[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No Rust thread? Where were you when MIR came?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: logo-rust.png (7 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
logo-rust.png
7 KB, 256x256
No Rust thread?

Where were you when MIR came?
>>
was interested a while ago but that faded away.

what's MIR?
>>
>>54541842
An implementation detail of the compiler that is of no consequence to the user but which is hyped up on sites such as hackernews and reddit because not only "everybody can be a programmer" but "everybody can write a compiler".
>>
>>54541824
http://blog.rust-lang.org/2016/05/13/rustup.html

>Rust to WebAssembly

soon
>>
>>54541842
Mid-level IR.

Allows the compiler to optimize pre-LLVM. The compiler pre-MIR is/was dogshit slow, due to all the time spent running optimizations inside of LLVM. All of that is about to change.
>>
>>54541866
>muh sjw languge
>>
http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0324/
>>
>presence of semicolon at the end of a line affects flow control
>shit-tier type parameterization
>"x as T * y" is unironically considered acceptable syntax

Shit meme language.
>>
>>54542053
Because speed, concurrency and type-safety bears no significance what so ever
>>
>>54542267

C++ does all of these things without being re-implemented through hipster-tinted glasses, or trying to push a "modern" centralized language-culture ecosystem on you.
>>
>>54542509
>C++
>safe

pick one
>>
>>54542609
Smart pointers
>>
>>54542618
Having safeish features does not a safe language make.

Also in what world are smart pointers thread safe?
>>
>>54542509
to c++ a safe memory model means extending the standard library and code linting, all while leaving the underlying issue intact, i.e. pretty much the node community's way of dealing with the awfulnes of JS
>>
I'm liking Rust a lot so far even though I don't use it much. Would be nice if I could use it for work. But for that i would need to convince people and it would need a decent cross compilation system and also decently sized binaries. Rustup stuff looks promising.
>>
File: intelligent.png (125 KB, 674x584) Image search: [Google]
intelligent.png
125 KB, 674x584
>>54542618
The search continues, anon.
>>
>>54543339
That is fucking hilarious..
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.