[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/g/ is full of amazing coders, fluent in multiple programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: 1462803625482.jpg (5 KB, 252x161) Image search: [Google]
1462803625482.jpg
5 KB, 252x161
>/g/ is full of amazing coders, fluent in multiple programming languages
>I can't even use a command line, I have to use a GUI for everything
>>
File: Handsome_spongebob.png (349 KB, 600x629) Image search: [Google]
Handsome_spongebob.png
349 KB, 600x629
noone on /g/ is amazing.
>>
>>54461643
Well, kill yourself like you're suggesting on your pic or just learn how to use it if you really want to.
I usually search how to do certain stuff for curiosity alone and end up doing some great stuff.
>>
File: viper-03.jpg (44 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
viper-03.jpg
44 KB, 600x600
>>54461643
>>
>>54461643
pro tip: the command line is itself a GUI
>>
I got the cs meme degree. I made myself familiar with various languages and technologies. Can't program myself out of a paper bag.
>code artisan

Could be worse OP, 6 yrs and counting, still a NEET
>>
If you're self-aware enough to know that you don't know stuff then you're already ahead of most people here who think they're hackers and freedom fighters because they know how to install Ubuntu.
>>
>>54461643
C-like languages are basically the same
ML-like languages are basically the same
Lisp-like languages are basically the same

you know these you know everything pretty much
>>
>>54461643
Barely anyone on /g/ can code, and those that can struggle through free online python classes so they can brag about how they're l33t programmers here. Or they read half of the outdated k&r book and post about muh minimalist code. The rest of the board just argues specs and desktop riding. I guarantee of you start learning today, you'll already know more than half of /g/.

How to Design Programs:
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/matthias/HtDP2e/
>>
>>54461643
The terminal is not difficult at all. It's just scary because you're not used to it.
>>
>>54461691

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as suicide is in fact, mass murder/suicide, or as I've recently taken to calling it, mass murder plus suicide. Suicide is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning mass murder system made useful by the mass murder corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
>>
>>54461734
>Could be worse OP, 6 yrs and counting, still a NEET
Ive only been a n33t for about a year no friends no job

Cant handle it
>>
>>54461643
Like I said last time.
Just use Java with Netbeans, desu baka.

Its as easy as your crush at the club.
>>
>>54461729
now you're just killing me man
>>
File: leet.jpg (95 KB, 1770x655) Image search: [Google]
leet.jpg
95 KB, 1770x655
>>
/g/ isn't amazing,
but you're retarded
>>
Those are very different levels, if not just different things entirely. The GNU CLI is very easy to use and has helpful manuals built in, but I can't do more than a Hello World in C, and that's only a recent accomplishment.
>>
>implying all that is something to be proud about
just go out and live your life, do what makes you happy anon, run while you can
>>
>>54461856
Come on I'm sure you can make a program that counts each number up to your input.
>>

If that were true, /g/ would have been capable of at least organizing itself to make a fucking music player for Linux akin to Foobar, but a wee bit better in terms of customization.

But /g/ isn't.
What /g/ is however, is a backup board for /v/, as can be seen by the fact that /g/ makes threads about gaymer GPUs like the GeForce or Rx series GPUs, because they lack any financial or skill capability for proper GPUs like Quadro or FirePro.
>>
>>54461884
I HATE RUNNING

HOW CAN ANYBODY ENJOY IT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>54461903
I thought /g/ was a dreamy board for wasting time about on useless stuff like muh free software movement and normie tech support.
>>
>>54461917
just set your mobility scooter on max speed and flee anon
>>
File: gtg.jpg (269 KB, 960x1311) Image search: [Google]
gtg.jpg
269 KB, 960x1311
>>54461903
Oh shutup. /g/ has accomplished plenty. These logos and images didn't make themselves.
>>
>>54461643
/g/ is amazingly adept at making logos, but that's it.
>>
>>54461943
made on windows
>>
>>54461643
>>/g/ is full of amazing coders, fluent in multiple programming languages
kek
>>
>>54461943
>WE NEED A LOGO FIRST!
>LETS GO TO /gd/!

I shit you not, thats was tox. and even then, the threads were trolled for months after from people wanting revisions, and copyright fuckery.
>>
>>54461643

Just get curious. Try new stuff. Learn a simple programming language. Install some arbitrary Linux distribution.

We're all gonna make it, brah..
>>
You will never learn the command line if you never try. Also, /g/ kinda sucks at programming for the most part.
>>
J U S T
D O
I T

For real.
I learnt how to use GANOO by fucking up my Windows install trying to install it.

You don't become some l33t pro by reading a lot. You make the mistakes and learn from them.
>>
>>54462191
>Tripfag
Thanks for letting me filter you
>>
>>54461729
wouldnt the terminal be the GUI
>>
>>54462255
>being this affected by what people say online
kek you might as well start taking female hormones and wear girl clothes faggot
>>
>>54462348
Tripfags are always annoying fucks. Plus they defeat the purpose of an anonimoose Chinese throatsinging board
>>
>>54461643
The only thing this place can do is shitposting about graphic cards and discussing anime girl wallpapers
>>
>>54461775
Kek'd
>>
>>54461643
If you move the binary into your windows folder you don't have to specify the folder everytime you run a command.
>>
>>54462367
it's just 3-4 lines of text from an emotionally unstable attention desperate inferiority complexed retard anon, you care way too much about these things, I suggest a sex change operation to achieve the gender you really belong into
>>
>>54461775
Ayylahu lmaokbar
>>
>>54461643
op im with you. fuck the Command man.

c:/ipconfi/g/ my ass
#: rm morebullshit
$: sudo makedir fuckme

give me a damn icon to click and let the fun begin. fuck you and your terminal/shell fuckery

>dafuck is even a shell?
>>
>>54461771
Pretty much, but
>k&r is outdated

no
>>
>>54461643
I can't code for shit but it literally took me an hour or so to competently learn how to navigate my computer with the command line in Ubuntu

Just watch a YouTube video of the basics and copy what they do, it's easy peasy. I still use a gui for pretty much everything but it's cool to learn how your OS works under the hood
>>
>>54461643
hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahah thanks for making laugh anon.
>>
>>54461643
off yourself
>>
File: just simple keyboard shortcuts.jpg (91 KB, 780x550) Image search: [Google]
just simple keyboard shortcuts.jpg
91 KB, 780x550
>>
File: this is my life.gif (491 KB, 499x428) Image search: [Google]
this is my life.gif
491 KB, 499x428
>>54461643
>>
>>54461643
whats so wrong about using guis? dont you get your shit done as-well? its just a more normal way of doing stuff (some stuff is better done using a gui, other on the cli, would you use a gui just to ping an ip? would you use a cli to view the stats of a very large network configuration like a cloud shard?)
>>
File: scaredpepe.jpg (50 KB, 322x279) Image search: [Google]
scaredpepe.jpg
50 KB, 322x279
>>54461734
>Can't program myself out of a paper bag.

How did you get yourself into that situation?
>>
>>54462571
return = "fuck u";
>>
>>54462625
print "{$fuck['you']} !";
>>
>>54461780
I love it.

Had jobs and friends for years before. It fucking sucks, a lot of it.
>>
>>54462442
yea what's the difference between a terminal and shell

fuark
>>
>>54461643
exactly how do you feel you're being held back by not using a command line?

i use cmd/ems/powershell almost daily but only because i need to for some things, if i could use a GUI i would. so unless you're not able to do something because you can't use a command line, don't worry
>>
>>54462680

$fuck = 'fuck';
$you = 'you';

echo $fuck.$you;
>>
>>54462720
you forgot to add a space between the two words you genius
>>
>>54462703
>exactly how do you feel you're being held back by not using a command line?
i imagine there's a world of possibilities that i can't even know of so i wouldn't be able to articulate how i'm being held back
>>
>>54462720
echo $fuck." ".$you." fag";
>>
>>54462735
>between the two words
two variables m8
>>
We're not in the 70s, there no need to learn command line shit unless you have to do sysadmin stuff. I learned to make my first serious programs in Visual C++ around 1998-99, and always makes me laugh that people are still using the command line to compile their programs in 2016.
>>
dont worry anons soon AI bots will replace programmers as well.

bots programming bots woohoo!
>I think I seen this movie
>>
>>54462841
the add can be added at the end of fuck or the start of you

so w o r d
>>
>>54462946
i got my words wrong
>>
>>54462974
$fuck = 'fuck';
$space = " ";
$you = 'you';

echo $fuck.$space.$you;

>fuck your space
>>
>>54462305
The terminal EMULATOR is the GUI.
>>
>>54463127
i'm so damn confused now
>>
>>54463280
welcome to programming m8
>>
File: 1435962916583.jpg (8 KB, 239x241) Image search: [Google]
1435962916583.jpg
8 KB, 239x241
>>54462764
Unless you hit a roadblock with a gui that requires using a command line then you've got nothing to worry about

Sounds like you just wanna look cool or you think it'll make you smarter somehow, seriously what are you trying to achieve?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.