[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /g/, I am officially at the end of my rope here. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1455084865982.jpg (100 KB, 960x740) Image search: [Google]
1455084865982.jpg
100 KB, 960x740
Alright /g/, I am officially at the end of my rope here. I've searched and tried a million things, so I come to you for help. My Gaylaxy Note 4 has managed to fuck up hardcore. The fingprint lock stopped functioning and it goes directly to backup password screen. The thing is, my backup password, which I know is right, wont work either. I've tried rebooting, safe mode, clearing cache, everything man. I have even tried android device manager, and the screen successfully locks and all, but I cant type in the ADM passcode I set, theres no box to, only the lock for unknown reasons. When I click home on this, the keyboard opens, but only on the official backup password page. I dont have USB debugging enabled as well and never registered for a samsung account. I talked to my carrier and Samsung, both said hard reset. What the fuck do I do besides that anons?
>>
bump for help
>>
>>54501819
Did they rescue the dog?

Oh and yeah you're fucked, next time do backups of your shit.
>>
>>54502197
I would imagine so. But seriously? Is that really the only option? I have so much unbacked up shit, I was going to, I didnt think id need it this fast though.
>>
>>54501819
Can't you just repeatedly fail the password and sign in with your google account instead?
>>
>>54502243
Sorry, I just woke up and realized there might be a way by using fastboot.

However, it requires you to be rooted, so if you're not already you're mostly fucked.
Here's how:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1409304

If you're unable to use fastboot and adb, you can do a reset and recover the files later, or try this >>54502308
>>
>>54502308
Using a Note 4, no passcode lock, so no and roots a no since AT&T is a locked bootloader
>>
>>54502345
No pattern lock is what I meant
>>
>>54502345
> att locked bootloader
I feel you man.
Have you tried taking the battery out for like 30 minutes then trying?
>>
>>54502345
Then you'll have to reset.

There are some file recover programs you can use from companies like EaseUS to recover your files after you've had your reset done.
>>
>>54502371
My files are just about all I care about, could EaseUs recover all of them after a reboot or only some?
>>54502370
I did for like 20 my dude, tfw
>>
>>54502389
Maybe replace the fingerprint scanner? I have an S4 so I've never had that problem along with weekly backups on external SD and Dropbox using titanium backup
>>
>>54502410
Its a software prob, not hardware sadly, baka
>>
File: 1378122882598.gif (860 KB, 600x313) Image search: [Google]
1378122882598.gif
860 KB, 600x313
FUCK OP!
What happened to the dog?!

How did it get there?
Was it saved? How?
Are there images or videos of the rescue?
>>
>>54502754
It was saved, fear not, there was an article on it
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>54502863
>there was an article on it
WHERE?!
>>
>>54502863
Thank God. How the fuck did it get down there
>>
>>54501819
Have you considered installing gentoo?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.