[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I downloaded the entire Gentoomen Library, where do I start on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I downloaded the entire Gentoomen Library, where do I start on my path to become a brogrammer?

Spoon feed me, sensei
>>
Nowhere. Those books suck ass. They're all >5 years old.
>>
Start with SICP
>>
>>54457276
The gentooman library is super out dated but still in some form relevant. Most people will just say read sicp but its outdated and pretty shit without the corresponding course.

A book on ruby is the better sicp, and imo the best place to start is with bluej, and thats java.

Oop and python should be your first goals, then mysql stuff, then whatever really
>>
>>54457282
What books would you recommend I check out, then?
>>
>>54457313
>Most people will just say read sicp but its outdated and pretty shit without the corresponding course.

He could use a modern language like Racket to do the problems. And the course is free online. He should do it
>>
>>54457343
>What books would you recommend I check out, then?

Modern ones.

There is some good books but the thing is that it's written for like C99 or much earlier versions of most languages. It's not updated to be relevant nowadays.

For example there's a lot of security books... But they're all from like 2004 and earlier. And thus rendered entirely useless other than just to read for nostalgia and to see how shit worked back then.
>>
>dl'ing viruses

K E J
>>
>>54457748
?
>>
>>54457748
use Gnu/Linux with disabled js in pdf reader

Also most of the books are very old and the torrent has been around for like a decade. Unless you're using the earliest version it's probably not vulnerable
>>
>>54457772
Dl'ed the one on the /g/ wiki, no idea what 54457748 is talking about
>>
>>54458002
It's a meme that the books in there are infected by malware
>>
>>54457412
>anything at all covered in a bachelors program will get old within less than 30 years
wut?
>>
>>54457276
oh cool, more shit to hoard and never read
>>
>>54458033
Ok maybe not SICP and stuff obviously but the Language-specific books are all outdated by a lot.

The security ones as i said are virtually useless because they're talking about shit from 2004

And a lot of others are simply from a prehistoric time.
>>
I'm surprised that no one's actually updated the Gentooman Library at this point despite the size of the undertaking.
>>
> 1gb per directory

You will never in your life even finish two of those folders kek.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.