[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting rid of some comps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So My company is getting rid of 10 or so computers and being the IT manager (somehow?). Boss tells me to do with them what I want as long as I wipe the data.
> What is the best option to wipe the data but keep the OS
> Then should i sell them as parts or as whole
> or is there something more profitable to do with them.

They are mostly older Dell towers made for basic business
>>
>>54495430
>wipe the data but keep the OS
why
>>
>>54495442
dont really feel like re installing it
>>
>>54495430

Donate them to a school or charity.
>>
>>54495442
or would it just be better just to wipe them completly I am not sure that is why I am asking
>>
>>54495473
i am donating a few of them but they do not need all
>>
>>54495457
are you a small business?
if not, you should definitely fucking have an imaging solution that makes a machine from zero to usable in 1h.

wds, mdt, sccm, altiris even fucking ghost will suffice, just anything. the last thing I'd want when taking over an old machine is someone's residue.
>>
>>54495430
If it's windows, you need to log in as admin and delete all the other profiles that are on the machines. Hopefully though, you have a PXE server set up to image them so just reimage them.
>>
>>54495430
Just clean them and sell them.
>>
>>54497752
you're extremely fucking naive if you think that deleted files aren't easily recoverable
>>
>>54497773
Not the same guy
Cipher
>>
>>54495430
Wipe one and reinstall the os, create an image and use it on the others.
>>
Install GNU
>>
>>54495430
Seek help for hoarding problems.
>>
>>54495430
wipe the data, sell them. simple.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.