[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anybody here realized that programming and computer science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: 1417821072788.jpg (78 KB, 300x346) Image search: [Google]
1417821072788.jpg
78 KB, 300x346
Has anybody here realized that programming and computer science in general was not for them. If you did, tell us your story. Are you a student or not? Do you want to kys? Have you tried changing your career for something else? Were you succesful?
>>
>>54565119
>wanted to be in CS
>took intro to CS class in highschool
>easy but boring as hell
>realized CS wasn't for me
>tried something else in highschool and followed my interests to university

In highschool I just did a bunch of research on what paths were available to me and tried a bunch of stuff. Ended up finding something I liked and went with that.
>>
Programming and computer science are fun as fuck, but university is dragging me down. I spend most of my time on bullshit filler classes this semester, there's like 3 hours of classes in a week that interest me.
>>
File: just.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
who here /undecided/

the time is slowly running out as I complete more of the core curriculum

i cant find a passion
>>
took a an intro to programming class this semester and im really struggling to hold my interest with it. i really hate compiling programs and i never really pay attention in class because i don't care about anything my professor is taking about. The moral of the story here is i need help with rethinking my life and yes i do want to kill myself.
>>
>>54565208
Me. I'm a third year already. Time flies.
>>
>>54565158
which was..?
>>
I'm not in CS, but as a Master in Physics dropout I can say that not everything you find cool or interesting will end up that way.

In fact. be ready to be disappointed by real life, you will be even more depressed in the beginning than you are now but you will realize real life is just not the same as your imagination.
>>
Just finished second year uni. Programming classes are awesome, rest of classes fucking kill me with boredom. That with depression means I miss a lot of class and have shit grades.

I'm happier working, but I can't make a living without a degree. Feels shitty man.
>>
>>54565300
>undecided
>third year

what
>>
damn /g/, just came on here to look about computer parts and seeing tons of threads like these make me want to just get a business major
>>
>>54565384
Exactly.
>>
Started programming 2 years ago by myself and recently took classes at my local college but soon realized that professors in CC cant teach programming for shit,so I'm debating whether stop with school and just take a step back to learn some of the foundations of programming they don't teach you at all.

For me it isn't whether it's for me or not but the way it's presented to me and presenting progamming a a dry ass subject with dull assignments like they do in school really isnt the way I want to learn something I found interesting on my own,it kills the passion really.
>>
>>54565119
I thought I wanted to become a software developer since I was like 10 years old experimenting with scripting languages in strategy games.

Now that I've worked for 5 years in the industry doing Java consultancy at loads of places but I wouldn't say I'm happy. My income is double of that of my peers, with the same expenses I'm probably saving 10x more. 50k Eur in savings at the moment instead of in debt and I get like 3 weeks more time off work than my friends do. I'm 23 btw, partially skipped University. That's the fun part of working in IT.

I'd say it's above average. bland. It's not challenging at all and the fun of making something is long gone. Challenging software development really doesn't exist. It's either stressful, boring, or fun for 2 days in a month and then boring again. I don't want to spend an entire day to remove a link from a button in a spaghetti system 200 developers made. I'm not even motivated to work on personal projects anymore. But hey, when I look at other people's jobs, which are all a lot more shit than software development, it must mean I'm in a relatively nice place.

I'm thinking about getting into infosec more, the people doing that seem to be genuinely interested in technology in a different way than developers at large "enterprise" companies. I have the time and money to play around with it so I guess that's nice.
>>
>>54565490
>but soon realized that professors in CC cant teach programming for shit

Had a similar experience.
>>
File: maury.gif (215 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
maury.gif
215 KB, 500x350
>>54565490
>>54565490
>falling for the "community college is a great start before going to a real university" meme

Welp, now that you realized you're fucked you have some choices.

HVAC is a great field to get into for those without degrees.
>>
File: 1362481580301.jpg (59 KB, 592x565) Image search: [Google]
1362481580301.jpg
59 KB, 592x565
Me. I did enjoy learning, I was pretty good at pseudo-language and basic C, C++ too. Then Java came along, and I'm not sure if I had a shitty teacher or I just wasn't made for it, but I could never really get the hang of it. I cheated my way through college, picked pieces of other people's programs to make my own and get good enough grades to pass every subject. At that point I was loathing programming. Finished college and never programmed again.

Though to be fair I don't really feel passion or interest for anything at all.
>>
>>54565357 here. At least I'm not alone, I guess.

Considering going to a trade school or 2-year for IT. Already have A+ cert, might look at Net+ and Linux+.
>>
>>54565537
I'm 21, after my bachelors I can always go into another university, right?
>>
I graduated with a degree in IT, but I have little interest in computers or programming anymore, beyond shitposting on 4chins
>>
>>54565601
>>54565601
Nothing's stopping you. But you're effectively shutting yourself out of the work force by throwing even more money down the drain. College is great for 18-23 because you'd be a worthless piece of shit child in the workforce anyway.

However, if you're still trying to get your degree past the age of 25 and you don't have the GI Bill to help you out, then you're p. fucked. Just a lot of "education" on the resume with no real work experience is gonna end you.
>>
>>54565119
I thought I wanted to get into programming, so I took a couple classes in college. I enjoyed the classes, except the classes in Java, but I realized I wouldn't want to work on someone else's programming projects day-in and day-out. So, instead, I got into the field of network security. I still enjoy programming, though. I enjoy making my own programs in C or Python.

You may not enjoy everything related to your field, but there are parts you will greatly enjoy. For me, I greatly enjoy implementing and maintaining authentication mechanisms and protocols.
>>
>>54565400
There are already plenty of people with those degrees. The easier the degree, the more competition there is.
>>
>be me
>wanted to be in cs
>Got into school where I can have lessons about cs
>first day in school
>I'mSoExcited.Png
>first class about cs
>realize that its all shit
>Yell in middle of the class "when are we going to learn about map knowledge and how to use ak and awp properly, this isn't cs at all"
>teacher looks at me like I'm a retard
>Other students look at me like a retard
>mfw I have a degree in something that wasnt cs….
>mfw it was the other type of cs…
>>
>>54565537
Not happening,it's working while I study on own and make a impressive project portfolio,a actual degree was never my intention or desire.
>>
>>54565782
>mfw I have a degree in something that wasnt cs….
>mfw it was the other type of cs…

explain please.
>>
>>54565817
Vidyagayme cs probs
>>
>Be Britbong/PotatoNogger
>Not the brightest of people
>Follow the CS route through sixth form
>Want to do CS in a decent University around me
>All of the decent ones need A*Level physics or maths

I just want to die. Please I just want to build Computer Systems and have a comfortable life.
>>
>>54565908
Math is easy when you realized school never taught it in the first place anon.
>>
Is software engineering any different from computer science?
>>
>>54565664
Ah, but I'm in a country where education is free.

I'm actually paying for mine right now because I'm not a part of the university. But usually, they are free. Btw even this paid education is a lot cheaper than what you see in USA.
>>
>>54566006
Software engineering is a subset of computer science. Software engineering could refer to either programming, software design, software implementation, or software maintenance, or all of the above.

From experience, employers typically use software engineering to mean software design, which involves very little, if any, actual programming on the part of the designer.
>>
>>54566033
>Ah, but I'm in a country where education is free.

Your education is shit then.

The only reason why Americans go out of the country to study is for glorified vacations paid for by mommy and daddy.

Sorry you're in an intellectual backwood, but since everyone else in your country is in the same sinking ship I'm sure you'll do just fine.
>>
>>54566114
Haha, well, it's maybe true when I compare subjects in CS from here and for example from MIT. But it's not that bad I'd say. Here, you could actually often hear sayings that we have better educated people than Americans. I don't really think that's true, but to say it's shit, that's not true either.
>>
File: 1443885458214.jpg (43 KB, 667x516) Image search: [Google]
1443885458214.jpg
43 KB, 667x516
I started programming in BASIC and C when I was a little kid, and I always did well in math; not having any particularly strong interests and the rising popularity of comp sci in the information age, my family managed to instill in me that I was going to study computer science and paid for a very expensive private university.

I studied computer science for about 2 years before realizing I liked people telling me how difficult comp sci is more than actually studying it. Nothing ever felt like it had substance, it was a lot of working out syntax to get a program to do something (pre-internet era) because the professor said so, and why or how never seemed to matter -- I just wanted it to be finished. At the start of my junior year I changed my major to economics and picked up a minor in mathematics. I stopped programming anything altogether, I was burnt out from it.

It was about 10 years til I programmed anything again. It was because of data analysis needs we had at work that couldn't be done through existing statistics suites. That was when it suddenly all clicked. Everything from my algorithms & data structures course that seemed so obtuse suddenly made perfect sense. I was able to write a program and feel like it actually did something.

I don't think there was anything inherently wrong with how I was being taught in college, I just wasn't in a place in my life where it meant anything to me, and the professors were all so far down the rabbit hole in their research that they were largely oblivious to the need to explain to us how or why what they were teaching could be relevant. 'Make a red-black tree because that's the assignment' really didn't make me want to get up and walk a mile to class every week.
>>
>>54565497
At this point you should start looking for a new job. My friend was in this boat, bored out of his mind at work. Found a different job programing in a field more relevant to his interests and he's enjoying life now.
>>
>>54566084
Wow, that sounds better than I expected. I thought a job in this field would require writing programs all the time.
>>
Me. I thought I loved computers and programming and video gaymen but it turned out what I really love is engineering, building and optimizing dick sucking. I don't give two shits about video games, compilers or programming paradigms in the end. All I want is to suck dicks.
>>
>>54566289
(Different guy here) I thought that too, wut? In my university, software engineers definitely don't have much subjects on software design, nor any theoretical CS, I'm pretty sure they all go to be programmers in Java, .NET or doing something web/mobile related.
>>
>>54566288
Just switched jobs. Still doing Java development though. In it for the money saving about 25k per year. If I don't kill myself out of boredom, I'll be financially independent and can do what I want for the rest of my life when I'm 28

>that feel when u gotta grind for another 5 years
>>
>>54565119
I'd love to program at work but all jobs are basically boring maintenance shit or 14h/day grind. Currently I'm doing devops stuff. Combines databases, scripting and system admin stuff. A little boring sometimes but pays ok, has good work-life balance and you don't have to work with pajeets.
>>
>>54566289
>>54566374

>I thought a job in this field would require writing programs all the time.

Not necessarily.

I once thought software engineers spent their entire day writing programs, too. However, I've spoken with several software engineers and they claim they rarely, if ever, hand-write programs. They concern themselves with the program's design, functionality, features, implementation, compatibility, life-cycle, and maintainability. Then, they send their "wish-list" to the people who actually write-out the code.

Software engineers are also sometimes called software architects. Before applying for a "software engineering" position, it's best to do a bit of research to find out just what you will be doing on the job. Most of the time, you'll be designing programs, not writing them.
>>
>>54565573
What are you up to now?
>>
I feel like that about life in general, not just computer science.
>>
>>54565342
anon, if you're out there, please enumerate.
physics prospect here
love math, bad at anything after trig or stats so far
loooove physics anything. am i naiive?
>>
>>54568866
This. I don't know how I ended up like that, but I did.
>>
the deeper i got, the more i realized how much it is up to information that i do not own.
>>
>>54569210
moar
>>
>>54565119
Yes in the first ever CS class I took. Even looking around the room I knew these were not my people.
>>
>>54569226
i developed the first solution to the 911 update in america for smart phones.
the idea was to be able to have another choice to situations where people could alert 911 without a call.
my idea, which has been stolen quite recently, would enable instant gps coordinates and a small summary of the emergency to authorities, but now they're sellig it at an exorbant price.
i was going for .50, they're going for 5.00
that's why you haven't heard of it, my ideal partner would have been google maps, you can guess who owns this now.
moar? or was that too straight forward?
>>
>>54569409
cont. plz its interesting
i'm actually reading
your idea was not able to be finished by you?
presumably due to some restriction due to ownership? (obviously you cant touch it now)
>>
File: 1454246575322.jpg (637 KB, 1071x1068) Image search: [Google]
1454246575322.jpg
637 KB, 1071x1068
>>54569521
the idea was finished and proposed.
they said no, and then re-crafted it it with their own design.
which is no big deal, i did tell this to many people out of care for society, however, i do have another idea which is even better that i have not shared.
>>
>>54569579
>however, i do have another idea which is even better that i have not shared.
kill yourself you faggot nigger piece of shit
>>
>>54569226
>>54569579
it sounds like you suceeded in making a program with the info available to you. you are willing to go at it again.
do you mean that monetary success (and not persuit of interest) is up to the info you do not own?
>>
>>54565573
>I was pretty good at pseudo-language
Wat
>>
>>54569761
You know, that computer language that Phil Collins wrote back in '89.
>>
>>54569698
well, my other idea has NOTHING to do with the other.
>>54569665
ooooh! i do love a tasteless wanker!
>>
File: 1456599351762.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1456599351762.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>54569698
also, i do have mind to make a badass paper mario as well.
>>
>>54565119
yes, picture highly related
>>
Did a year of cs. Too much bs, too many things you dont need. Bad profesors, lost interest, now i am in a business school, love it.

I still want to learn programing on my own as a hobby tho.
>>
Most of those classes you call bullshit will make you a motherfucking god if you ace them.
Learning stupid shit like "you can rotate a bit sequence to the left to make it multiply its value " will help you latter in the compiller classes and so on.
I graduated Cum Laude in Cs and by the end of the degree most of the people didnt understand shit of the advanced courses because they didnt pay attention in the 101 levels.
>>
>>54565119
I'm going to kill myself today
>>
>>54568967
yeah dude. I thought I enjoyed physics until I took quantum mechanics. The math was awful.
>>
>>54566551
im am also of the "devops"
no one on my project seems to care what i do as long as i keep the AWS infrastructure is handled. And by handled i mean bring up instances and make sure ports are opened
>>
>>54567948
Cashier
>>
>>54565119
>want to make vidya game as a child
>didn't have a computer until high school
>no one in my life ever talked about computer shit
>write first line of code in C in community college at 19
>first few assignments are okay, feel like I'm starting to learn
>drop out of class due to increasing difficulty threatening my grade (

I spent hours reading and rereading course text, instructor could never answer my questions.
>>
>>54565119
>Be me
>College freshman
>Taking programming, discrete math, and Calculus 1
>Realize I don't enjoy programming
>Realize I love math (my professor was really awesome and got me interested in it, unlike my teachers in K-12)
>Up all night doing math learning all the cool, simple tricks you can do with limits and Riemann sums and shit
>Talk to him all the time about high-level math classes like Abstract Algebra and Stochastic Calculus
>Unfortunately I'm retarded and fuck up everything
>Fail Calculus, get D in discrete math, get B in programming
>tfw want to major in math but I'm just too fucking stupid for it

>>54572550
Make sure you follow through with it, every day I wake up and dread existence but I'm too scared to end it
>>
>>54573847
you can spend the rest of your time fucking around with Docker.
>>
File: WinnersDONT-1024x768[1].jpg (73 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WinnersDONT-1024x768[1].jpg
73 KB, 1024x768
>>54576658
>I spent hours reading and rereading course text, instructor could never answer my questions.
This. Only /g/ and stackoverflow answered them for me.
>>
>>54566584
not a fan of architects who never write any code. smells like Java. "Software engineers" most definitely write code.
>>
>>54566584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt79JcPfZQA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrdAyOw4Nww
>>
>>54565384

What if nothing interests you but CS interests you 1%
>>
>>54577049
I don't know if it's how I phrased my search terms in google/stackoverflow but I'd always end up in these answer threads that was mostly comprised of the blind leading the blind
>>
>>54569409
Fuck I hate when I think of a great app and than years later someone has not only made it but failed at it.

>my ideal partner would have been google maps, you can guess who owns this now.

Who owns it now? I'm guessing microsoft?

>they said no, and then re-crafted it it with their own design.

Fuck that's some good info. I'm doing a SW dev course. Who screwed you over? Just so I know who to be wary and cautious with.

>which is no big deal, i did tell this to many people out of care for society
Good dude. I feel the same way.

Why couldn't you just build the app and launch it on play/itunes.

>>54576658
Feel sorry for you man. The instructor I have is amazing. Could not be happier.

>>54576869
Maybe you just need to take your time with it. You'll get it, you'll just be a bit slower than the smarter kids.
>>
I just turned 18 and I'm currently becoming and electrician / electrical engineer, I like it and stuff but I want to work in a Datacenter or do stuff with Networking. What would some jobs be I could Switch over to after finishing this education ? PS: i live in Germany
>>
>>54578072
*Germanistan
>>
>>54565119
i had this realization with physics. doing cs now and couldn't be happier, but i kept physics as a minor and everytime i have to study for it it is just really, really hard to work up the motivation to push it into my head and in the end i'm always devastated by the experience, regardless of whether i've passed the exam or not. i have 2 to go and i just can't wait for it to be over, while i'm looking forward to studying for my remaining 3 cs subjects even though they're purely theoretical and most other students seem to hate them.

the realization that physics wasn't/isn't for me was pretty crushing. i had always been and still am interested in the concepts it provides, i just feel no connection whatsover to the 'doing', which is the complete opposite even for the most mathematical subjects in cs.

and yes, i'm at one of those good unis where they actually teach you formal stuff, not some java coding dojo.
>>
>>54578072
Fachinformatiker seems to be what you're looking for. other than that, i would suggest you look into a Informatik course at a university of applied sciences (Hochschule/Fachhochschule).
>>
>>54565289
>i really hate compiling programs
your utter lack of comprehension is showing~

maybe, idk, work a fast food job for a while until you figure your shtuff out?
>>
>>54578072
>>54578207
there might also be something like Netzwerktechniker or something like that. depending on where in Germany you're located, there might be IT Systemadministrator as an apprenticeship. the military also offers this as an apprenticeship in case you can see yourself wearing a uniform; they're heavily looking right now.
>>
>>54565119
I used to study Energy Engineering, it was boring as hell, I dropped it after first year to follow my dream and try studying design.

I didn't pass the entry exams.

Then I decided that since I'm okay with maths and like the Internet and technology, I could start coding so I enrolled at the best Computer Science Uni in my city (third in my country which isn't much since I'm Polish and our unis are shit).

I spent half of the first semester on 4chan so my math (mathematical logic and mathematical analysis) grades were so bad I couldn't even participate in semestral exams (my other grades especially Introduction to Python were suprisingly okay).

My parents cannot afford giving me more money because my younger sis is starting uni so I'm now working in IQ support for peanuts and I'll most probably start weekend Computer Science courses on local institute of technology which is pretty good but they're still weekend studies, not the real ones.

I was too lazy to even touch code since I left uni.

If not my gf I'd probably commit sudoku because I'm a failure.
>>
>>54566458
That's still far better than grinding for another 30.
>>
>>54578234
>IQ support
IT support, fuck my brains not working in this job
>>
>>54578234
just keep at it, dude. most of our parents were either aimlessly working some weird shitjob or slacking as well when they were our age. if you're really depressed, try working out, it is really helpful and fun after a while. but generally, just try to enjoy your life and try to shake the feeling that you need to fulfill someone elses (e.g. your parents', society's, whatever) expectations.
>>
>>54565119
>Wanted to be Paleontologist
>Shit ended up being boring as fuck, fall back to CS
>"Wow, CS is more fun than I figured it would be"
>End up doing a graduate degree I enjoyed it so much
>Start working 10 years ago
>Most jobs you're surrounded with fairly retarded people
>Most jobs you're beholden to poorly defined requirements
>Most jobs you're changing things at the last minute to appease clients whims
>Many of the 'good' developers and engineers are spergers with awful attitudes
>The good ones with good attitudes never stick around and find other jobs

Everyone I've worked with who still enjoys coding and design has moved on to develop and sell their own software. I'm not sure that would save me, but if you're worried about growing to hate this field, consider branching off on your own for a bit. Might make the difference.
>>
>>54578234
>my introduction to python grade was ok
wew u must b a geenyus
>>
>>54578278
thanks anon
I'm not depressed, the sudoku part was a hyperbole, I'm really happy with my relationship, we're planning a future together. I'm a bit afraid that working full time+studying (basically no time for her) could damage this. I just fucking hate how lazy and unorganized I am and I'm afraid that my gf won't be happy with me and that I'll fail again.
>>
>>54578347
no need to be a cunt about it, it's not like I'm bragging, the opposite, I know python's piss easy and I still had to spend some time to have a decent grade

I just feel like I'm good for nothing
>>
>Be me
>Polish
>Live in the middle of nowhere
>Haven't been interested in anything besides video games until I turned 18.
>Always being told that I have potential, but I never know where to direct that potential.
>Loathe myself for being a lazy fuck.
>Unsure what I want to do with my life.
>Don't want to waste my and parents' time and money on studies in a field I wouldn't be satisfied with.
>Take interest in programming because of a friend who was studying CS.
>Spent the last 1.5 year sitting at home learning C & C++, and math.
>Still not certain if that's what I want to do, or if I'm even good enough.

I sometimes think I don't belong in the adults' world. I just want to be happy for once.
>>
>>54579082

I know the feel. I've been on the same boat for like 7 years now.
Recently planning to move to another country and start from scratch.
Basically grinding money working as a programmer for that.
>>
>went to music school alongside the high school for 10 years
>all this time never really though about any potential careers except music because that was what I was good at
>was good in high school, but not the best, but because of my music school nobody, including me, gave a fuck if I didn't have the best grades since that is not important for music academy, why should I?
>graduation from both schools comes
>I already had some crises and wanted to quit music, also, I was thinking for the few last years about studying CS
>get in the academy, but I really wanted some backup plan, especially because I was a social recluse for quite some time so I might get fucked in that field without many connections
>so I enroll for the degree some of you probably didn't even hear about, but just know that it would be THE ultimate meme on /g/ (yes, it is connected to computer field)
>spend a first year studying double degrees
>get a very bad depression, don't talk to anyone, no friends and no support
>even my professors started to fuck with me
>break down and quit academy
>"I still have the second degree which I like"
>second year coming - only now I'm starting to realize what I'm actually studying since the degree is fairly young and the first year was nothing like the rest of them
>realize I'm kinda fucked - from a huge potential and lucrative career in music I might become a pajeet
>third year already, undergraduate is almost finished
cont.
>>
>I don't like this field, I'd return to music if I could
>also get very into design
>also get very into filmmaking
>also get very into music production and audio engineering
>tfw I should already switch to the new undergradute if I want it
>tfw kinda too soon, don't have portfolios and not prepared for entry exams
>but desu I'm not sure what would I really choose
>depression is worse it has ever been, you guys are literally only people I spoke to for the past 3 years
>I'm afraid I'll have to begin masters in this shirt degree and hopefully switch the next year when I hopefully really know what to choose and prepare for entries
>tfw I failed at life, I lost everything and I still feel like I'm not ready for the real world
>21 yo and still don't have a stable goals for my future
>>
i did a year of computer science at australian uni, then switched course to IT with major in systems dewelopment
>>
>>54579827
>shirt degree.

Kek fuck me. It might as well be, that's the amount of depth it has anyway.
>>
>>54565119
4th year in my degree, but I don't have any other skills at this point.

It's not that bad, though
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.