[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the safest way to transport a desktop tower via plane?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: desktop tower.jpg (12 KB, 302x397) Image search: [Google]
desktop tower.jpg
12 KB, 302x397
What's the safest way to transport a desktop tower via plane?
>>
>>54478125
Cabin baggage
>>
>>54478125
Ship that shit to your destination in a custom built crate
>>
Don't tell me you're bringing your GAYMEN PC to your holidays
>>
>>54478125
Pull the mechanical disks (carry them with you) and ship it somewhere.

If you have a big floppy GPU maybe remove that and box and ship separately
>>
>>54478157
Maybe this + disassembling
>>
>>54478162
>>54478175
>>54478195
I would take out hard drive and graphics card but I don't have the original boxes with me. Fuck knows if the local post office would have boxes and material to accommodate for muh PC
>>
>>54478125
And here we have a sad sad man taking his toy with him on vacation with mummy and daddy.
>>
>>54478244
fedex / UPS will box things for you, but they don't have anti-static bags
>>
>>54478519
I'm 19 so yes it makes sense I'm staying with my family and bringing my PC for summer classes
>>
I took my HDDs out, wrapped the case in five or six layers of bubble wrap and shipped it fedex. Arrived completely intact and working.
>>
>>54478731
>>54478731
>>>54478519
>I'm 19 so yes it makes sense I'm staying with my family and bringing my PC for summer classes
>I'm 19
>19

Lmao go outside you fucking dweeb
>>
>>54478125
>safe
Hire someone to pack and ship each part individually and pay for insurance.
>>
Box + tons of bubblewrap
>>
>>54478125
>i still have that prebuilt HP p6000 sitting in my closet
>>
Pelican case, no tsa locks, they always cut mine for some reason.

I use double zip ties and place more on the top of the computer for them to re zip tie it themselves. Leave the side panel open for them to inspect the inside of the computer.

It's dumb, but tsa is weird about inspections.

Source: had to do this shit easily a hundred times now, they once held me up because they couldn't look inside the tower
>>
Put it in a crate with a flare gun and declare the flare gun a firearm to be transported with you. It's what photographers do to ensure their ridiculously expensive lenses dont get lost or damaged.
>>
>>54478731
Come on laptops exist for this reason.
>>
>>54478175
Also add the CPU cooler to the list if you've got a big Noctua or similarly sized 1kg+ monstrosity in there.

>>54478731
Should've built an ITX system into a case like the ML08B or similar, then you could just carry it along in a backpack and it's maybe two laptops in size.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.