[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>home theater receiver thread does /g/ into receivers? what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
>home theater receiver thread

does /g/ into receivers? what are the meme receivers to have for 2016? i know nothing about them but my roommate is moving out and taking his receiver with him so i need to get one fairly soon. if nobody answers i'm basing this off all those fake amazon reviews

7.1 vs 5.1? brand of choice? mandatory features?
>>
apparently /g/ doesn't into receivers
>>
Take the "cheapest" receiver that has the features you need, no need for unknown brands, just the cheapest model of a good brand. Yamaha is good. The higher end stuff, audiophile crap, is placebo. A very niche segment with fat profits.
>>
>>54486238
Avoid sound processing, go with the cheapest that has enough power for your speakers, and that has HDMI, it's much better to do DSP's on your PC
Older models are great too, as long as they can take LPCM over HDMI
Also, Dolby Atmos is literally a meme

Oh, and if you don't need more than 2 channels go with a nice vintage receiver
>>
Denon makes some of the best receivers out there. Make sure that what you're buying or using can be set to use whatever the source signal is for audio.

7.1 is great if you have the room for it, but it's really only good for home theater paired with blu-ray. Do not do 7.1 if you are going to stream all of your movies because I don't know of any service that offers anything higher than 5.1.

Generally, you're going to want to buy a receiver specifically tailored to what your needs are. Figure out the speakers you want to use first and then look into a receiver that is going to work well with them.

I use a Denon 7.2 receiver, although I only have 1 subwoofer right now.
>>
>>54487950

I have a 15 year old Denon receiver that still works flawlessly. Love it.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.