[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the school where I work has bought a bunch of pic related. >lenovo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: G50-45.jpg (223 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
G50-45.jpg
223 KB, 800x600
the school where I work has bought a bunch of pic related.
>lenovo g50
>windows 8.1
>2 gb of ram
I work on this piece of shit everyday. to open any program or file, to do anything, takes a lifetime.
>2016
>2 fucking gb of ram
loses internet connection every 30 minutes. eats my life slowly piece by piece. find myself waiting for frozen interfaces every few minutes.
staff is 100% women except me and nobody even see what the problems is as all they do is using email.
please help me make this piece of shit better or else ways to kill self
>>
>>54506053
>2gb of ram
what the fuck. Mine has 6 and the i5-5200u and its unbearably shit (its the G50-80, but same shit)
>wifi problems
Always fucking made me rage when i used it, along with the mushy keyboard and the 1366 15" screen. AFAIK there is no fix besides a new wifi card and maybe not even then.

Also dont forget about the fact that the shit HDDs they have like to die within 6 months.

Now its a backup laptop because i bought a T420 for 1/2 the price instead like i should have done in the 1st place. I dont think that this laptop can get better. On windows 10 it takes 10 seconds for the start menu to open so i have classic shell but thats it. Maybe get more ram, the entire bottom panel slides off after taking off 3 screws.

They STILL sell this abomination of a computer as the Ideapad 300 too.
>>
I wonder if I should consider installing a pirated copy of windows 7 on this piece of crap, would that allow me more control on how much ram it uses. this shit windows 8.1 is all in a language I don't really understand for the most part
>>
>>54506053
Install GNU/Linux. Preferably Arch.
>>
>>54506053
install funtoo
>>
I hope your sysadmin sees this and kicks you in the dick for even considering it.
>>
>>54506053
So WHY is it behaving slow? And don't just say 2GB of RAM because I'm using a laptop with 2GB of RAM on Win8.1 and run photoshop, browse with multiple tabs and everything else just fine. I can't play AAA games, but I don't expect to.
>>
>>54506736
there is NO sysadmin.
>>
>>54506938
no idea. maybe the hard disk? I use activinspire (similar to powerpoint), word, firefox, acrobat, nothing special. all these programs keep hanging for no reason
>>
Check the resource monitor. Is something eating up CPU time? Drive time? RAM space? Is there an overactive virus checker? Is there a backup program running that reverts all system changes to the initial save state? There's a lot of reasons why it could be running slow, but Win8.1 on 2GB of RAM isn't just it.
>>
>>54507126
i checked, none of that. i used sysnternals to check whatever runs at startup and all of that... it's like... just a shitty computer for some reason? funny thing all the other g50 are the same. none of them works in a proper way.
>>
>>54506053
buy another 2GB of ram and 120GB SSD.
install.
call it a day.
remember to take it back when they fire you.
>>
I have a Lenovo G580. it's alright I guess. I need to get a new laptop though because the Lenovo is kind of starting to slow down.

Work provided me with an HP elitebook though
>>
>>54506053
This isn't a problem on the Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
>>
>>54506053
Well last year was the last year of high school and we had been using shared Macbooks from 2007, which were 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD.

I had to deal with them for 7 years
>>
>>54506053
the problem is most likely the harddrive that causes the freezes unless you have 500 things open at once that eat away at the RAM

get an SSD if you can
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.