[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm working on a glove project and am having trouble finding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: flexible-wire-250x250.jpg (18 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
flexible-wire-250x250.jpg
18 KB, 250x250
I'm working on a glove project and am having trouble finding an ultra thin wire that's flexible like head phone wire, the smallest I can find for sale is 34 awg.If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.
>>
>>54555793
34awg is really fucking thin
>>
File: 20160504_195622.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
20160504_195622.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
I need something this size.
>>
Magnet wire might work, and wire wrap wire can get up to 40awg.
>>
34 awg is thin but with 4 wires goin to the fingertips they add up , I'm planning on weaving them in strands of two on eatside around the finger joints like in the picture with 4 total wires per finger.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160514-220635.png (445 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160514-220635.png
445 KB, 1440x2560
Is wire wrap flexible?
And heres the pic.
>>
>>54555793
Take the twist ties they put on bread loaves and shear the plastic coating off.

They're sturdy and resistant to stress, and pretty small. Probably small enough to thread without harming the glove.
>>
File: Needle_with_thread-01.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Needle_with_thread-01.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Conductive thread, anon

i used a shitload of this to wire up a baseball glove for my masters' thesis
>>
What are you doing that 34awg wire is too thick, even with 4 going to the fingertips? I have 30awg wire wrap and magnet wire, and they seem thin enough. Do you have Trump hands or something?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.