[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>continue reading why do web coders do this? what does it meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
>continue reading

why do web coders do this? what does it meme?
>>
Clearly they don't want you to have to waste the energy of scrolling all the way past a full article to get to the ads and clickbait at the bottom of the page.
>>
website view time and ad-view time, then when you do click it takes you to the actual article url which is more webpage views and ad views
>>
>>54503698
Are you sure about that? Most of the time I have see this it just reveals the rest of the article that was hidden but already loaded. Never need it actually cause a page load or change the URL.
>>
they do it to track ````engagement````
>>
>>54503717
just a guess, i dont bother with sites that have popups halfway through what im reading, or stupid annoying shit like "continue reading"
>>
It tracks who's really interested in reading it vs. who just skims the headline.
>>
They do it to get your fingerprint when you touch it with your hand to scroll down.
>>
>>54503723
>>54503740
This makes sense
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.