[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to boot Ubuntu from a USB but I get this crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: vcxvcx.jpg (2 MB, 2616x2361) Image search: [Google]
vcxvcx.jpg
2 MB, 2616x2361
I'm trying to boot Ubuntu from a USB but I get this crap and it just stays stuck on the Ubuntu loading menu. I'm using latest Ubuntu and unetbootin.

Wat do
>>
Obligatory install gentoo.
>>
>>54530298
>check disc for defects
Jeez, I wonder why this option's showing onscreen.
>>
>>54530362

But why should that matter if I want to boot from a USB drive.
>>
>>54530390
cause it probably checks the MD5 hash.
If you fucked up your bootable drive there is a big chance that MD5 won't match.
Same shit as a badly burned CD.
>>
>>54530469

so the flash drive is messed up? hmm, that I doubt, but ill try another flash drive just to make sure
>>
>>54530502
are you a computer illiterate?
The flash drive being messed up itself has very little chance of being the source of your problem.
It's about how you can't even use unetbootin correctly.

try dd.
>>
>>54530630
>implying usb controllers / flash chips don't suck the dick regularly
kys

you need to redownload an image, write it, and if it doesn't work try with another usb key anon
>>
use dvd
it always works
>>
Check the hash of the iso.
>>
Heres what you do OP:
>Run live version of ubuntu.
>Run GPARTED when ubuntu loads into GUI.
>Delete primary HDD partitions.
>Apply changes.
>Create single ext4 partition and add mount point as "/"
>Apply changes.
>Reboot.
>Select ubuntu setup.
>Install.
>Profit.
You can thank me later OP.
>>
>>54532790
This kills the pc.

@OP just use Rufus to create a bootable usb
>>
>>54530298
>Unetbootin
There's the problem that shit never works. Use pen drive linux
>>
>>54532936
>rufus
>working

Use dd you dip
>>
>>54530298
Looks like a hardware issue.

Time to stop using shitty flashdrives, OP.
>>
>>54530298
Try using linuxLiveUsb easier than easy
>>
>>54530298
ubuntu seems to be incompatible with your system. Looks like you need to install gentoo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.