[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>concentrated >reading a web page >screen goes dark
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (471 KB, 1197x933) Image search: [Google]
file.png
471 KB, 1197x933
>concentrated
>reading a web page
>screen goes dark
>website is begging for my email using a popup
whoever does this, needs to kill himself.

Also, why isn't there a custom adblock list that blocks all these?
>>
>>54471927
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/behind_the_overlay/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/behindtheoverlay/ljipkdpcjbmhkdjjmbbaggebcednbbme?hl=en

they also work on shitty site blackouts and WSG/NTYT/etc's shitty "10 articles per month" banners
>>
File: 1460140591090.jpg (57 KB, 400x431) Image search: [Google]
1460140591090.jpg
57 KB, 400x431
>>54471969
thanks a lot
>>
>>54471969
fuck, it doesn't work on that website.. http://improvephotography.com/34818/iso-invariance/
>>
File: wut.png (31 KB, 776x143) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
31 KB, 776x143
what the fuck is this run-on abomination
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10_10-43-57.png (128 KB, 722x589) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10_10-43-57.png
128 KB, 722x589
>>54471927
>>54472106
>fuck, it doesn't work on that website.. http://improvephotography.com/34818/iso-invariance/
Tried this site with µBlock Origin and there's no pop-up after several minutes of lingering on the page. Just find that one third-party filter that does it. Here are all my activated filters:
>>
>>54474291
just did it with ublock and scrolled all the way to bottom then to top & it popped up
>>
>>54471927
>>
>>54474356
actually fucking lynch yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-10_10-51-06.png (124 KB, 619x316) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-10_10-51-06.png
124 KB, 619x316
>>54474304
>just did it with ublock and scrolled all the way to bottom then to top & it popped up
I just scrolled all the way to the bottom and back up several times as well – still nothing. Are you using µBlock or µBlock Origin? Origin is the official maintained fork, while the first one hasn't gotten feature updates since the original main developer opened the Origin fork. Pic Related:

EDIT: Whoops, it just popped up after I left it alone. Then again, you can always right click the overlay and "block element" for each site.
>>
>>54471927
I'm currently making one for multiple uses.
I told my boss they're extremely annoying and that I personally hate them with every inch of my being... he said he knows, but the clients want it as it brings in plenty of subscribers.

So... don't blame me, blame the fucktards who sign up for this shit. Also, I'll make sure you can easily block them with any ad blocker.
>>
As soon as i see this i tend to close the website.

I mean i spoke to a web developer about why they do this and he said its because banner ads arent catching attention, but this just makes me leave the website, not read it
>>
Adding this line to your custom rules will block it.
improvephotography.com##.cp-modal-every-design-container

Optionally you can also add this to block the script.
||improvephotography.com/wp-content/plugins/convertplug
>>
>>54471927
right click inspect element make new css rule with element display:none
>>
That's what NoScript is for, retard.
>>
Both ublock and adblock have nice click and block features but you have to do this for every website which is annoying. I suggest we create a modal database just like the ad blocker's ad database where we block and submit and people can benefit from it too. If we get it inside ublock / adblock to support this it would be perfect.
>>
My quick and easy way to remove them is to simply refresh the page and hit the cancel x button once the article loads, prevents the loading of images and any pop up shit like that before it comes up

Also yes I hate them too yet they are fantastic for marketing purposes, increases data gathering by a shit tonne
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.