[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do people even use Twitter? Do they read every tweet coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Twitter_logo_blue.png (22 KB, 1139x926) Image search: [Google]
Twitter_logo_blue.png
22 KB, 1139x926
How do people even use Twitter? Do they read every tweet coming from every one of the people they are subscribed to?

I created a fake account just to satisfy my curiosity and see how that shit actually works. I started to follow like 30 tech related people/organisations. Apparently that's already enough to get annoyed with fucking tweets every few minutes. I see people following hundreds of people and shit. Don't they get bombarded with tweets every minute?
>>
>>54548147
Well it's better than Facebook

I don't use either of them though
>>
I use it to follow comedians, podcasters, and sports broadcasters I like. I don't read every tweet, I check in when i feel like it. I tweet questions or funny shit at them and they respond to me sometimes.
>>
>>54548649
>>54548860

How many people does one on average follow?
>>
>>54548147
>Don't they get bombarded with tweets every minute?

kind of, yeah, but to me that's kind of the point of it. it's 140 chars so even if you're being bombarded with tweets it's mostly small info you can process in an instant

for example, i follow 214 accounts and have received about 10 notifications in the last 20 minutes, it's not that much imo
>>
>>54548894
Except that many tweets come with a link to some other stuff. There's rarely ever anything insightful in a single tweet.

In fact, the most engaging ones are the ones that cause or are part of twitter drama and to follow those, you basically have to follow tweets closely.
>>
>>54548942
>Except that many tweets come with a link to some other stuff.
That's because you follow dumb posters
Follow people who actually post interesting stuff instead
>>
>>54548894
was any of them actually important?
>>
>>54548942
that depends on the people you follow I guess, plus I'm not really looking for insightful, it's just a really simple way of seeing people share an opinion, or a small piece of information, it's not supposed to be a news website or facebook
>>
>>54548963
Link me to the last on its own meaningful tweet that you got that didn't actually link to some other form of content? bittttt_ly/toSomeFuckingBlogPost
>>
>>54549022
Like I said, I don't use Twitter anymore but if you follow accounts that aren't meme pages there are a lot of tweets that may or may not be interesting.
>>
>>54548990
barely, so it's a good thing I could read them all in an instant

I also use tweetdeck so I have it on the side of my monitor, it's not like I go to twitter.com and browse it like facebook
>>
>do they read every tweet
No you fucking retard
>>
You are not supposed to read everything
>>
File: groda på bildkanal.jpg (19 KB, 322x245) Image search: [Google]
groda på bildkanal.jpg
19 KB, 322x245
I tweet using alleged "trending" hashtags but I NEVER get any Twitter (You)s
>>
File: 1463187564987.jpg (205 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463187564987.jpg
205 KB, 1280x720
>>54548147

>Using Twitter

Why? Seriously why? It's by far the worst social networking site since it's a cesspool of retardation since its user base mainly comprises of niggers and people pretending to be niggers. Every time I read something form Twitter, I always feel my brain melt.
>>
>>54549022
People still unironically use botnetly after they started inserting affiliate links into the urls?
>>
>>54549022
>bittttt_ly/toSomeFuckingBlogPost

Yeah, twitter's basically become RSS for retards
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.