[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steve Wozniak: walking billboard for hire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: Woz.jpg (72 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Woz.jpg
72 KB, 1024x683
https://www.techinasia.com/talk/steve-wozniak-walking-billboard-hire

>What was most apparent to me—and what I didn’t write in my article—is just how much of a sellout Steve Wozniak has become. He’s a serial endorser of products he knows almost nothing about, and he sells tickets to conferences that many attendants might not otherwise pay for.

>Wozniak hasn’t contributed in a meaningful way to any technological advancement in modern-day computers. In 2003, he started a hardware company for keeping track of lost items using GPS-enabled keychains. It shut down operations in 2006. In 2009, he took a post as Chief Scientist at Fusion-IO, a company that builds flash storage for large servers. The Register in 2012 reported that Wozniak’s actual contribution to Fusion IO’s tech was suspect:

>So why do we take this guy so seriously, again?

>Just in the last two months, he’s spoken at nearly a dozen conferences and made an appearance on Jimmy Fallon. And the content of every Wozniak interview and keynote, after he quickly runs out of vague observations regarding the subject at hand, are the same stale anecdotes about the early days of Apple and building the Apple II. The same story that’s been retold time and again in Wozniak’s autobiography, four documentaries, and four feature films about Apple.
>>
>>54446902
the sad thing is that if you read the email response section of his website is that he actually has great ideas for a modern OS, he wont work on that because he continually says he already has enough money. Its sad really, he turned himself into a preschool teacher for the masses, I guess he enjoys being a buffoon
>>
>>54446902
>>54447020
Bit harsh I think. He's not doing any harm.
>>
Some people have many great ideas in their lifetime, some have one, most will never have any. What's more interesting is seeing how society chooses who to place on pedestals.
>>
>Wozniak hasn’t contributed in a meaningful way to any technological advancement in modern-day computers

That sums it up.

People like to talk about "the two Steves" founding Apple, but that's nonsense. Apple is and always has been Steve Jobs's creation. Jobs was the idea man, the visionary, and the architect of the company and its products. Woz was simply an engineer who happened to do a good engineering job on the Apple II. That's it. That's all he was.

Not only does he have absolutely nothing to do with any of Apple's iconic products over the past 20 years, but he's not even responsible for the original 1984 Macintosh. The man has done virtually nothing in terms of creating this company that we all know and love, so it's time to stop treating him as some technology guru. He isn't. He's an engineer with a passion for technology. That's it.
>>
>>54447311

You're right. Steve Jobs was the genius who sold iMacs and created the iPhone and iPad. He should have worked on the iPancreas.
>>
>>54447311
If it hadn't been for woz, steve jobs would have ended up as a neo-hippy spirit healer selling crystals. He probably never would have even touched a computer.
>>
>this guy who did some pretty amazing stuff earlier in his life hasn't done anything like it recently
>why dont they hire an an accomplished blogger like myself to do paid gigs instead of this useless jerk
>>
It's pretty funny how today's apple fanboys hate woz so much.

He doesn't fit into the modern Apple Lifestyle like they do, so it offends them that this gross old computer hobbiest nerd has such a famous connection to their corporation-cult.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.