[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone help me?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Traditional-RedGray.jpg (29 KB, 600x244) Image search: [Google]
Traditional-RedGray.jpg
29 KB, 600x244
What is this thing on the bottom of the fuselage called? And what is its purpose?
>>
isnt that the dinglebop?
>>
>>54559659
pitot tubes to guage air speed and shit
aren't they usally on the sides though?
>>
>>54559688
kek'd
>>
>>54559659
Air intake for the engine.
Pitot tubes are just that, tubes, about the size of your finger.
>>
>What is this thing on the bottom of the fuselage called?
It's the backdoor.

>And what is its purpose?
For letting botnets in.
>>
>>54559862
Le meme XDDDDDD kekekek
>>
>>54559715
yes, on the wings so the prop isn't screwing with the pressure

>>54559809
yeah, simple air intake
it is called a scoop
>>
Thanks guys!
>>
It is a scoop. For the super charger
>>
>>54559659
for penis insertion
>>
>posting actual technology on /g/
>still a request thread though
>>
>>54559659
air filter my nigga
happy cocaine trips
>>
>>54559659
On some aircraft it is oil cooling
>>
>>54559659
Definitely the flux capacitor.
>>
File: engine_2.jpg (91 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
engine_2.jpg
91 KB, 800x600
As others have said, it's the air intake. There's a filter mounted in there, and then tubing routes the air into the carburetor located at the bottom of the engine, see pic

>>54562296
Oil coolers are usually mounted on the firewall. You wouldn't want those exposed directly to the air stream
>>
>>54562465
Then what about the f4u's oil coolers?
>>
>>54559659
Its a hardpoint for mounting a weapon.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.