[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Linux audio question I'm having issues with audio skips/blips/faggotry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: mpd_logo.png (27 KB, 359x156) Image search: [Google]
mpd_logo.png
27 KB, 359x156
Linux audio question

I'm having issues with audio skips/blips/faggotry using mpd with alsa. How the fuck do I get mpd to work with jack? I compiled it with jack support and changed audio_output to Jack but there's no sound and the logs say it failed to connect to the jack server, despite the fact that I started the server with qjackctl and everything else works fine (but everything else is not connecting directly to Jack, rather to alsa which then connects to Jack)

I have googled my error message for hours and found nothing. The manpages just say "yea set your audio_output to Jack, you'll be golden". The fack guys.

I'm at the point I'm going to try pulseaudio but really don't want to after all the faggotry I read about it
>>
>>54504540
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Music_Player_Daemon
look here?l
>>
>>54504553
That doesn't discuss Jack at all. I should mention I never had issues with alsa and mpd until I got a usb dac (focusrite 2i2). Now it skips a few times every song for a fraction of a second.

No idea how to fix this, but I hear Jack has real-time priority which seems like a good place to start. If only mpd wouldn't be a fuckin bitch and connect to my jack server. And if only there were more documentation for this online
>>
>>54504617
well, the linux audio backend isn't a widely discussed topic here.

I'm not saying that you should do this, but I got pulseaudio working alright after following that guide in the link with messing with an option or two.
I don't know jack about JACK though.
>>
>>54504540
I use pulse, never had problems.. ever
>>
>>54504741
Do you use mpd and a usb dac?
>>
>>54504815
>usb dac
cruising for a bruising.
that said, pavucontrol lets you control multiple audio outs with relative ease. if you get frustrated enough you could try.
>>
>>54504686
Do you use mpd and a usb dac with pulse audio? That is the only time that I've noticed an issue with alsa, when using my onboard sound card everything worked fine
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.