[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm thinking of setting up a Xonotic server for everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1421482469359.png (518 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1421482469359.png
518 KB, 1000x1000
If I'm thinking of setting up a Xonotic server for everyone at /g/ to come play on and want to get Richard Stallman to record himself saying some of the announcer's lines (e.g. "triple kill," "blue flag taken," etc.) should I just ask nicely first and offer him freedoms-respecting cryptocurrency in a follow up email if he declines or should I put that in the first email?
>>
>>54468638
in the second email. if you ask nicley maybe he will do it. offer to pay him if he declines
>>
>>54468906
How many freedom coins should I offer, or should I cross that bridge when I get to it? Maybe set up a donation fund for people who'd play on it for it
>>
>>54468987
I'm not sure he will accept to be paid for that. Tell him you'll make a donation to the FSF
>>
>>54469010
That might be a better idea
Though he may suggest donating anyway
Perhaps promise a bigger donation if he agrees to voice for a freedom game
>>
>>54468987
how much are you willing to spend?>>54469010
offer to donate that
>>
I'm a giant cock ducking faggot, and I approve of this idea.
>>
>>54469085
Maybe a few hundred freedom-denying USD's worth
Maybe more if others would chip in
>>
>>54469168
im broke anon, but maybe a 200USD donation should suffice? im sure a few other freedom loving anons would chip in
>>
>>54469196
Let me see how many voice clips would be needed, and if I can get an email server set up so I can use an official address for this sort of thing
>>
>>54469223
id like to see this pan out, hopefully it gets off the ground. i dont know what Xonotic is but if its a game you think /g/ will like, it should get a hell of a logo
>>
>>54468638

Dont waste his time with your trivial games. You think an elder wizard such as himself will even acknowledge your pitiful offering of 200 USD? HA
>>
File: 1024px-Xonotic_icon.svg.png (519 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Xonotic_icon.svg.png
519 KB, 1024x1024
>>54469241
It has one
It's based off of Nexuiz, which uses the DarkPlaces engine, which was built off of the Quake engine
It's a shiny arena shooter and pretty fun
>>
He'll do it if you guarantee the sound files will be under a free license
>>
looking forward to a Xonotic /g/ server
>>
Guys, what would be the appropriate license for a sound fine?
>>
>>54469593
*file
>>
>>54469593
PD probably, especially so short as these recordings would be
>>
>>54469593
just use the same license rms uses for his own media clips (one of the creative commons ones)
>>
>>54469593
>>54469618
>>54470167
Since he'd the be one to record them, he'd hold the copyright to the recordings, so it should be up to him.
Xonotic is GPL, so he'd probably go with that or something compatible.
>>
>>54468638
post more anime
>>
>>54468638
Sauerbraten is better.
Xonotic has a shitty netcode.
Also, >>>/v/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.