[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AutoCad anyone use it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: AutoCAD.png (177 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
AutoCAD.png
177 KB, 512x512
I need to install autocad on a computer for a neighbor. She mostly does 2d. Which version should I pirate? Anyone know which one is current. Lurking torrent site comments as we speak trying to discern which isnt shit. Mostly worried that itll break after I give her the computer back as it seems they switched to a subscription plan.
>>
Depends what does she need if for? Work? Have her work pay for a license. So she will be using the same one as work. You will end up fucking shit up anyway.
>>
>>54454160

Not sure what kind of work she does. I doubt she works for a large company. I dont use it though so I am sifting through comments wondering which pirated version wont break in a month. Did this before about 8 or more years ago before windows 7 was out maybe longer. That version lasted till now but they want a new computer.
>>
>>54454160
Are you a white knight?
>>
>>54454494

No. Just trying to fix my neighbors shit. The wife uses autocad the husband only quicken but he has a legit copy.

Honeslty I usually dont do this but they remember me as tech support from a decade ago.

Should I ask diy? Someone has to actually do work with computers on 4chan.
>>
>>54454557
the worst way to ask for help is insulting people.

i was going to help you, now, fuck off.
>>
>>54454557
Just tell them to install LibreCAD or buy the original AutoCAD. Why you try to be a hero?
>>
>>54454625

Cause they are retarded and will ask me shit every day for the next year unless I get something installed stable. How fucked is librecad? Will she be able to transfer files between them without problem?
>>
>>54454160
>>54454557
>>54454662

Tell them to buy a used license for AutoCAD LT if they want to save money. AutoDesk does go after people if they find them using pirated copies.

Honestly, the software hasn't changed much for well over a decade. The only real reason to upgrade is that they rev the DWG format every three years to try and annoy people into upgrading.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.