[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there motherboards really good? do they really increase a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 20151117152140_big.png (218 KB, 1000x733) Image search: [Google]
20151117152140_big.png
218 KB, 1000x733
Are there motherboards really good?
do they really increase a videogame performance?
>>
Don't know if they increase performance but I've used Gigabyte for years and the only problem I've ever had was when one of the boards BIOS was corrupted. It had the dual BIOS feature though so it was fine.
>>
>>54485184
*their

-hail hitler-
>>
>>54485261
>dual bios feature
>only single bios works anyway
Kek gigabyte. You cant make this up.
>>
I've used the cheapest MSI motherboards since forever because they always provide the cheapest and I've had no issues. My check list is pretty much just
>is it cheap?
>cpu socket matches?
>ram matches?
>does it have the ports/expansion slots I need?
>>
>>54485296

Well they both worked in the beginning. Don't really know what caused it. Haven't even bother trying to flash it since I can just flip a switch and have it work again. Had other dual bios boards from them and never had a problem though.
>>
File: 1462918806778.jpg (169 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1462918806778.jpg
169 KB, 960x960
Reminder that /g/ doesn't have enough money to spend on a competent pc build, thats why they use linux on a toaster. This guys gets it >>54485311
>>
>>54485184
>Are their motherboards really good?
They're pretty good, yeah, they have some nice features (QFlash, Dual BIOS)

>do they really increase a videogame performance?
No.
>>
>>54485261
i had this problem with my gigabyte mobo, but after a while it stopped doing it
>>
>>54485272
*heil
>>
>>54485311
The thing is that these g1 claim to improve the lag problem with the killer ethernet and to have improved system sound.
>>
>>54485414
so these are just for show off. Not even the thermal solution in the mobo is good to keep your temps low??
>>
>>54485184
No they are way overpriced and look like a clown.
>>
>>54485184
Mirror's Edge Edition
>>
>>54485634
Top fucking retard.
Do you have top of the line connection? Do you have top of the line audiophile shit?
No? You won't notice any difference.
>>
>>54485634
>The thing is that these g1 claim to improve the lag problem with the killer ethernet and to have improved system sound.
Hol' up, pham
>killer ethernet
>good
That's your first mistake. Killer uses Realtek 8111G NICs, which sucks dick compared to Intel i210s, they just put their own shitty, unproven drivers on it and sell it at a mark up. Their drivers are not only gimmicks, but they often perform worse than regular Realtek drivers.
>improved system sound
You did it again. You fell for the buzzwords.
The best audio solution is an external one. Buy an external DAC. Or, just live with a decent integrated sound system on a $100 motherboard. Only the real cheap stuff on H110, H81, B150, and AM1 motherboards have genuinely bad audio controllers.
>>
>>54485184
No.
>>
>>54485184
Aside from more features the higher end boards will have better VRMs for overclocking.
>>
File: 084082408024.png (57 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
084082408024.png
57 KB, 198x198
>thunderbolt
dead in the water
>usb 3.1
dead in the water
>>
>>8064984

If you intend to overclock the cpu or gpu it helps to have a mobo with decent power phases for the north and south bridge, and decent VRM cooling.

Also if you ever want to sli or xfire yoy probably want a capable mobo.

Otherwise, its really just whatever is compatible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.