[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So when was the moment when you realized we are, right now, living
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: internet airstrike.jpg (276 KB, 900x2157) Image search: [Google]
internet airstrike.jpg
276 KB, 900x2157
So when was the moment when you realized we are, right now, living in the technological future we used to dream about?

>for me, it was when I was complaining about several GBs of data taking 10 minutes to transfer from a Euro friend
>it then hit me all of a sudden: we were sending an entire LIBRARY's worth of data across an entire OCEAN, and that it took 10 whole minutes was reason to COMPLAIN
>glorious future is here
>>
>>54505318
Sometime around 1994.
>>
File: Smartphones.jpg (96 KB, 1373x697) Image search: [Google]
Smartphones.jpg
96 KB, 1373x697
When I was a kid I was watching Star Trek.

Saw the tricorder. Told my family we'd have those one day, got told I was an idiot.

We have them now.
>>
Around 2008, when the iphone exploded and normies started flooding every nook and cranny of the internet.

I actively wish for an EMP blast from the sun to knock us back 70 years so I don't fucking have to listen to these shitstains sob about their injusticies or how their opinions are just as valuable as the educated because they were raised in a UR DA SPESHUL SNOWFLAK environment.
>>
>>54505367

Cell phones are tricorders, idiot.

You can't just whip out a cell phone and scan someones vital signs or the structural integrityc or a car, or how powerful a lightning storms output is.

And a tricorder isn't used to communicate.
>>
>>54505318
When I saw the World Trade center collapse on TV
>>
>>54505437
How is that the future?
>>
>>54505428
>idiot
>agrees with me in the first sentence
>>
>>54505638
he meant to say "aren't" you mong
>>
>>54505318
I dont want to live on this planet any longer
>>
>>54507229
You'd die if you lived anywhere else though
>>
>>54505517
It heralded the age of Islam.
>>
>>54505318
Where is our moonbase? Where is our faster-than-light drive? What happened to anti-gravity?
>>
File: besafe.jpg (123 KB, 779x451) Image search: [Google]
besafe.jpg
123 KB, 779x451
>>54505517
It's the start of the plot of Deus Ex.
>>
>all these great video games
>cell phones are just fantastic nowadays, internet on a fucking airplane!
>careers available for what used to be considered 'nerdy'

I am really glad to be alive in this day and age.
>>
>>54505318
Stopped giving a shit about tech some time around 2009, started paying attention again in 2016 and everything was different.
>>
>>54507962
You sound sarcastic.
>>
>>54505318
bring out the teleporters then we'll talk
>>
>>54512031
You're projecting your disagreement into non-vocal sentiment.
>>
>>54505318
when I my internet connection moved from 1mb/s to 10mb/s of download speed
>>
>>54507884
>>54512385
They got put on the back burner while we cooked up the planet-spanning information network that you can connect to anywhere with a tiny device, prosthetics that are practically as good as the old limbs, and drastic improvements on basic tools like lights, knives, and cameras. Among other things.

Give it time, we're at an inflection point technology-wise. We may yet see these in our future.
>>
>>54505428
>reading comprehension fail
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.