[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MATLAB help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: matlablogo.jpg (66 KB, 327x234) Image search: [Google]
matlablogo.jpg
66 KB, 327x234
How the hell do I model a simple electrical circuit in MATLAB?

I want to build a circuit with Simulink in order to calcute its power factor, but I don't know how to build this so now I have to derive all the differential equations by hand, solve them with ODE45, then numerically integrate some things and do other calculations to get it.
>>
You'll have to find the equations, and than make a model with those equations. If you want to just build circuits I would recommend some other software
>>
But if you just want to solve differential equations with Matlab you can use Simulink instead of ODE45 etc (thats what i think you should do). Just watch a tutorial on solving differential equations with simulink, it's easy.
>>
>>54563409
If you knew fourier transform/frequency domain it would help
>>
>>54564842
This.
>>
Assuming this isn't homework where you've been directed to use MATLAB, I would def suggest using a proper circuit simulation tool like SPICE. It eats problems like the presented one for breakfast..
>>
>>54565102
this.

Solving circuit problems in matlab seems kind of stupid
>>
>>54564842
Make a model? How do I do that in Simulink?

So until now I've been deriving the equations, then solving them with ode45.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.