[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jew phone manufacturers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Xperia-Z3.jpg (708 KB, 4221x4221) Image search: [Google]
Xperia-Z3.jpg
708 KB, 4221x4221
It is pretty much sure that phone manufacturers today design their devices so they become slower and more troublesome to use after ~2 years. Is it because of hardware itself or do some proprietary software have something to do with it as well? Would getting rid of most gapps increase my phone's life. I have recently bought an Xperia Z3 and I don't want to be a good goy that will buy a new phone in two years, I want to be able to read ebooks, browse the internet and watch youtube for as long as possible.
>>
Do smartphones without bloatware even exist?
>>
>>54508876
I don't think so, but I can just root the phone and get rid of it. Question is, will it increase the phone's lifespan?
>>
>>54508849
Congratulations my Goy friend!

You just did a breakthrough in your life and acknowledged the existence of "planned obsolescence" which has been a business model of multiple companies manufacturing and designing consumer-grade electronics.

>I don't want to be a good goy that will buy a new phone in two years
Start buying used things. Android phones loose their market value like crazy.

https://www.fairphone.com/
>>
>>54508849

Sony is one of the few who actually suppirt their devices. They are quite short on bloatware too. You have Sony's 3 media apps (two of which are useful as fuck) and PSN stuff (which can be uninstalled).

The Z3 itself is two years old. And unless you bought the terrible Verizon version, it actually gets updates.

It should have an Android 6.0 update out now or damn soon.
>>
>>54508876
Nexus?

My Nexus 5 was really unbloated compared to my previous phones
>>
>>54508876
Nexus phone
Phones with cyanogen OS (Zuk, Wileyfox)
Motorola phones are also mostly bloat free
>>
>>54508876
Oneplus was great about that with the one but I don't know about the later phones.
>>
>>54508961
The closest you can get to no bloat smartphones is either iOS, once they give the option to disable stock apps. HTC Android 6.0 and above. Nexus phones, Windows Phones with more than 2GB's of RAM. BlackberryOS. And the Godly 'Press F to pay respects' MeeGo.

After Sony imploded in 2014, most of their bloat evaporated. Their flavor of Android is actually quite light. At least compared to LG, Samsung, and the Eastern companies.

And you can always get bloatfree with Cyanogen
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.