[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck do all Software engineering jobs require a CS degree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1462013681300.jpg (28 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1462013681300.jpg
28 KB, 640x640
Why the fuck do all Software engineering jobs require a CS degree not a fucking Software eng degree?
>>
>>54492900
because software engineering degrees are babby CS degrees
>>
>>54492906
>babby
How?
>>
>>54492900

Uh, they don't?

Where and what are you applying to?

Literally the only discipline I've seen where companies are more restrictive is working with 'Big Company, Big Data', and then the CS degree is secondary, Stats or math preferred.

Any development job is more apt to hire SE or CIS unless you're working in the valley or something and applying for positions that are algo heavy, like shit at Google
>>
>>54492900
They don't. If it only lists comp sci that's because HR is retarded, they will interview a software engineering degree too just apply.
>>
>>54492906
and CS degrees are math babby math degrees
>>
>>54496536
>thinking math is useful outside of the classroom
>>
>>54496794
>thinking that on a math degree you are just learning to solve equations
are you one those idiots that enrolled for CS to become game developers?
>>
>>54496861
>he doesn't want to be part of creating a game that will be engrained on the youths culture

Were you too ""mature"" as a kid to ever play videogames? Did you always denounce them as childish at the age of 6?
>>
>>54496917
that is not what I meant; read again what I wrote retard
>>
>>54496407
This, just apply anyways, your degree overlapped with at least 50% of the CS degree offered.
>>
>>54496945
And I called you a degenerate obsessed with the idea of being mature that you think a cs degree for game development is somehow not valued
>>
If i go for comp eng with a math minor, will I have any problems with coding jobs?

My goal is eventually spaceships but lets start small
>>
>>54496979
besides programming languages, algorithms and perhaps an intro to AI you aren't getting much over any other stem degree (that most probably includes an intro to programming and neccessary math for doing pretty much anything)
if you have a course list that invalidates that please tell me but that is what I have seen
>>
File: 1458501806593.png (399 KB, 632x414) Image search: [Google]
1458501806593.png
399 KB, 632x414
>>54497140
>besides the entire core requirements for cs you arent really getting anything different from another stem degree

If you could never reply to me again that'd be nice
>>
>>54497171
>programming languages, algorithms and perhaps an intro to AI
>entire core requirements
as expected from a meme degree
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.