[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hpg/ - Headphone General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: Tiv.full.387642.jpg (3 MB, 2136x3199) Image search: [Google]
Tiv.full.387642.jpg
3 MB, 2136x3199
-- PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE --
http://pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM

Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.
Wireless is frowned upon.
Headset requests are frowned upon.
Isolation ≠ Noise cancellation
If you dislike a headphone suggestion, try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked instead of going "hurr, brand x sucks"

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread: >>54532426
>>
>>54553540
They actually aren't bad on the carts. I can feel them vibrate if I put my hand on them, but it isn't causing any noise or anything that is bothering me. The one cart is farther to the right than the left is though so I can tell its uneven, need to re-arrange it.

>>54553599
Thing with subs is I get headaches easily so I tend to keep them very low anyways. I have one in my media room surround setup, but I mostly just wanted better speakers than shitty logitechs since my desktop is in another room now. The sub would probably help, but not sure I will use it enough to justify another $200 on a sub.

Should try my headphones with the DAC now too.
>>
reposting from old thread

>Budget
less than $200
>Location
US
>Source
home PC
>Preferred type
full size
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
would like to be able to wear them for ~3 hours straight
>Preferred music
Kanye, Lamar, Queen, MJ, bit of concert/orchestra, piano (both classic and new stuff)

Was looking at ATH AD900x, but I don't know if the bass response would be enough for rap or even the bass instruments in wind ensembles. HD598 was kinda alright, but looking for better alternatives. Considering AKG Q701 too, but the reviews sound like it's the more expensive version of AD900x.
>>
File: hpg.png (1 MB, 1892x635) Image search: [Google]
hpg.png
1 MB, 1892x635
These tubes sure are going to keep me cozy for the coming winter because they get so fucking hot.
>>
I just purchased the Everest 700 and there is a really annoying static sound when I use the headphones on my PC. I have the Bluetooth charger cable connected along with the audio cable because the audio quality is straight garbage with just the audio cable.

What should I do? Does anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>54553898

look around on ebay or amazon for refurbished or used in good condition fidelio x2s

they compete favorably with the hd-600s if you like a more bass heavy signature with slightly less detail everywhere else
>>
>>54553898
An alternative could be the DT880, it's got more bass than both AD900X and Q701 and has a similar treble peak.

Comfort-wise i'd say it goes:
DT880 > AD900X >>> Q701
Those bumps in the headband can ver painfull after a while.
>>
>>54554048
Charging is more than likely causing the problem

Not sure why you'd buy those headphones, even if you have to go local Best Buy has a decent selection, especially if they have a Magnolia
>>
>>54554447
Yeah, I agree that I fucked up with the purchase. If I take out the Bluetooth charger and use it with just the audio cable the sound quality is extremely bad. Could this be a problem with my audio jack? My iPhone earbuds also have really bad quality when I use them with my PC.
>>
>>54554570
Probably

If it's a desktop, try plugging it into the back of it, if you have a 3.5 port
>>
>>54554570
If anything, just buy a usb bluetooth adapter for your computer for like 6 bucks off amazon or ebay
>>
>>54554639
>usb bluetooth
Enjoy your compressed audio
>>
>>54554674
it's probably better than what anon hears
>>
>>54554674
>Enjoy your compressed audio
all audio is compressed
unless you have a library of WAVs
>>
>>54554703
>all audio is compressed
U wut m8? Never heard of albums or CDs?
>>
File: 175378-dac_music_hall_portada.jpg (23 KB, 397x600) Image search: [Google]
175378-dac_music_hall_portada.jpg
23 KB, 397x600
There is a DAC Music Hall 15.2 on sale in my country for $100. Should I get it or go for something else?
Everything music relatered is extremly expensive here so $100 here is probably $70 on USA.
I own a pair of Sennheiser Urbanite and HyperX Cloud II and a FiiO X1
>>
What full size headphones leak the least amount of sound?
>>
>>54554734
compressed=/=lossy
>>
>>54554951
Straw man? No one claimed that compressed = lossy. It is well recognized that compressed can be lossless. However, are you going to assert that default bluetooth compressed audio is lossless?
>>
Thoughts?
>>
File: leaving.gif (2 MB, 450x258) Image search: [Google]
leaving.gif
2 MB, 450x258
>>54555175
>>
>>54554965
i'm not that guy, just saying
>>
>>54554965
>However, are you going to assert that default bluetooth compressed audio is lossless?
audiophile-tier bluetooth uses a tech called aptX which support lossless transmission. All of the bluetooth headphones I've owned support this standard out of the box.

(p.s: analog cables and 3.5mm jacks aren't 'lossless' either)
>>
>>54555230
>audiophile-tier bluetooth
Oxymoron. I don't know of any audio enthusiast, audiophile or otherwise, who recommends any bluetooth headphones.

>aptX which support lossless transmission.
Yes. There are proprietary tech that gets bluetooth audio to CD quality (except when its out of power, range, etc.) aka at best as good as wired headphones.

> All of the bluetooth headphones I've owned support this standard out of the box.
All one or two? Sony has their own version too with the same problems.
>>
File: j7MHdWh.jpg (585 KB, 2937x2203) Image search: [Google]
j7MHdWh.jpg
585 KB, 2937x2203
>>54555175
garbage.

Inside there is the rotating ball join that lets the headphones swivel.

Guess which plastic piece gets all the pressure from the ball joint pressing on it ?
Yep that plastic piece.
it is very common for those things to break/crack.

it is a design flaw they they refuse to address, because after all you will just buy another one and blame it breaking on your own carelessness.
>>
>>54555291
Would you recommend anything else in a similar price range?
>>
Budget 150$, location Israel, source is computer and phone.
I want the headphones to be full sized, I don't care if they're opened or closed. I'd be willing to accept less comfortable headphones if it meant better sound quality, but to a degree, I don't want my ears to be hurting after an hour of use.
I'll be using them mostly for watching movies or listening to music (wide ranging).

Any recommendations? I was looking into the Sony MDR7506 and the Audio Technica ATH-M50x but couldn't really decide.
>>
>>54555574
Shipping to Israel is $14 from Amazon? HD558
>>
>>54555574
Sonys
>>
>>54555291
The Designer's Dilemma:
Any feature added to solve a problem will itself have a problem.
>>
>>54555291
Just like beyers!
>>
I'm looking to replace my brother's Razer Kraken (yes, I know). Would the Takstar HI 2050 be a suitable replacement, or should I spend more? He pretty just just games and watches movies.
>>
>>54555230
aptX is *not* lossless, it is a lossy alternative to the default Bluetooth codec, SBC. It's a secret format which makes doing listening tests very difficult, so there is no evidence that it actually performs better than SBC.
>>
>>54556284
Fill out the form
>>
File: HPG image.png (546 KB, 1400x801) Image search: [Google]
HPG image.png
546 KB, 1400x801
>>
>>54555574
Just got ATH-M50x yesterday.
They are unbelievable and I love the bass.
>>
File: BlueArt.jpg (808 KB, 1412x2047) Image search: [Google]
BlueArt.jpg
808 KB, 1412x2047
>Budget
less than $100
>Location
Portugal
>Source
Phone and Laptop
>Preferred type of headphone
Both
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I normally wear them for 2 hours
>Preferred music
Rock
>>
How colored are XB950?
>>
>Budget
unlimited but if there isn't too much of a difference between a 300$ pair and a 1500$ pair then i will go with the 300$ one. i don't want to pay for placebo
>Location
usa
>Source
pc but i can buy a dac or amp if i have to
i need both in ears and full sized
>Open or closed
both because i might use one outside
>Comfort level
i'll be wearing them most of the time so they should be very comfortable but i don't want horrible or bad sound
>Preferred tonal balance
neutral sounds best to me
>>
File: squat.png (2 MB, 920x1008) Image search: [Google]
squat.png
2 MB, 920x1008
Allright /g/, gonna try this again today, yesterday I only got trolls telling me to not go wireless. I did not ask if I should or shouldn't, whether its better or not, I need wireless, so which one is the best considering budget and criteria below.
>>
>>54558785
forgot to post the rest

Looking for wireless around ear headphones.

>Budget
90-140 Euro
>Location
Netherlands
>Source
Smarthphone, laptop
Full size
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I mostly need it during lifting weights
>Preferred tonal balance
Don't really know, I know what it means but don't know what they sound like.
>Preferred music
Drum and bass, neurofunk, Hiphop and sometimes heavy metal
>Past headphones
Mostly chap shit, currently using JBL in ear reflect wireless and hyperx cloud 2. I like the JBL a lot, have them for a year and half, but they only sound good at home, in the gym they sound like normal earphones because of the background noise. The hyperx cloud 2 is perfect, maybe its because I only got them 2 weeks ago and I haven't tried lots of other headphones except for bose and beats, but they are super comfy, fit nicely and the sound is really great......its just that they're wired, so Iyes I'm looking for wireless headphones. Been looking at audiotechnica, though I can't find anything in my country, and the sony XB950
>>
>>54558785
>I only got trolls telling me to not go wireless
Let's get this straight. You were informed by multiple people it is a bad idea to spend money on wireless headphones and you still believe they are all wrong and merely trolling you?

>I need wireless
If our words are wasted on you why are you even bothering to ask our advice in the first placE? No. I don't believe that it is not our advice that is the problem but your selective ignorance of advice you do not like. A lot of people are like you and do not like the truth. That does not make it any less the truth, or worse, any less wrong to post anything less than the truth when asked for one's honest advice.
>>
one last try.
guideanon, let's fix the guide.
>>
>>54558854
Are you perhaps the same anon who was against the idea of giving people what they ask for the in recommendations and instead try to "educate" the anons asking for purchase advice of why wireless(or something else like headsets) is often considered bad? If the anon needs wireless, you recommend wireless. If the recommendation is impossible or completely ridiculous, point it out but don't be a sperg who thinks your own criteria for headphones should match someone asking for advice. What the anon needs should be apparent from the template and that's as far as you should read into it. This seems yet again like a situation where the person asking isn't all that interested in audio quality which potentially could be the only reason not to recommend wireless headphones but the people giving recs are completely fixated on that.

If the person asking for advice wants to know more or hear a second opinion on the type of headphone they are looking for, by all means post what you know which should be something else than "no don't get wireless because wireless is bad".

>>54558816
>>54558785
Your criteria is hard because of the lack of data of full sized wireless headphones in that price range. Most people here probably don't have any in-depth information of products matching what you need. A quick glance on the IF wall of fame shows a few possible options.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelitys-wall-fame-wireless

The MEElectronic Air-Fi Matrix2 AF62 has a rather impressive set of features and the measurement isn't half bad either:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MeelectronicsAirFiMatrix2AF62Bluetooth.pdf
>>
>>54558854
>A lot of people are like you and do not like the truth. That does not make it any less the truth

If you would have read all of my posts, you would have known now that I agree with wireless having less soundquality than normal headphones. Now I absolutely will not go with wired headphones, because I get fucking irritated by the mother fucking wires, no matter how or where I hide them, AND also the phone is always in the way, when deadlifting, it gets stuck between my thigh and barbell, when squatting (pic related) the phone gets stuck in my hip crease, when bench pressing it falls out of my pocket......but this is when I even do wear pants with pockets, which I don't because I wear tight pants since its easier to move and my legs won't get sweaty as fuck because legs are hairy. Now then comes the armband pouch, I have one and I have used it, and it just makes it all even worse, just another item that has to be added, I want to carry as little as possible on my body, goddammit is that hard to understand? Don't you see I have tried all the suggestions already otherwise I wouldn't ask for a wireless headphone. Couldn't you have just recommended me something even if you think wired is better without me having to explain all of my reasons in life, just respecting my choice, you can't tell me how to feel or not with those damn wires around, its subjective. If you had said like ''wireless headphone A is good'' and I was like no I think B is better, THEN you would have been right for asking ''If our words are wasted on you why are you even bothering to ask our advice in the first place?''.
>>
>>54558854
>>54559274
part 2

I even mentioned that I have JBL in ear reflect bluetooth headphones which I bought for 100 euro and I like them alot, then how can you tell me that I won't like it? Imagine then how I would like around ear ones. Cause basically thats what you're saying; You shouldn't like them because of reasons A, B and C, and if you don't agree then you have a problem with truth.

From all the wireless headphones, which is the best for my budget? Or are you implying that there is no difference in quality and that they are all the same so I might as well pay 20 euros???

You absolute filth of a human being, pseudo intellectual shit.

>>54559206
Thank god there are also people like you. He's saying that I'm denying the truth, I'm not because I don't have enough knowledge about the subject, but I know what my taste in comfort is. And you are right that my criteria is hard, thats because I want something which in my mind I know what it is, but I don't know whether such exact thing in real life exists. That other fuckface was trying to do me away as an asshole while he was the one being a cunt and unwilling to help or even understand.
>>
>>54559206
>http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MeelectronicsAirFiMatrix2AF62Bluetooth.pdf
Thanks again dude
>>
>>54559206
do you have an opinion on the sony xb950? They cost like 130 euro
>>
>>54559206
>If the anon needs wireless
I have yet to be convinced of any situation in which anon needs wireless. Simply because he says he does is not convincing. Not even believing he does especially after not discussing it but simply blowing off discussion as "trolling."

>>54559274
>I get fucking irritated by the mother fucking wires
If you coil/tie up then the only thing that will bother you is your own unwillingness to use something wired. They would just be like sunglasses with built in mp3 player and earpods that Lance Armstrong used to pitch a few years back. ESPECIALLY if you get something with a detachable wire and-

>You absolute filth of a human being
Wow. Just wow. I'm sorry that you are so offended that you feel a need to insult a complete stranger on the internet simply because you are not getting the pretty lie that you want.
>>
File: MORTGAGE.jpg (31 KB, 430x242) Image search: [Google]
MORTGAGE.jpg
31 KB, 430x242
>>54559325
>guy prefers different kind of headphones
>you absolute filth of human being, pseudo intellectual shit.
>>
File: CB34aNtUkAAFpQk.jpg (14 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
CB34aNtUkAAFpQk.jpg
14 KB, 320x320
Hey guys, I'm looking for some purchase advice, gonna get some real headphones cause I'm sick of gaming labelled shit.

>Budget
Anything around/under 100 euros

>Location
Belgium

>Source
Computer and phone

Full sized

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Idk, as long as it's not totally uncomfortable

>Preferred tonal balance

Don't care
>Preferred music
Don't care, I'll mostly use it for games

>Past headphones
Gaymur trash
>>
>>54560222
Why does amazon.de have such shit availability for headphones? I'd normally suggest the XPT100 at that price point. Maybe the Takstar Pro 80 if that's not available. Funnily enough, the only one of those two is a rebranded Takstar Pro 80 as a gaming headset.
>>
>>54560261
I'm gonna check those out senpai, thanks
>>
>>54558816
same rquest.
All the same criteria except no bluetooth, but I need to be able to take the wire off
>>
Bedtime bump. Hope the thread is still alive when I wake.
>>
File: placebodistraction.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
placebodistraction.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>TFW DS4 transmitter amp is enough to drive HD800 to high volume.

Where you was, when audiotists from head-fi got BTFO?
>>
>>54560972
>audiotists from head-fi got BTFO?
And from /g/
>>
The form won't help me here because i have the headphones but i don't have a source for them
what is a good cheap dac that won't break after a year?
>>
File: ETHER-wall-of-fame-510x509.png (284 KB, 510x509) Image search: [Google]
ETHER-wall-of-fame-510x509.png
284 KB, 510x509
What's /g/'s opinion on Mrspeakers Ether?
I currently have a modded HD800 but kinda curious about the Ether. From reading, I can't conclude that Ether is the better headphones though.
>>
>>54561277
Objective 2 DAC+amp. Can be used with different system as plug-and-play (for example PS4), cheap and outperform other 1500$+ dac/amp combo.

If you think your audio will be better with external dac or amp, I would suggest to lower your expectations. If you don't hear static hiss by using integrated dac, you will not hear any difference with new one (if you do, that because they distort, or how audiophiles love to say "color" your signal i.e. working as hardware equalizer). If your volume slider not on 100% all the time, you don't need amp ether.
>>
>Budget
$100 (U.S.)
>Location
Canada
>Source
DAC
IEM
>Open or closed
IEM
>Comfort level
High
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Preferred music
Electronic
Classical
Alternative rock
>Past headphones
Klipsch X10 (I'm trying to replace this after it broke)
>>
Is there any good cheap/chinese active noise cancelling headphones or earbuds? I've tried some Bose ones at a noisy store and everything felt so calm suddenly...

But you know, they cost $400 and
>Bose
>>
>>54561364
it's way more accurate, but HD 800 are $300 headphones fidelity wise, so it doesn't say much
>>
>>54554048
Do you got everest 700 or everest elite 700? I'm curious if non elite got dsp as well.

I have the same problem with everest elite 700, however only when I don't have any sound playing. Think the dsp can't handle silence in wired on mode.

You can have them in on mode even without a charging cable connected.

Don't got any fix but I just never use them wired. I never intended to use them wired to begin with and just tested when I got them to see how it worked.
>>
>>54561364
>Orthodynamic
Nice outdated tech grandpa
>>
>>54560972
561035 > 094029
>>
File: 1454089173037.jpg (9 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
1454089173037.jpg
9 KB, 248x203
>Budget
$50
>Location
America!!
>Source
Phone and Laptop
I don't really have one, just need to be comfy
>Open or closed
Closed, I plan on using them in public often
>Comfort level
Very comfy please, the less I notice them the better
>Preferred tonal balance
Bright, I listen to a lot of cute anime girl music.
>Preferred music
Cute anime girl music
>Past headphones
some shit that costed like $10 from fucking Walmart

i am waiting warmly for your responses.
>>
File: europoor.png (29 KB, 947x250) Image search: [Google]
europoor.png
29 KB, 947x250
>>54562409
Sold out in my country, importing from USA. For now I am forced to use this kind of adapter.
>>
File: image.jpg (964 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
964 KB, 2000x1500
>>54562438
Hi. Tascam TH-02 with HM5 pads. Very underrated starter headphones.
No offense and my opinion but I didn't like the HyperX Cloud when I tried it at the store.
I got my HM5 pads from MP4Nation when they had a 25% off sale in April.

http://www.amazon.com/TASCAM-TH02-B-Closed-Back-Stylish-Headphone/dp/B00B1N06PO/
http://www.amazon.com/Brainwavz-Replacement-Memory-Foam-Earpads/dp/B00MFDT894/

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/TeacCTH02.pdf
http://cdn.innerfidelity.com/images/styles/600_wide/public/Science_InterpretingSquareWaves_Illustration_InterpretingSquareWaves_0.jpg
>>
>>54561744
Not sure about that, I've read conflicting opinions that said Ether is more not worth the asking price
>>
>>54562645
>Not sure about that
go have a look at the measurements then
>>
>>54562438
You could try to find a deal on some AKG K240. They're seem to have a good present sound you may like.
>>
>>54562755
most headphones have a present sound. the drivers are right next to your ears.
>>
>Budget
50-80$
>Location
Romania
>Source
Laptop
Anything that's good for djing in loud places
>Open or closed
don't really care
>Comfort level
as comfy as possible, but I don't mind using headphones with a medium confort level as long as I like how they sound
>Preferred music
I prefer all kinds of music but I will use this headset mostly for EDM.
>>
>>54562755
>>54562532
Just noticed that you want closed back, so they may not be the best actually.

>>54562815
I meant bright by saying "present". I'm used to using present as a term associated with guitar amps, which is a control of high treble frequencies basically.

Anyways

>Budget
Around $175, slightly flexible

>Location
U.S.

>Source
Computer into DAC

Full sized over ear

>Open or closed
Going to try open

>Comfort level
Moderately to highly comfortable

>Preferred tonal balance
I prefer a somewhat neutral sound, should be nice and clear. NOT a V shape, so the beyer DT models are not an option.

>Preferred music
Shoegaze, electronic (vaporwave, chillwave, ambient, synthwave), jazz, rock/metal

>Past headphones
AKG K44 - cheap but really not bad at all. They've been durable and comfortable, and sound nice, but lack the openness and "soundstage" I'm looking for. They have done a good job for producing - which I intend to also do with new headphones

I've been looking at a few models. These include the HD598 and the AKG Q701 (About the same as the K701 and K702).
>>
>>54563008

k7xx

alternatively just get a cheap shp 9500 and save up for an hd600 in the future
>>
Should I buy the Shure srh1440? I can get them for 160 euros.
>>
>>54563387
you can get better headphones for €160
>>
Hey there. I posted yesterday asking for some advice and some kind anons suggested me the Sennheiser 558s. My budget is $100-150 USD so if I can get the 598 SEs for $145 should I get that instead?

Is there any major differences that justify spending more or should I stick to the 558s?
>>
>>54563496
they are the same headphones except for a piece of foam that can easily be removed from the hd 558
>>
>>54563474
Any recommendations?
>>
>>54563584
K612
>>
Favorite headphones you own or have owned?
>>
>>54563688
Among M50, SRH840, AD700, HD598, HD600, HD800, LCD-2 and LCD-3

LCD-3 kinda curbstomps, bit unfair considering the price though. But I'd give second place to the HD600. I love those headphones.
>>
Why are headphone threads so fucking slow now? God damn.
>>
What's the best modmic to buy for gaming? I see there's many variations of them.
>>
>>54565112
there's little reason to get anything but uni-directional.
the real question is if you want to pay another $7 for a mute button.
>>
>>54565204
Oh I see. I'll go with the ability to mute.

Would this be enough to connect it to? Instead of straight to the back of the PC?
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-ICUSBAUDIO2D-Adapter-External-Digital/dp/B00F7120TQ
>>
>>54565284
it works with most PC mobos. if it doesn't work on yours, you can get a cheap external USB sound card to fix it.
http://www.amazon.com/TopOne-Channel-External-Sound-Adapter/dp/B00WJVGDX6/ref=zg_bs_3015427011_7
>>
>>54554190
880 is nice in general but it has a tight clamp and the pads touch your ears, akg's are much more comfortable imo, although the 701 has those headband bumps I think?, i've never tried those.
>>
>>54558785
Is that you?, you posted the same picture yesterday, if so how much are you squatting there lad
>>
>>54565459
you don't need to try out the headphones to find out if the headband has bumps. you can just google the name and have a look.
>>
Opinions on the TH600?
>>
>>54565762
muddy garbage
>>
>>54565564
Obviously, i'm just saying that I've never tried a pair with the bumps.
>>
An m50x is being delivered to me in a few days. What can I expect?
>>
File: t440x300.jpg (33 KB, 440x266) Image search: [Google]
t440x300.jpg
33 KB, 440x266
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-polk-audio-hinge-over-ear-headphones

Am I about to fall for something bad?
>>
>>54566180

B A S S

and a decent set of closed cans if you spent ~$110 or less. I've got a set of M50s that I like a lot, but I'm thinking of throwing on some velour pads for extra comfort.
>>
>>54565539
140 kg, 310 lbs I think
>>
>>54565459
The clamp is relative actually, it's a metal headband, you can strech it to your prefference with a few books over the night, pads don't touch mine, maybe your ears are bigger? Always something to check before buying a headphone.
Q701 still has the bumps in the headband.
>>
>>54566884
Height? How do you feel about that bald head?
>>
>>54560360
V-moda M100, built like a fucking tank, very portable, detachable cable.
If your budget allows it, also grab a pair of V-moda XL pads for increased comfort.
>>
Can I just use a micro dac if my audio jack is fucked up?
>>
Thoughts on fulla schiit?
>>
File: 1459965328898.png (5 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
1459965328898.png
5 KB, 208x208
why are earbuds frowned upon? i've never tried a pair of IEMs that i thought was comfy, and most of them just fall out. are IEMs by design really that much better in sound quality?
srs question, pls no bully
>>
>>54567411
>go to the wiki link in the OP
>ctrl+f "earbuds"
>hit enter twice
>question marks
>profit
>>
>>54566929
184 cm
82 kg, got atleast 20 more to go, eating is hard since I have been underfed my whole life, was 60 kg before lifting. The balding, I don't even think or remember about or notice it. I'm 22 years old, I'm from Armenia and its genetic. Hurr durr dezdozderon
>>
>>54567567
>I have been underfed my whole life
Are you a refugee?
>>
>>54567411
>why are earbuds frowned upon?
I don't think they're frowned upon so much as obsolete. No one makes a decent set of earbuds except maybe Yuin.

>i've never tried a pair of IEMs that i thought was comfy, and most of them just fall out.
Use foamies/comply tips.

>are IEMs by design really that much better in sound quality?
Yes if only because there are numerous manufacturers of good IEMs (not to mention boutique).
>>
My audio technica ath pro 700 2's now sound like someone put the midrange in a submarine. Kill me
>>
>>54567599
I should have used a different word, lets say I am unique (not being secretive I just don't know exaclty) health, mentally and physically. So I just ate very little through my whole life, took a shit once a week or two. I did eat lots of candy, sweets and cake. And I started martial arts from age 7 and was very good, got national champion couple of times too. But yea I am refugee, got here when I was 7. Though that was not the problem of not eating, to this day I have to put lots of effort to swallow anything, as if my throat does not let through food.
>>
File: _MG_5282-800x800.jpg (30 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
_MG_5282-800x800.jpg
30 KB, 800x800
>>54567215
>>54567305
Consider getting the Hifimediy ready made DACs.

That DAC shares the same USB receiver and DAC chip as the JDS Labs ODAC.
Search "TE7022" and "ES9023" in both links.
http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/sabre-dac-uae23
http://nwavguy.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/odac-released.html

There's a Hifimediy ES9018K2M USB DAC in their store too.
I'm interested if that sounds any different than the reference ES9018 version.
Sennheiser HE-1 has a ES9018 http://en-de.sennheiser.com/sennheiser-he-1
>>
>>54567706
so this will work even if my audio jack is straight broken?
>>
>>54567745
You mean 3.5mm audio jack?
Yeah.
>>
File: 8.jpg (102 KB, 480x396) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
102 KB, 480x396
who /poor fag/ here
>>
>>54567754
thanks so much!
>>
>>54567745
Do you mean the audio jack on your PC/laptop? An external DAC replaces the soundcard in your PC/laptop.
>>
>>54567853
yessir. what does an amp do?
>>
>>54567781
pic unrelated? you must be a billionaire if you can afford to get new headphones once a week
>>
>>54567868
>what does an amp do?
It amplifies an analog signal from a source.
>>
>>54567617
thanks family
>>
I love these ones, with some EQ they sound really good IMO

>>54567781
>me too
Saw some pretty good reviews of those, for the price. Gotta turn them up tho
>>
>>54566272
anyone?
>>
>Budget
~150€

>Location
Europe

>Source
computer/smartphone/tablet

full

>Open or closed
closed

>Comfort level
5/10, will be using for hours straight but I don't mind compromising

>Preferred tonal balance
neutral or v-shaped

>Preferred music
podcasts/hip-hop/ambient/dnb/instrumental hip-hop/indie-rock/post-rock

>Past headphones
Sennheiser HD439
Bose QC 3
Some ~40€ AKG's
Sennheiser CX300II

The Bose are not mine, I used them a lot and I really liked their sound, their sound isolation and their noise cancelation. They felt fragile and are too expensive, plus they needed charging too, and press a little on the ears and leave them sore, even though they're comfortable..
The Sennheiser's HD439, my main headphones, were okay but I felt like I was needing an upgrade and now they're having chord problems too so I'm taking the chance to upgrade them. Comfort was fine but the sound quality lacked a little imo.

I'm pretty sure I'm going for the m50x but I'd like some second opinions.
>>
File: 817CXFrQmRL._SL1500_.jpg (164 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
817CXFrQmRL._SL1500_.jpg
164 KB, 1500x1001
do i need an amp to use these?
>>
I need decent portable phones that are DURABLE and preferably at least semi open so I don't get hit by a train.

I've had like 5 pairs of KSC75 and while they're great they always break.

Budget say under $100. What's out there for me
>>
>>54567887
what?
>>
>Budget
100 burger bucks

>Location
Murrika

>Source
Computer

Full

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
As high as it can get. The issue I have is not my current headphones, I love em, but that I've recently developed a pain in the ass jaw issue that causes headphones that clamp too tight onto / around my ears to quickly become painful if used for over an hour.

The overall weight or bulkiness of it or anything doesn't matter, it's entirely how tight the phones clamp down around the ear that matters.

>Preferred tonal balance
Whatever works best for vidya gaem, assumedly something pretty neutral

>Past headphones
JVC HARX900

I'm not too picky about audio quality, especially with the kind of problem I'm trying to circumvent, but I'd like something that isn't too jarring from what I'm used to. Not like I have much of a choice in the matter anyways, I'll be pretty happy with anything that doesn't fucking hurt right now.

Normally I'd figure this shit out myself and do my own research but I've really had no luck at all with trying to find accurate specifics on how tight headphones clamp down and just trying to eyeball it based on pictures hasn't done me any good so far.

And no, I've tried earbuds, I can't stand them, I'd sooner tolerate the pain than use them.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
>>
>>54568872
the headphones you posted are chink shit
>>
>>54568181
Any iem. Don't listen music higher than 50%, unlesz you want to be deaf.
>>
What are the differences between the K702 and K712 Pro that are supposed to justify 100€ price difference?
>>
>>54560972
Are you that same autistic kid who posted pictures of his hd800 claiming it would ruffle feathers and nobody gave a shit?

>Audiotists

It's very likely.
>>
>>54569025
the mids on K712 are less bloated
not enough to justify the price difference though
>>
>>54568993
>I've recently developed a pain in the ass jaw issue that causes headphones that clamp too tight onto / around my ears to quickly become painful if used for over an hour.
IEMs.
>>
File: 1394831053062.png (428 KB, 550x607) Image search: [Google]
1394831053062.png
428 KB, 550x607
>>54567781
Me. They're okay. I own one.

I don't know why Tyll Hertsens said that the HD202 is better but I do agree that he said the HD201 lacks imaging now that I'm wearing them now.
>>
>>54558171
I have them. What do you mean? They're bassy and the treble is a little recessed.
>>
>>54568147
To use them? no

To get the best out of them? yes
>>
need quick thoughts on bose quietcomfort 25. thanks.
>>
>>54569165
they also lack the entire frequency range known as bass
>>
>>54569153
>>54569025
Isn't the only difference the memory foam pads? I thought the 7XX Massdrop ver was supposed to have them like the K702 Annies/K712? Wrong? Also the latter is made in Austria vs China.
>>
File: 1364750400580.jpg (46 KB, 712x480) Image search: [Google]
1364750400580.jpg
46 KB, 712x480
>>54553686
>starbucks cup
>the cup they use for hot drinks, not iced drinks
>drinking from a straw from a hot drink

Shoujo's crazy
>>
File: hd600 and hd201.gif (319 KB, 847x824) Image search: [Google]
hd600 and hd201.gif
319 KB, 847x824
>>54569264
hmm
>>
>>54569211
>bose
No. Just no.
>>
>>54568141
bump
>>
>>54569282
does it really matter? k612 are the only open AKGs worth buying anyway
>>
>>54569345
Heh, I'd pay the extra $50 or so for the K7XX just to have the removable cable alone.
>>
>>54569363
good point, but they happen to be sold exclusively through massdrop
>>
I need advice on either decent headphones that can be used as speakers or small wearable speakers.

I want to listen to music at work, but cannot wear headphones. There's a hard rule against any unnecessary hearing obstruction, it's a safety issue.
However, I can play music through portable speakers so long as it's not disruptive/distracting loud. My job is labor intensive and involves a lot of walking around, so I prefer something I can wear out of the way, like over my neck/shoulders.

>Budget
Under $100, flexible for quality/durability.
>Location
US
>Source
ipod
>Comfort level
I'll be wearing them for up to 12 hours so they have to be comfortable.
>>
>>54569863
koss portapros was the first thing that popped into my head. they are open on-ear headphones with lifetime warranty.
someone might have a better suggestion.
i'm leaving now and won't be able to answer any questions you might have.
>>
File: V-Moda-XL-Earcups-Open.jpg (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
V-Moda-XL-Earcups-Open.jpg
129 KB, 800x600
Best sub $200 cans:

V-Moda LP2s w/ XL Pads
>>
>>54570044
no
>>
>>54569863
Depends on your music style if your music leans to rock, electronic, hip hop or anything that involves considerable bass get a pair of V-Modas w/ XL Pads. The packaged ear pads make anything sound muffled and muddied, but the XLs make them compete with my HD 598 and beats it at most genres except for most classical and opera music I listen to. They also have a break-in period of about a week until they contour to your head and stop feeling clampy.
>>
>>54553686
Hi guys I m from shithole and free delivery does not include my country in 99,99% of cases

can you pick best headphones for me under 60 euro on syte included?
this is headphones price comparing syte for my country
sluchadla.heureka.sk

Basically many models are not avaible here and 100$ headphones=300$ here
>>
File: zZjFlw2.jpg (44 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
zZjFlw2.jpg
44 KB, 600x800
>>54570069
Did I hit you right in your cuck-diophile epeen for suggesting something that isn't actual snake oil?
>>
If I want to buy a pair of wireless headphones for the TV so I don't have to hear the person watching TV while I'm on the computer, what should I be looking for? Reviews tend to be very polarizing on the options I've seen.
>>
>>54570441
I reccomend panasonic ergofit
>>
>>54570127
>They also have a break-in period of about a week until they contour to your head and stop feeling clampy.
Contouring to my head is a non-issue because I cannot wear them over my ears. I don't want to get fired /get injured /die.

I need something that I can loop around my neck, point in the general direction of my ears and hear without needing to max out the volume to compete against machinery hum.
>>
>>54570461
Do you have a link..? If I google that I get a lot of ~10 dollar earbuds.
>>
Which Kingston HyperX Cloud is the decent one? Here on my country (hueland), there are two available:

http://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/site/produtos/descricao.cgi?codigo=56290&origem=52&gclid=CMG5qJer3cwCFVMEkQodwHUA_g

http://www.kabum.com.br/cgi-local/site/produtos/descricao.cgi?codigo=69279&origem=52&gclid=CP3Bi_Cq3cwCFRUFkQodU6AP1A

And I don't know which is the Takstar Pro 80.
>>
>>54570153
You can take your basshead headphones and sit in the time-out corner.
>>
File: 19481723712 (19).jpg (121 KB, 553x622) Image search: [Google]
19481723712 (19).jpg
121 KB, 553x622
>over head headphones often make my ears/head hurt after 2+ hours of listening
>most in ears I've used don't noise cancel enough

Is there any realistic option
>>
>>54570591
speakers
>>
>>54570602
http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Professional-LSR305-Studio-Monitor/dp/B00DUKP37C

This is what I was looking at for speakers, it's kind of pricey.
>>
File: hf5_450_v2.jpg (16 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
hf5_450_v2.jpg
16 KB, 450x450
>>54570591
>>most in ears I've used don't noise cancel enough
>>
>>54570591
>>most in ears I've used don't noise cancel enough
Get some Shure's and use the half-olive foamies. IIRC they have 30-35dbs of isolation which is greater than any active cancellation.
>>
>>54570638
>$220 for all of this

wew, will check it out though

>>54570635
these seem promising
>>
>>54570500
I shall warn you beforehand, he's taking the piss on you for asking for a wireless headphone, read the above posts about wireless and you'll see. He means to say that it doesn't matter what you get, they are all shit, might as well pay 10 dollar
>>
>>54570689
>>$220 for all of this
I guess you cannot find SE115 in your third world country? They cost $50 here in the US.
>>
>>54570713
I live in america, I literally do not see them for that price.
>>
>>54570745
> I literally do not see them for that price.
Excuse me. Not the SE115 but the SE112.
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE112-GR-Isolating-Earphones-MicroDriver/dp/B00EWOK09G
>$49
>>
>>54570591
Buy some fake SE215s from Aliexpress. 75% of the sound quality of the real deal.
>>
>>54554832
Have really nobody ever heard of this brand?
>>
>>54570766
Thanks, I'll check those out too.
>>
>>54570745
Even the SE215 is less than half of "$220 for all this." Perhaps you should train your google-fu a bit more?
>>
File: 1458106846877.png (218 KB, 536x546) Image search: [Google]
1458106846877.png
218 KB, 536x546
Looking for a decent headphone amp because my phone can't power my headphones to the volume I want

>Budget
$55
>Location
USA
>Source
Phone (nexus 6)

>Headphones
Audio Technica ATH-M50X

Any help please? I know very little about portable amps. Much appreciated!
>>
>>54570869
Are you deaf or something?
>>
>>54570869
CMOY mint tin amp.
>>
>>54570922
Nexus 6 has some huge issues with proper audio output. Needs some file tweaking and even then it messes up because the file keeps overwriting or some shit.
>>
>>54570869
so fucking adorable
>>
>>54569307
why?
>>
>>54570981
60% of what you pay for is the brand.
>>
>>54568997
okay?
>>
Build quality is crucial to me, and I will spend more for it if needed. I have burned through so many headphones, all of which are due to broken contacts, normally at the base of the jack, and I cannot get a pair that lasts more than a few months

>Budget
£60-70, up to 80 if absolutely needed ($80-120)
>Location
England
>Source
Phone, sometimes PC pr other devices
In-ear, or anything low profile
>Open or closed
Closed (is it possible to get open in-ear?)
>Comfort level
Comfortable enough to be able to lay on the side of a pillow with no discomfort, but generally not that important
>Preferred tonal balance
Bass, but generally no preference
>Preferred music
House, EDM, Chill, Pop, Rock
>Past headphones
Apple stock (pre-earpods & earpods)
Samsung stock (S3 & S6 model)
Skullcandy 50/50
Woodbuds
Mi3 in-ear (current, right driver is quiter and changing the balance doesn't help)
Stock Nokia
>>
>>54571071
>Closed (is it possible to get open in-ear?)
Open would be earbuds rather than IEMs. Though some IEMs are semi-open with "tuning" or "bass" ports.

RHA MA750
>>
>>54571071
Forgot to mention it's preferable if they have an in-line remote + mic, but I can go without if needed
>>
Right side of my Sennheiser HD 202 just busted itself, had them for about 4 and a half years. It was honestly perfect for me as I'm not too much of an audiophile. Considering getting another pair but is there anything better for the same price ($70 AUD)?
>>
How do the K7XX and DT880 compare to the SHP9500? Are either of them enough of an upgrade to be worth it?
>>
>>54571198
Used? Get a HD558 or HD518 from eBay.

I'm not too sure about brand new with that price. HyperX Cloud was lackluster for me.
>>
Is bone conduction a meme? Are they any good?
>>
>>54571258
cheers m8
HD518s at my local are on sale, might jew my way into getting them cheaper
>>
>>54570792
>>54570772
>>54570766

Is the consensus that the 215 are pretty much the best IEMs under 100 euros? I'm searching for in-ears and I read breedy good things about them (not the anon who originally aked btw)
>>
>>54571464
It depends on your preferred sound signature.

See the second link. At the very bottom. Bass heavy.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/ShureSE215.pdf
http://cdn.innerfidelity.com/images/styles/600_wide/public/Science_InterpretingSquareWaves_Illustration_InterpretingSquareWaves_0.jpg
>>
>>54571514
Thanks anon, do you have any other option that I should look at? Not crossing off the shures I just want to check my alternatives.
>>
>>54567706
It looks like I'm getting my hands on this http://hifimediy.com/9018-dac for $72 with low mileage used (few months old).

I will compare them to a full-sized ES9018 DAC using this http://www.amazon.com/Sescom-SES-AUDIO-AB-Stereo-Audio-Switch/dp/B008BMLXAU/

>>54571578
I'm pro-Etymotic. I have all of them. I don't think you'll like them but they do block out a nuclear explosion and they sound very neutral and bright. Someone else should chime in other alternatives such as a RHA MA750 or something like a Meelec M6 Pro?
>>
>>54571656
>I don't think you'll like them

Why would you say that? To clarify, just because I was looking at the Shures doesn't mean that I like them bass heavy.
>>
>>54571741
The insertion? It's like a dildo lol.

Some people coming from bass heavy headphones will complain that Etys don't have any bass.

Etymotic ER4's and MC5's is not forgiving to badly recorded music. Ety HF5's are good value but I hate how rolled off the treble sounds but you can fix that with a impedance adapter.
>>
>>54571464
>Is the consensus that the 215 are pretty much the best IEMs under 100 euros?
I prefer the MA750 over the SE215.
>>
>Budget

50 to 100 CAD

>Location

Canada

>Source

my laptop

full-sized

>Open or closed

closed

>Comfort level

I will accept less comfort if it meant a significant improvement in quality. My current headphones sometimes press on my ears after a while and it's uncomfortable, but I can get past.

>Preferred tonal balance

neutral

>Preferred music

Metal, rock, orchestra, hip-hop, in this order

>Past headphones

Sennheiser HD201S, I feel like the sound I get is good, but I never knew better. Were they a good deal for 20$? I might keep them if I don't feel like Im missing out on much.
>>
File: sennheiser-hd-558[1].jpg (132 KB, 701x678) Image search: [Google]
sennheiser-hd-558[1].jpg
132 KB, 701x678
>>54553686

I just ordered these on amazon.

Am I in for a treat senpais?
>>
File: funny meme.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
funny meme.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>build quality and comfort is much better on fidelio x2s
>enjoy HD650 sound more
one of them has to go, what do /hpg/?
>>
>>54572890
HD201s? Do you still have them. See what Tyll said about them in page 2. I agree with the lackluster imaging. But they still sound not bad against a HD600 albeit single plane imaging sounding.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/sennheiser-hd-202-inexpensive-headphones-done-really-well-page-2
>>
>>54572890
Look at the M40X.
http://ko.goldenears.net/board/5705574
>>
>>54573175
I do still have them, using them right now actually. Do you recommend the HD202 as well?

>>54573239
judging by the Bode's diagrams I guess they would suite me fine, however I can't read this page. I looked up the model but the price is too high for me

Thanks
>>
>>54573308
I don't remember but I did own the HD202 seven years ago and then the HD448. I don't remember any of them.
>>
>>54573148
Imho, Comfort = Sound > built quality
Simply because good sound on a headphone that hurt's can be enjoyed for long, while good comfort doesn't really justify long hours of listening with bad sound quality, but if i had to pick one, it probably would be comfort first, something that doesn't hurts should be pretty basic.
Durability is relative, i know people who have headphones for years and they still look like new, sennheisers included, sure, it's nice to have peace of mind in case you accident the shit out your headphones, but if you only have one headphone and it's not a cheap one you should probably take great care of it regardless.
>>
what is the best headset in the 100$ range?

If i go any higher, will quality increase? Or is it just brand pricing from here after?

And don't talk to me about stupid non headset setups.
>>
File: 20150902021348_26787_grande.jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
20150902021348_26787_grande.jpg
78 KB, 600x600
Has anyone used planar headphones? Should I get a pair or just get some beyerdynamics? I've been using senns for years... Love em just want to know what I'm missing.
>>
>>54573619
>what is the best headset in the 100$ range?
Depends on your priorities. IMO it is the HD558 but your sonic preferences may be different than mine.
>>
>>54573619
Logitech
Steelseries Siberia
Sennheiser G4ME
>>
>>54573619
>just brand pricing from here after
It's brand princing already there, but you don't want "stupid non headset setups", so who cares if you fuck up.
>>
>>54573619
shp9500 + vmoda boompro
>>
>>54574631
>inb4 not a headset
...even though it basically is.
>>
>>54573619
>And don't talk to me about stupid non headset setups.
>Don't actually give me advice you silly boys!

Fuck off then.
>>
>>54574965
Nothing personal kid, you probably wouldn't tell the differece between your headphones and my car's exhaust pipe.
>>
File: 1461107568326.png (29 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
1461107568326.png
29 KB, 500x275
>>54573619
>>
which are the most comfy headphones /hpg/?

Also with good bass because I fell for the fostex meme and they are far too neutral for me
>>
Any other kse1500 owners here?
>>
>>54575473
nobody here is that retarded
>>
>>54575473
>kse1500
If I was going to spend $3k on earphones it would be cIEMs.
>>
Anybody have the Massdrop/Fostex headphones?
>>
>>54561364
Ether is end-game for people who actually want a balanced response in a headphone that is worth it's price tag (relative to the competition anyways).
>>
>>54575793
couldn't be more wrong
>>
File: IMG-0294-1[1].jpg (26 KB, 522x348) Image search: [Google]
IMG-0294-1[1].jpg
26 KB, 522x348
can someone explain to me what amps and shit are and why I would want one instead of just plugging the headphones in

pic related my headphones
>>
>>54571868
>>54572480

Thanks anons, one last thing I read by some people that the Shure's and the MA750 tend to break after about 6 months. Can somebody confirm that?
>>
I'm thinking for my next headphones I might get DT 880s or 990s, but having never really used open-back, I'm wondering what the sound leakage is like. I know people will be able to hear me in the same room, but will they be able to make out what I'm listening to? Will people outside the room or in the next room hear it if I'm listening to something at a high volume?
>>
Looking for a budget closed back, over ear headphone while I wait for my HiFiMAN HE-350's to arrive.

Are the Kingston HyperX Cloud Core a good budget choice? Read a couple of good things about them.
>>
>get a huge chunk of wax out of my ear
>hearing becomes off balance
sigh
>>
>>54577109
that's a headset, friend
>>
>>54577109
If you get those. Get HM5 pads for them. I recall HyperX Cloud had smallish pads. See >>54562532 for another headphone to consider. I'm not saying it's better than the other. Maybe the HyperX Cloud sounds better for you.

Is the HyperX Cloud available to try in store?
>>
>>54577208
I know but it's removable. I just want a cheapo pair of headphones while I unpatiently wait for my HE-350s to ship :(
>>
>>54577218
I'll have a look at any suggestion. Don't want to spend more than $75 for a pair of closed backs.
>>
>>54577222
http://pastebin.com/CCQCUv5e
>>
>>54561406
>Budget
€100
>>Location
Europe
>Source
Smartphone/PC frontal panel
Over ear (even on ear as long as they're comfortable)
>Open or closed
Closed, as long as they don't rely heavily on a good seal
>Comfort level
As high as possible, I'd say it's top priority
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral is fine, but I don't dislike warmer sounds
>Preferred music
Prog rock/metal
>Past headphones
Philips Fidelio X2
Etymotic Research hf5
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over Ear (I returned these after a week: didn't like the sound, didn't like what I got for the price I've payed)

I need a pair of headphones to use at work: I love my Ety (although I wish the lowrange wasn't so rolled off), but they're not ideal for prolonged use, and there's no point in using them where there's no noise to block out anyway; I love even more my X2 because of the comfort and the sound (although there's an annoying spike in the mid-high range), but I wouldn't use them at work (too expensive to move them outside my basement, too big to use them anywhere in public). I'm not sure about anything closed because I have to wear eyeglasses, and in my past experience with the Momentum breaking the seal with the pads (which is inevitable if you wear glasses) rapes the sound, especially the low range.
>>
>>54569025
K712 is more mid-bassy and only slightly less bright. K702 has overall better mids and it's more balanced imo. K702's bright signature along with its bump at 1.5 khZ-2.5 khZ isn't definitely a problem to me, rather it makes details come out so well it's awesome. I was able to fix the sub-bass lack of my K702 through EQ APO very easily.
>>
File: 1605161530.jpg (64 KB, 638x504) Image search: [Google]
1605161530.jpg
64 KB, 638x504
I got some money to waste and am looking for some comfy high end headphones, mostly to listen to music or podcasts while hacking away on my PC. They have to be wireless (yeah, yeah, I know).

>Budget
above $400-500 or so I'd feel uneasy
>Location
Switzerland
>Source
PC mostly, maybe Laptop occasionally
overear or bust
>Open or closed
open
>Comfort level
high I guess? should be able to wear them for a few hours without getting cancer

The one match I find at our major online retailer here are the Sennheiser RS 185. Looks very good to me at a first glance. Should I go for an impulse buy?
>>
>>54573638
>Has anyone used planar headphones?
Yes.
>Should I get a pair or just get some beyerdynamics?
I don't know.

Start searching for good headphones by not paying attention to irrelevant things such as price, brand or transducer type.
>>
File: Compare MA750 to GR07.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Compare MA750 to GR07.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>54576029
>MA750 tend to break after about 6 months.
Where did you read this? I've had mine for about two years now. Considering how solidly it is built I find it hard to believe. Pic attached is comparing the MA750 to the GR02.
>>
>>54578732
The big three should fit in your price range. There's also the HE400S if you want to try planar.
>>
>Budget
$150
>Location
USA
>Source
Laptop into DAC/AMP, and Phone (Nexus 5)

IEM

>Comfort level
Has to be able to not fall out of my ears, and fit well.

>Preferred tonal balance
V-Shape, or Neutral

>Preferred music
EDM
Jazz
Classical
Orchestral
Vocals

>Past headphones
Sony MDR-v6
AKG Q701
Philips Fidelio X2

Currently looking at the Shure SE215s any good for my $150 budget? Can get them for like $80 or is there anything better for $150?
>>
>>54575912
Do your headphones get loud when you turn up the volume? If yes, don't get an amp. If not, get one to amplify the signal.
>>
>>54581022
RHA MA750
>>
>go on youtube to watch headphone reviews
>everyone is 12 years old
god damn I feel old
>>
Looking for an DAC+amp that takes input via USB and S/PDIF (optical or coax doesn't matter).
What are my options to, say, 150€?
>>
>>54569143
>ruffle feathers
What?
>>
>>54582151
I think he meant "rustle jimmies" but hasn't been around here long.
>>
Does anyone here know about integrated amps with DACs? If so what are so brands to look at? I am looking for an integrated amp as desk space is limited that can put out 50-100 watts to power a pair of KEF LS50 speakers. Ideally the amp would also have some sort of connection for a powered sub as well.

Budget is 700 dollars USD that can go to at most 800 USD.
>>
>Budget
200 or less
>Location
US
>Source
FiiO x3
Full sized
>Open or closed
CLOSED
>Comfort level
balanced with quality
>Preferred music
Prog Rock, 20th century classical, jazz
>Past headphones
Currently using HD598, but want closed
>>
>>54582169
Thanks for explanation, but I think he is just butthurted head-fi shill
>>
>>54582501
SRH840?
>>
>>54558032
Bump
>>
I've used disposable headphones pretty much all my life and I don't know shit about headphones but I'm somewhat concerned about not fucking my audition in a future since I use headphones a lot, so I figured I'd spend some money on them.

>budget
less than $1500 (~100 USD)
>location
Mexico
>source
tablet (z3 compact)
>preferred type of headphone
in ear
>comfort level
normal I guess, mostly concerned about health issues, I've read full sized are better than iems in this regard but I can't stand using them
>preferred music
I listen to a lot of different shit, so I guess neutral
>past headphones
disposable shit
>>
>>54583396
>$1500 (~100 USD)
U wut m8? Is that supposed to be 1500 pesos or something that is equivalent to $100 USD?
>>
just got my e10k in the mail

>small as hell, smaller than a credit card
>slight channel imbalance at lower volumes
>loud as hell, had to set windows volume to 30% just to get past the imbalance threshold
>dead silent noise floor even with my 9ohm iems

breddy gud $75 well spent
>>
>Budget
$50
>Location
USA
>Preferred type of Headphones
Don't really have one, desu
>Open or Closed
Open
>Comfort level
I'd like them to be comfy because I spend most of my time listening to music or playing video games
>Preferred music
Edgy satan rock
>Past headphones
I have a pair of ATH-M20's, but they're dying on me.
>>
>>54583562
>loud as hell, had to set windows volume to 30% just to get past the imbalance threshold
set it to low gain and turn windows volume up to 100%
>>
>>54583712
it's already at low gain m8
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.