[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows 7 vs Ubuntu. What is the better ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: ubuntu-vs-win.png (119 KB, 422x241) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu-vs-win.png
119 KB, 422x241
Windows 7 vs Ubuntu.
What is the better ?
>>
>vs threads

Are you 12 years old or do you just have the mind of a 12 year old?
>>
>>54524840
the better question mark is the riddler
>>
>>54524840
Windows 7 is better than ubuntu.

I cuck windows 7 inside a VM though
>>
You have to be 18+ to browse 4chan.
>>
>>54525021
fuck you you're not my real dad
>>
>windows 7
>a worse version of vista
>came out seven fucking years ago
>shit
>>
ubuntu because ubuntu isn't going to be unsupported in the next couple of years. Forks though,unity is god awful.
>>
>>54525465
Windows 7 came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7 and it came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7 and it came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7 and it came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7 and it came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7 and it came out seven years ago and it's call Windows 7
>>
>>54525493
Here's your (You)
>>
File: Tux.png (12 KB, 265x314) Image search: [Google]
Tux.png
12 KB, 265x314
>>54525513
I know Linux is better than Windows
I just talk about Windows
>>
>>54525487
This
>>
>>54524840
Ubuntu because Linux Mint cums from Ubuntu
>>
Depends on what you want to do with it.
>>
>>54524840
Win7 master race repoting in.
Windows 7 succeed XP you fucking fag tards and all you who say vista is better can go fuck your selves. vista blew ass along with 8 and 10
>>
>>54524840
>Ubuntu.
linux is poo. case closed.
>>
>>54524840
If your not a muh games child then ubuntu is better. Use ubuntu gnome tho. It us the better gui.
>>
>>54524840
Windows 7 on virtualbox hosted on ubuntu
>>
>>54525465
How is 7 worse than vista?
>>
>>54524840
Your mom's vagina you stupid halfbrain idiot
>>
Install Ubuntu - everything just werks out of the box. Only things I changed was some tweaking stuff - which I can do under Linux whereas it would be a nightmare in Windows.

Install Windows 7 - find drivers for graphics card and lan since they weren't included. Spend hours 'searching for updates'. Finally finishes searching/downloading updates - won't install updates.
Go on to install the C++ redistributeables for that game which was my reason to install Win7 in the first place. And yeah, gets stuck installing that too...

No doubt in my mind Ubuntu is superior.
To be fair though, Ubuntu is new whereas Win7 is old.
>>
>>54525465
>7 worse than vista
how you're nostalgia glasses making nothing working properly look?
>>
>>54524840
Install Fedora, better than amazon's cuck botnet shtbuntu
>>
>>54528484
How do you get stuck installing c++. Also you description of tweaking gnoo leenoox is way too brief. Took me hours to make it look decent. Typing repositories in terminal waiting for downloads and shit. So yeah fuck you
>>
>>54528552
>How do you get stuck installing c++.
Ask Microsoft...

>Also you description of tweaking gnoo leenoox is way too brief.
Small things here and there... most so minor I forgot already. Something annoys me/behaves different than I prefer in Linux -> fix it.

>Took me hours to make it look decent.
rice4life. Pick a decent DE to begin with.

>Typing repositories in terminal waiting for downloads and shit.
You mean like going to a website and download an exe? Moot point really. Both need some aftermarket tuning if you need extra tools. But let's not forget in *buntu/most distros most tools you need come in the bundle preinstalled.

>So yeah fuck you
Nice comeback kiddo... if that is your level then no wonder you have problems...
>>
>>54528472
Fuck you
>>
>>54525487
Unity's not too bad on smaller screens, surprisingly. It is too heavy for my smaller-screen device though, so that sucks
>>
>>54528533
Only the cuckest of the cucks install fedora
>>
>>54525465
>a worse version of vista
Take your rose-colored nostalgia glasses off there, Vista was a pile of goat shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.