[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much trouble would I be in if I unknowingly buy an Engineering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-08-10-56-44.png (448 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-08-10-56-44.png
448 KB, 1080x1920
How much trouble would I be in if I unknowingly buy an Engineering Sample Intel Processor?
>>
>>54445246
None, even if you buy one knowingly.
>>
>>54445246
They just take it back or threaten to take you to court if you refuse to return it. Since all ESs belong to Intel, it's easy to prove and the court would order you to return it. Say you have it locked in an impregnable safe, you refuse to give it up. They find you in contempt of a court order and you go to prison.

Though generally nothing happens
>>
>>54445294
If I contact Intel, would they take it off my hands and offer me a brand new one?
>>
>>54445383
>and offer me a brand new one?
Lol no

It's their property, doesn't matter if you were stupid enough to buy it off someone.
>>
>>54445510
Fuck
I only asked cause I heard stories about that, but mostly AMD. Thanks anyways anon
>>
File: toastedCPU.png (879 KB, 2356x1792) Image search: [Google]
toastedCPU.png
879 KB, 2356x1792
>>54445246
If this idiot didn't get in trouble, you'll be fine. They're mostly interested in stopping the people doing the leaking from the inside.
>>
>>54446229
What's going on there? That processor wasn't even out when he fried it.
>>
>>54446323
He toasted an engineering sample.
>>
>>54446341
What you do after that other than suicide? Why even live?
>>
>>54446378
Complete lack of self-awareness and way too much fucking money.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.