[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers /id-2517440/samsung-840-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: samsung-840-evo-msata-ssd.jpg (77 KB, 680x407) Image search: [Google]
samsung-840-evo-msata-ssd.jpg
77 KB, 680x407
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2517440/samsung-840-evo-msata-overheating.html

is there any way i can sue these mother fuckers? as soon as i plug my $4000 laptop into an external monitor the temps ramp up to 90 degrees C and its all because of this little fucker. my screen is constantly flashing right now and all i did was watch a little netflix in firefox.

the worst bit is they knew. they rushed out a patch in the middle of the life cycle hoping we wouldnt demand out money back en masse. and it paid off.

but unlucky for them i live in a country they dont own like their own and isnt for sale like america. Australia has some of the harshest consumer protection laws in the world.

so what do you say /g/ ? do i have a chance at getting them to make this right? or will they just make me jump through hoops and throw confusing terms at my lawer like "possibility of outside factors" until he gives up?
>>
Pleb plebity pleb pleb buying plebian EVO when the PRO is the only choice. Stay poorfag.
>>
>>54512314
its just a stock photo. i wouldnt be having this problem if i bought the pleb version. of course i have the pro. i bought it in 2013 so the 850 wasnt out.
>>
>>54511866
Why don't you call their support and find out retard
>>
>>54512426
i want to know if anyone else has this problem and solved it. i know its either out or almost out of warrenty by now... they knew it would overheat but sold it anyway because they could
>>
>>54511866
>samsung
>>
>>54512573
Why don't you just troubleshoot it first. Find out whether it's your laptop giving of the heat, graphics dieing, display ect. I doubt your screen would flash from a storage problem.
>>
>>54511866
My Transcend runs at 18ÂșC kek
>>
>>54512722
That's because you have stupidly low ambient temperatures. If it's 10c in my room would you be shocked if my CPU idled at 15c? No of course not.
>>
>>54511866
>Best solution is to buy a cooling pad
Wow, these guys give great advice!
>>
>>54512771
It's 20C here, currently.
>>
>>54512809
20c is fairly cool ambient temp. I keep my room around 25c.
>>
>>54512838
Hence, that samshit SSD is shit, because it goes to 90C kek
>>
>>54512838
I won't disagree with that, but it's not like your tanscende is doing anything fancy it's just working as expected.
>>
>>54512722
>>54512838
Are you saying that your SSD is running below ambient temperatures? Is your PC in a fridge? If not, then that is physically impossible.
>>
>>54512893
Taking into account my computer is made of magnesium, it's totally possible. The metal dissipates the heat.
>>
>>54511866
>patch
>updating something that's jest wirking
You brought this on yourself desu.
>>
>>54512912
lol I don't think you get how this works
>>
>>54511866
I actually have one of those. A 1TB Samsung 840 EVO mSATA in my >$2000 ThinkPad W530.
Right now it's running at 55C.
Might be for other reasons, I should restart and see if it evens out.
>>
>>54513103
>840 EVO
Actually 850 EVO. Bought it last year during Black Friday for $300 because I knew mSATA was on its way out the door, and I wasn't expecting the price to drop any more than that.
>>
>>54512912
No, you muppet. You cannot cool something to below ambient temperature without some sort of heat pump.
>>
>>54511866
>buying EVO
>>
>>54511866
>get bad sample
>ignore it for several years when you can just get a new one for free
>generous warranty runs out
>somehow Samsung is to blame
Are you like a 40 year old mom who don't too good with computa?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.