[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
how did you guys make it through university?
i started at the age of 19 with information science / media informatics.
had no motivation at all didnt go there often / at all.
started different majors because i was taking too long and couldnt finish the first ones.
now i am 24 starting information science and it is pretty much my last shot because i have high student loans.
I like computer science and cant imagine not sitting infront of a computer for my 9to5 in the future. i just seem to lack the motivation to go through with it and go to university every day for the next 3 years. How did you guys manage?
>>
Do something you like, not something you think will make money. Money is a meme, as long as you have enough to sustain yourself
>>
>>54518189
>cant imagine not sitting infront of a computer for my 9to5 in the future
>lack the motivation to go through with it and go to university every day for the next 3 years
>Discrepancy detected
You're talking about computer work for the rest of your life and you aren't even willing to do three years?

It's too easy just to say that I sat down and just did it. That isn't the whole story anyway as I had a rocky and, ultimately, unfulfilling time at University largely because I constantly procrastinated hence my grades plummeted as my course progressed. I did graduate but with a less-than-satisfying mark but only a hair's breadth above disgraceful.

I attended everything on the timetable. Everything: lectures, seminars (or, rather, where they gave answers to the worksheets), workshops (where they gave help for worksheets but I always used it as time allocated 100% to worksheets), labs, etc.
My attendance record was 97% overall and I have no idea why 3% was missing.

The way you manage is that you get yourself into a productive routine. Or, at least, that's what I'd advise myself if I could redo it.
Get your time, even your spare time, structured and a minimum set amount of hours doing uni work. Get ALL the books from the reading lists out of the library (I got shouted at right at the end of my course by one of the lecturers for only having taken out one book and otherwise relied on his lectures).

Make friends on your course as soon as possible: the later you leave it, the more you'll be viewed as an outsider (friend-group-wise) and the less help you'll get from other people.
I made the mistake of wanting to """ironman""" through my course friendless and, by the time I realised how helpful it was sitting down with other people and talking/working through problems... yeah.

I did a Particle Physics degree but it should be just as helpful. I'm out of time.
>>
>>54518674
>The way you manage is that you get yourself into a productive routine.
That's it. I'm the laziest motherfucker on this planet but routine is all you need. The first few weeks are hard but then it's getting easier
>>
>>54518189
>>>/adv/
>>>/b/

not technology related
>>
>>54518189
First of all, adderall. Second of all adderall.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.