[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I seed even less? I have my uploads set to 50 kb/s and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: file.png (17 KB, 275x427) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17 KB, 275x427
How can I seed even less?
I have my uploads set to 50 kb/s and seeding automatically stops after the thing is done downloading. I tried setting upload to 0 but then my download speed goes to shit.
>>
File: file.png (2 KB, 176x27) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 KB, 176x27
This is my average download speed, though it fluctuates from 8 - 13.

Goes down to 1mb/s if I set upload to 0
>>
File: 1463100565293.jpg (374 KB, 892x960) Image search: [Google]
1463100565293.jpg
374 KB, 892x960
Well at least you're seeding. Just set the upload speed to like 8 Kbps, I don't care but at least seed senpai. We really appreciate not having dead torrents. A single seeder seeding at 8 Kbps is better than no seeders at all.
>>
>>54548993
>G how can I become a bigger leecher?

Fuck off.
>>
>>54549239
Why seed on public trackers?
>>
this is a bait thread. do not reply
>>
>>54549368
If it is an unpopular torrent that is already struggling with seeders you are an asshole, otherwise its fine because most of the casual scum doesn't use the upload limiter anyway.
>>
>>54549383
No seriously, I've never been able to figure out why changing my upload speed affects my download speed. I'd prefer not to get a DMCA letter in the mail, which is why I don't want to seed.
>>
>>54549454
Do you even know how that works? You get the DMCA notice for downloading the torrent, its irrelevant if you seed it or not, and as far as I'm concerned you can't fully disable the upload, you can limit it to 1Kb/s tough.

I don't know if what you say is true but I have often asked it to myself, if there is some kind of algorithm or something that can give less download speed to shitty seeders, which I think would be perfectly fine
>>
>>54549454
>No seriously, I've never been able to figure out why changing my upload speed affects my download speed.

because if you're not uploading, other peers will not seed to you.

It's part of the bittorrent algorithm and implementation in any client used for seeding.

Typically your upload needs to be 10% of your download or more, otherwise you will be throttled by seeders.
>>
File: qbit10%.png (21 KB, 283x426) Image search: [Google]
qbit10%.png
21 KB, 283x426
>>54549630
>Typically your upload needs to be 10% of your download or more

Seems pretty accurate, my reason for roughly 10% is copper connection, its slow as fuck and need to cripple it a little bit to not saturate.
>>
>>54549575
In Canada it's illegal to upload copyrighted stuff, but not to download.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.