[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHITTY FUCKING WEB DEVELOPERS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: wake me up.jpg (406 KB, 1280x1556) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.jpg
406 KB, 1280x1556
>online form asks for phone number
>requires it be in ###-###-#### format
>including the hyphens
>field has a hard-coded maximum input length of 10 characters
>can't submit or go on to next form unless you fill in all required fields on this one
>can't "fill in all required fields on this one" until the phone number field is correctly filled out
>mfw I literally cannot complete the field

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

How the fuck does this even slip through QA? And it's for online summer course registration at a college; you'd think enough people would've tried and failed for them to realize that something is seriously borked.
>>
>>54477984
>QA

I take it you don't have a job as a professional web developer, do you.
>>
>>54477984
>inb4 the checks are done in JS
>he can't even fix the erroneous client side code he runs
you deserve not being able to complete the form.
>>
>>54478004
This so fucking much.

We beg and plead for more QA. Give us the time to write unit tests for the back end code, integration tests for the front end, and maybe even hire a QA guy to help automate some of that shit. But what do we get? "Nope, and push out the next project a week ahead of schedule regardless of code quality or shortcomings. We want to look good for a new prospect"

I love my job, but fucking hell it's a joke as it comes to actual development.
>>
>>54478004

nah, I don't do webdev but you can't seriously expect me to believe that even the most BASIC QA wouldn't have caught this, do you?

I work on a team at vmware but even a 10 year old with no CS experience at all would tell you there's a problem here after a few tries.
>>
File: Jfv6F2r.png (109 KB, 946x576) Image search: [Google]
Jfv6F2r.png
109 KB, 946x576
IDK
>>
>>54478012
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!
>>
>>54478030
I feel you man. Ended up writing my own testing framework for front end js , in my own time
>>
>>54478047
In my company, basic QA is:
> write the steps you already know work in order to perform an integration test, as youve had to go through the steps yourself anyway
> wait a couple hours for them to follow it
> get told it's passed (obviously)
> push live
QA is a meme m8
>>
>>54477984
>submitting online form
>sneaky fucks put "accept terms" and "sign up for newsletter" on the same checkbox
>submit button disabled until checked
>inspect the button with chrome
>button has a generic fucking ID with "-deactivated" adhered to the end
>remove "-deactivated"
>button enables
>submit form without accepting terms and signing up newsletter

Satan only knows what kind of security hell most websites have with that kind of retardation being implemented.
>>
>>54478477
>implying we don't make it fucking easy to bypass that shit intentionally
I fucking hate sneaky shit like that and take great joy in knowing that I can make it obvious to disable. The developers who implement it aren't usually the ones who ask for it. We know it's shitty and hate it just as much.
>>
File: 1448559869722.jpg (167 KB, 620x564) Image search: [Google]
1448559869722.jpg
167 KB, 620x564
>>54477984
serves you right for
>using any site that requires a phone number
>willingly wanting to give a phone number to a site
>having a phone
>>
>>54478635

>woooooowwwww u actually exist in modern society OMG xDDDD
>>
File: 1441560928734.jpg (135 KB, 786x751) Image search: [Google]
1441560928734.jpg
135 KB, 786x751
>>54478674
>>
File: 1462700748906.png (798 KB, 996x868) Image search: [Google]
1462700748906.png
798 KB, 996x868
>>54478375
>>
>>54478375

there's no way this is true

no one can possibly have been this dumb. I want the site address so I can prove you just drew this up in an IDE and this doesn't actually exist somewhere on the web.
>>
>>54477984
>registering a business account on ebay
>the email we're temporarily using is at mail.com
>send the form
>taken to a page which suggests I typed the email in wrong, and offers to change it to gmail or yahoo (wtf)
>I select 'keep the same'
>send the form
>taken back to the original signup page
>it's cleared several fields and added some text to others
>I'm required to re-enter some things
>click send
>same shit happens again
>>
>>54478674
>you don't exist unless you carry a tracking device everywhere
Nice society you got there
>>
>>54479492
He said phone number not cellphone.

Even then it's up to you to carry it everywhere or keep it on.
>>
>>54479415
>want to bid on ebay
>most items with bid requires paypal account linked
>find the page for linking paypal and ebay
>redirects me to create new paypal account
>don't understand what the fucking is going on
>try 3 different browsers
>same shit
>find out the function has stopped working
>only way to link accounts is to contact ebay
fuck them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.