[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys shit on startups when many jobs are pointless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Why do you guys shit on startups when many jobs are pointless kill yourself tier? Who could possibly wake up in the morning to work for 40 hours a week as one of hundreds of programmers on the Microsoft OneNote Tickbox Team?

Aren't operating systems basically a solved problem? Why do we need 50? Who gives a shit whether the taskbar is 150 pixels instead of 145?
>>
>>54496575
Because startups often pretend they have a noble mission (which is really to make money for the founders), while demanding the sweat and blood of the hapless employees.

Quite happy to do a 9-5 making enterprise software thanks. It's possible to take pride in doing your best regardless of the job.
>>
first of all, onenote is the shit and using it will change your life
>>
>>54496575
>Who could possibly wake up in the morning to work for 40 hours a week as one of hundreds of programmers on the Microsoft OneNote Tickbox Team?

Someone that works to live rather than living to work
>>
>>54496575
You think these people have jobs, anon?

You're reading the commentary of a bunch of kids who haven't entered the workforce yet. They still think they're going to be rock stars.

There's nothing wrong with working for a startup.
>>
Any work exp is learning exp

I've worked at a bank, finance, energy, consulting in around 8 years with different roles and now I can do whatever I want (dont want to work for anyone else, ever)

Just throwing it in, absorbing company culture and dynamics is positive so long it's really what you want and your personal motivation to perform

Any job isn't inherently bad in itself

Be yourself
>>
>>54496575
>work for a startup
>place is awesome
>because you aren't supposed to leave
>say goodbye to regular work schedules
>say hello to crunchtimes, forever shifting deadlines and schedules, complete lack of planning, sudden changes to entire codebase because lead dev had a dream, total lack of job security, contract that borders on illegal, all while smiling and acting like you are the real noble heroes out of the rat race.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.