[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best cloud storage service, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 600x339
What's the best cloud storage service, /g/?
>>
File: G Before And After.png (49 KB, 1000x400) Image search: [Google]
G Before And After.png
49 KB, 1000x400
I use onedrive because it's easy to keep my 4chan pictures on my PC and also have them available to shitpost with from my phone without downloading them to my phone. I also got a shitton of storage because I got word with a student discount since I needed it.
>>
MyCloud
>>
owncloud on mirrored raid, incremental backup onto another drive
>>
File: 1461536645354.png (311 KB, 490x397) Image search: [Google]
1461536645354.png
311 KB, 490x397
The Google botnet of course!
>>
File: 1612420.jpg (35 KB, 669x445) Image search: [Google]
1612420.jpg
35 KB, 669x445
>>54556521
>OneDrive
> because it lets you shitpost from your phone
so... you're like some teenager that does everything on her phone at the mall?

>got word with a discount
lol, what? your university doesn't have access to MSDNAA? are you at a community college?
>i needed it
Word? You needed MS Word?
High school?
>>
>>54556521
>4chan pictures

you know microsoft scans onedrive for CP, right?
>>
>>54556643
He "needs" MS Word. something tells me he's not exactly informed.
>>
>>54556643
I have nothing that looks remotely like CP. I'm fine.

>>54556612
I don't like to sit at my desktop all the time. It's convenient to post from my phone. Sue me.
>>
As far as I can tell, Google Drive is the best. It's reasonably priced (though not as good as being free with another useful service like OneDrive is, and not available yearly like Dropbox is), reasonably fast, it doesn't appear to exclude certain files like OneDrive does, and it's available first-party on every platform except desktop Linux (third party implementations exist). It also has an API available, so other apps exist to handle your Drive storage (I personally recommend Insync).

I have a terabyte of Google Drive storage, and I'm really happy with it. I have all my comics and my entire Calibre library backed up into it.

Dropbox, as I recall, also doesn't support split screen in its iOS app, which is a big no-no for me.
>>
>>54556668
Like posting from your bed, right? Totally understandable. You're just cancer.

if you had a vagina you'd be on tumblr right now, but we get to put up with you because you alienate the other vapid faggots.
>>
>>54556651
Why do freetards get so triggered when someone buys software? I needed a word processor for school. Microsoft's ecosystem is convenient. I don't care about muh freedums because I don't care if some NSA employee reads my forestry homework.
>>
>>54556702
Who pissed in your cheerios?
>>
>>54556651

Not that person, but I can testify that I have been through at least one college-level course where a tutorial utility hooked into Office 2013. Office 2013 was an absolute requirement. Office for Mac wasn't even acceptable, I had to install Parallels Desktop just to do the course work.

Not saying he's definitely in that situation, just that those situations definitely exist.
>>
>>54556712
Free software doesn't mean "money is forbidden". We encourage everybody to profit from selling free software. Money is the problem that we have with proprietary software.
>>
>>54556753

Free software doesn't mean "money is forbidden", it just means "we're giving this away for free because nobody would pay for it".

Free software is so shitty that not only can you not profit off the software, the most prominent business model surrounding it consists of selling tech support when it doesn't fucking work, which is always. Fuck's sake, it's like a protection racket.
>>
File: Coding Communism.jpg (132 KB, 373x500) Image search: [Google]
Coding Communism.jpg
132 KB, 373x500
>>54556753
>try to sell free software
>someone makes a small edit to the source code and redistributes it for free
>original content creator gets almost no compensation for their work
No thanks. Free software has it's uses, but for most cases profit and the market incentivize developers to make what people want way more than autists who spend their time making free software.
>>
>>54556815
Nice strawman. Too bad your wrong.
>>
>>54556643
Sure they do, kiddo.
>>
>>54556836

Too bad my wrong what?
>>
>>54556728
Some girl on a couch.
>>
>>54556834
You should probably change your business model of free software if you feel that specific one doesn't earn a profit. Fortunately, there are more models of free software than just that one.
>>
>>54556530
haha what a waste for the hardware
>>
>>54556496
>best cloud storage
your own vps
>>
>>54556729
i went through my undergrad without ever encountering anything like this and i got a degree in an engineering field and a separate degree in the social sciences.

whatever happened at your university seems to have been unique to your university.
>>
>>54556973

Because you went to every school in the world other than mine.

Tell me, how do you attain such a high level of accreditation in spite of such a staggering logic deficiency? It's actually kind of inspiring.
>>
>>54556496
They are all the same trash, I personally use OneDrive because it's integrated into my designated OS
>>
>>54557155

They actually aren't. They vary in platform availability, upstream/downstream, allowed file types, and degrees of cooperation with law enforcement.
>>
>>54556815
Holy shit. I think you're on to something.
>>
File: MEGA.png (48 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
MEGA.png
48 KB, 2000x1414
>>54556496
Mega
OwnCloud
>>
onedrive
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.