[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with creating a database
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: jM0azu99ghQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png (4 KB, 312x161) Image search: [Google]
jM0azu99ghQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==.png
4 KB, 312x161
I am working on a project which takes up data of students and analysis it and gives em help and tips on how they should study. I am having trouble designing the data base.
>>
>>54557621
There is one College. m courses , n semesters, o subjects.
>>
>HURR DURR UML IS SHIT AND BOORING
>IM GONNA SKIP FOR VIDEO GAME DESIGNING
serves you right
>>
databases would be ERD
your application logic would be UML
>>
>>54557621
Ok OP, il get right to work on your homework. While Im at it do you want me to make you a facebook or instagram website as well?
>>
just spitballing but with superior document storage support postgres 9.5 is the best RDBMS imho.
instead of generating analysis on the fly you could generate all the reports nightly and store the results in json and have your application just fetch that information when needed
>>
>>54557672
You actually can represent tables in UML. Just use classes for tables, attributes for table fields and associations for relations. You can also add constraints to define the primary key and other unique indexes.
>>
>>54557710
thanks anon
>learn something new everyday
>>
>>54557726
you never heard of UML before ?
>>
>>54557733
i heard of and used UML before but not to model db
>>
>>54557739
It never is. OO and relational data are two very different beasts and usually require middleware to get them to talk. Look up Object-relational mappings.
>>
Switch your major to gender studies, you're not cut out for this.
>>
>>54557859
but i am
>>
>>54557866
If you're asking questions like in OP, no, you're not. This is shit I was doing in my parents basement when I was like 13.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.