[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>AMD64 >multi-core processing >Mantle >HBM >Freesync
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1451346183929.jpg (105 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1451346183929.jpg
105 KB, 900x900
>AMD64
>multi-core processing
>Mantle
>HBM
>Freesync
>Asynchronous compute
Why is it always AMD spearheading technological progress?
>>
>>54572916
>amd
>technological progress

You sir are the dumbest of the dumb frogposters
>>
>>54572983
>he was too young to remember the Athlon 64, the first 64-bit CPU available to an average consumer
>>
>>54573030
That was then, nowadays they're lagging way behind Intel
>>
>>54573105
No shit, but AMD brought 64-bit CPUs to the average consumer first, that's a good example of technological progress.
>>
>>54573030
progress in its own time.

64bit programs take up more ram, and at the point that this came out, even going above the 32bit limit only people with professional needs could do.

amd was the first to go mainstream for it and is why we still use their x86-64 implementation.

also, the underdog needs to innovate to get ahead.
>>
>>54572916
Because Nvidiots and Intel fags have more money to sit pretty, they can release small incremental breakthroughs and make more money than AMD just because they're who they are.

I'm praying that Zen changes this.
>>
Because new features sell new products which is good if you're fighting a larger marketshare
>>
If you buy from AMD you're probably also dumb enough to believe in God
>>
>>54572916
Nvidia got HBM first
>>
>>54578056
>what is the fury
Retarded cuckvidia
>>
>>54578042
Rude.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.