[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is FireFox a piece of shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: AjDKv8Q.png (362 KB, 1022x581) Image search: [Google]
AjDKv8Q.png
362 KB, 1022x581
>frys home page
>distracted by phone call
>hear fans
>wtf???
>firefox has basically locked up computer
>force quit won't even respond
>cpu at 9,001% with fans producing actual lift
>how can this happen IT'S CURRENT YEAR
>hold power button, computer reboots
>launch activity monitor and ShitFox
>i have a trigger mouse finger bitch
>go back to frys
>see firefox spike >100% cpu
>starting to take all cores
>FORCE QUIT

Years ago I switched to FireFox because it was fast and efficient. Now it's pure shit, but I feel stuck because of some of the plugins. And because Laugh-fari won't work with a couple sites.

Also: the offending JavaScript is the fucking slider on the Fry's home page. Some fucking Pajeet took a shit in the street and from that poo came the code for a god damn image slider. Even in Safari it spikes the CPU way beyond what should be required, though nothing locks up.

At this rate if we continue to let fucking Pajeets code web sites we are going to need petaflop class processors just to browse the fucking web!
>>
How many fucking memes can you fit into a single post? God damn.
>>
I agree. Vivaldi is the only option nowadays.
>>
Why should atheists need to define atheism for you?
You never heard of a dictionary?
>>
>Javascript

There's your problem. Fuck javascript, fuck node.js, fuck the infinite number of js-based trakers and analytics and sharing bullshit, and especially fuck sites that REQUIRE it
>>
Buy a non shit computer
>>
>>54466100
dude, do you use ublocko? i just opened fry's webpage with firefox in my pentium4 and works without much problem.

you probably have adware
>>
>>54466154

JavaScript can be fast when used correctly. I would argue the problem is shit programmers who load a hundred libraries for tracking and analytics. Along with programmers who shouldn't be programming in the first place so they write the least efficient code possible for a task.

But a browser should never allow the js to lock up like that. Cap the CPU usage and terminate fucked up scripts.
>>
>>54466173
>core i7
>"shit"

>>54466175

AdBlock Plus with "friendly" advertising turned off.

No, I don't have adware. It's OS X and I've verified the js that's responsible for the spike. Though other browsers do not die, just spike more then they should.
>>
>>54466219
*cough* literally every framework/premade site

wordpress, boilerplate, bootstrap, etc jesus christ you can go to a site ctrl U it and see 50 fucking javascript libraries added in for no reason
>>
File: 1462229708512.jpg (80 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1462229708512.jpg
80 KB, 600x900
>>54466100
Install Vivaldi
>>
>>54466100
I really like your blog, have you considered using a tripcode? I would be so much easier tracking your blog posts if you had one. Cheers.
>>
Because you're obviously mentally retarded.
>>
>>54466154

>Internet

There's your problem. Let's just stare at background images and some hypertext, if we're lucky.
>>
stopped when i saw the image. kill yourself promptly.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.