[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does almost every gaming laptop look like an autistic children's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 10406_big.png (467 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
10406_big.png
467 KB, 1000x1000
Why does almost every gaming laptop look like an autistic children's toy?
Yeah, I get that a large part of the market is spoiled rich kids who don't know anything about PCs,
but what about for professional contractors who have to travel pretty much 100% of their time for their careers?
Gigabyte seems to be the only brand that I know of that actually keeps their design on the down low, but I heard their reliability was questionable.
It's shocking how few options there are out there for professional looking laptops with a solid GPU.
>>
Because gaming is for autistic children
>>
>>54504875
Lelelele and shitposting isn't? Fucking kill yourself I bet your hobbies are even shittier
>>
>>54504915
kill yourself manfaggot
>>
>>54504915
man child detected
>>
>>54504875

says the faggot with tons of games on his phone
>>
>>54504875
Then what if your job requires extensive video or graphics editing? Or engineering drawing software?
You need a serious GPU to pull that shit off, and nothing outside of gaming laptops can handle it.
>>
>>54504859
what model is that?
>>
>>54504927
>>54504938
>can't even defend themselves
>resorts to calling someone a manchild
I knew you idiots we're never interesting
>>
>>54505006
>You need a serious GPU to pull that shit off, and nothing outside of gaming laptops can handle it.

A lot of business dells and thinkpads come with workstation-type mobile graphics cards

workstation graphics cards are not the same as gaming graphics cards. They typically cost more, though, so poorfag engineers and designers use gaming cards instead
>>
>>54504859
>It's shocking how few options there are out there for professional looking laptops with a solid GPU.
The fuck you're talking about nigger?
There is plenty of mobile workstation laptops out there, you just look like another kid who only know geforce and radeon cards.
>>
>>54505076
>>54505083
/Thread, OP is a retard or another gayming laptop kid.
>>
>>54505076
>workstation graphics cards are not the same as gaming graphics cards.

They typically are the same, aside from a few small differences.

Remember awhile back when you could take a consumer nVidia card and add a jumper, or remove a resistor or something, and it would identify and work as a workstation card?
>>
>>54505133
Yeah but without the ECC memory you would get tons of memory errors, artifacting, etc
Workstation cards need to be 100% reliable and drivers make sure of that, that's why you get better performance on cad software than games on them while gaming doesn't require perfect calculations.
>>
>>54505076
>>54505083
>>54505112
Mobile workstations are even more overpriced than gaming laptops.
The price to performance ratio is fucking ridiculous even compared to gaming laptops.
>>
>>54505133
They are often similar but without ECC memory and canonical openGL support.

Many CAD applications (SolidWorks in particular) will not unlock full hardware acceleration on a gaming card, only a workstation one.
>>
>>54504915
>>>54504875
>Lelelele and shitposting isn't? Fucking kill yourself I bet your hobbies are even shittier
Honestly, what are you expecting with a response like that? I doubt you talk to people like that irl, and you'll keep spreading the gamer stereotype
>>
File: 0512160002.jpg (2 MB, 4515x2540) Image search: [Google]
0512160002.jpg
2 MB, 4515x2540
If you turn the LEDs off nobody can tell it's a GAMING laptop
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 1024x592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 1024x592
The only thing that gives this things powerlevel away is the 17" display.
>>
>>
>>54505210
workstations do more than play gaymes
they need to be user serviceable
they need to be easy to service
excellent 5 year onsite and accidental damage warranties
mandatory support for a variety of standards (VGA, fingerprints, smartcards, Ethernet)
support for Workstation GPUs (better OpenCL and FP64 performance)
be actually durable
not to mention the motherboard probably also supports business-end crap like BIOS passwords that are persistent throughout total power loss.
surprise surprise, those features cost more
>>
>>54505393
Everyone can tell its a gaming laptop because it's not a nondescript black box.

Alienwares et al. all look edgy as shit and you know this.
>>
>>54504859
>Why does almost every gaming laptop look like an autistic children's toy?
You should get a three day ban for this idiotic thread.
>>
gaming on laptop is retarded ergo all gaming laptops look retarded.
>>
Just get a fucking Clevo, how hard is it to research this shit on your own, OP?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.