the term wrong.
I'm in a European country, in an MD-PhD-program. In this program I'll do a bachelor's and master's degree, and in the end also a PhD. This project is part of getting my bachelor's - hence the bachelor's "thesis".
>>
>>54583254
and one of the credit requirements is doing a bachelors thesis. Often you're not doing new research for these, just applying it.
>>
>>54582104
The more confusing it looks the better. What is this btw? Doesn't look like a CPU.
>>
>>54582104

Convert it to a traditional code flowchart, and then simplify the flowchart.
>>
>>54583371
I like you.

It's a model of a bunch of proteins and their interactions.
>>
>>54582945
>>54583254
>>54583277
>>54583327

in the US, a thesis is published research with merit to back it. It would have to be fully original work, not just a large homework problem. They are not done below Masters, and Ph.D research is called a "dissertation."

your project would be termed a "senior project" or "design project", not a thesis

but I foolishly assumed burgerland and not
>European
so, my bad. I hear they call junior high "college" there as well.
>>
>>54583440
So what you're saying is that americans aren't capable of doing research at bachelors level and instead you need to be handheld even longer
>>
>>54583984
It's not pure research at the B.S. level. If anything, it is a lit review.
>>
>>54583984
Americans wouldn't be presumptuous enough to call "research" done by an undergrad a "thesis."

We built four-function calculators in TTL logic for freshman year DLD, no one was calling them a "thesis." And yet they contained over 10 times the gates of OP's image.
>>
>>54584034
>We built four-function calculators in TTL logic for freshman year DLD
>implying that's anything special
Thank you for proving that you have no idea what research or thesis means
>>
>>54584054
Re-read the OP.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (70 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
70 KB, 1000x1000
>>54584054
>freshman
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.