[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How-To pirate ebooks ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
I enjoy reading a lot of ebooks on different devices (mostly my old kindle 4, but also on my smartphone via google play books) but it's pretty difficult to find them

torrents don't really work - because almost no one uploads/seeds them - and I mostly end up hoping for some random google search hit on some filesharing site or something

is there any good way to search for specific books? some site or something I don't know about?

>tl:dr: how do you pirate ebooks?
>>
File: shovel_loli_t.png (179 KB, 337x502) Image search: [Google]
shovel_loli_t.png
179 KB, 337x502
>go into barns and nobles store
>take video of books as you flip through them
>?????
>profit
>>
gen.lib.rus.ec
>>
>>54528652
IRC you nigger
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Bookz
>>
>find couple of books from some random sources
>put them on my ereader for whenever I feel like reading
>mfw multiple of them have missing parts or lines
goddammit
Maybe I should give getting them from IRC a try, but that kinda seems like a hassle.
>>
>>54528729
this
>>
>>54528728
this is the answer, anon. lib gen has all you need
>>
>>54528652
Irc
>>
>>54528652
mobilism
libgen
>>
>>54528729
/lit/erati approved
be sure to use mirc and never pay for it
>>
>>54528972
hexchat respects your freedom
>>
bookzzz.org
>>
I just get all my mobi books from libgen. There's a reddit thread somewhere that lists all the mirrors.
>>
what a fag, go google "google advance search"

if u manage to do such a complex thing u will see that u can search by file type, like .PDF (good for books wow)
>>
>>54528652
google "title of book" .(dot) epub or .pdf
>>
>trying to find pirated non-english fiction on the internet
>>
>>54528652

You have a few options.

1) Get into Bibliotik.

2) Go on IRC.

3) Stumble upon the Libgen database as it gets chased around the Internet by literally every IP holder ever.

4) Use Calibre to strip DRM from "free" ebooks that have strings attached, like library books, Kindle Owners' Lending Library books, Kindle Unlimited books, etc. ESPECIALLY library books. You'll need a special version of Calibre's DeDRM plugin to do that, though. The regular one is intentionally designed not to work on rentals.

It's worth noting, however, that the regular version of DeDRM will work on other people's purchased Kindle ebooks. If you have a friend who has more money than sense and loves them some Kindle books, you can copy all of theirs, if you can get hold of their device for an hour or two.
>>
>>54530082

I forgot to mention: if you're in college, your school might offer Overdrive-based lending just like public libraries do. My shitty community college did.
>>
>>54528652
Just google "Bookname + EPUB"
>>
>>54530127

I'll take "how to get malware" for 500, Alex.
>>
>>54528652
>he doesn't use noscript
>>
>>54528729
I used hunt around usenet and google to find them. IRC is so much better. Has nearly everything in multiple formats(mobi, epub, pdf).
>>
>>54530155
oops that was meant for
>>54530141
>>
Learn English, fucktard.
>>
>>54528652
>torrents don't really work
wat?? you mean you're too lazy/inempt to find a decent tracker.
>>
>>54530221

Honestly, he's right. Torrents are a lousy fit for ebooks. Partly because the filesizes are so small that torrents aren't really necessary, and partly because the variation in filesize is so radical that ratio-based trackers are a completely broken approach.

Consider a 41KB ePub, next to a 20MB PDF. On a ratio-based BitTorrent tracker, how do you reconcile that?

You don't.
>>
>>54528694
I usually just go in Barnes and Noble and read the first few pages of books to see if I want to pirate them on my kindle or not. You can just go in and read them completely, this is good for some books that have limited readability
>>
>>54528694

You know, if you had a camera with a high enough framerate and one hell of an OCR algorithm, that could actually be doable. I doubt you could ever do it with a smartphone, though.

I always wondered if we'd ever see a very fine version of ground-penetrating radar designed to read the ink on the pages while the book is closed. That'd be the holy grail of book scanning.
>>
What are Libraries?
>>
I just follow ebook.farm and all of their shenanigans around the internet.
>>
>>54530512

Inefficient, artificially restricted, and obnoxious. Also requiring local residency for an account in most cases.
>>
Myanonamouse
Bitsnoop
>>
>>54528729
I though they moved from undernet to irchighway?
>>
File: 1433434767772.png (39 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1433434767772.png
39 KB, 217x225
>>54528652
>is there any good way to search for specific books? some site or something I don't know about?

BOOKZZ.ORG
>>
>>54528652
Use #bookz for fuck sake.
>>
File: 1453062470064.png (39 KB, 1065x177) Image search: [Google]
1453062470064.png
39 KB, 1065x177
>Not pirating real books
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.