[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who the heck uses OS X Server? Also >server >gui
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Yosemite_Server_10.10.png (285 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Yosemite_Server_10.10.png
285 KB, 800x500
Who the heck uses OS X Server?

Also
>server
>gui
>>
>2016
>no gui
>>
File: 4L_USWbLZvG.jpg (10 KB, 199x253) Image search: [Google]
4L_USWbLZvG.jpg
10 KB, 199x253
>>54438560
The only reason to use a gui in 2016 is if you are a "womyn in tech" or POC diversity hire. It's the same as fast food restaurants where they replace words with pictures so they can hire lower IQs.
>>
>>54438516
schools use casper suite (requires OS X server) to manage iStuff.
>>
>>54439103
QFT.

Also:
>reject the C# network programmer
>hire a ruby on the rails dev instead
Same shit.

Make things easier to offset the fact your "diversity hiring" or identity politics is getting you lower quality workers, which makes sense when you judge people on a metric completely unrelated to actual skill as a worker.
>>
>>54439103
you are retarded special snowflake tier
>>
File: XER9.jpg (381 KB, 988x1191) Image search: [Google]
XER9.jpg
381 KB, 988x1191
>>54439103
>>54439297
>>
>>54438516

presumably anyone deving stuff for osx or even ios
>>
>>54438516
It's super user friendly unlike Windows Server with GUI where you have to go through so many setup wizards to finally break your system.
>>
>>54439181
Fuck off with the Microsoft lock-in cuck garbage.
>>
>>54438516
>server
>gui
>>
>>54439672
Oh God I found the troglodyte who thinks he's participating, look at him try, watch how his next post is either nonexistent or uses 10 year old flaws to denounce Mono.

Consider this.

C# has great networking libraries
Linux makes for great web servers
Mono is based off of .NET code itself

Conclusion: professionals recommend Mono.

In a sane world, C# is just the language Mono uses and troglodytes so out of touch in their caves know Mono just as well as .NET, but unfortunately you don't hear much in your cave.
>>
>>54439924
Let me break your dreams
https://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono
>>
>>54439953
Sorry, 7 year old flaws : )

BTW Stalman abandoned Vala because it became so obvious that Mono was going to do well. This happened sometime in the early 2010s, so after that article was written. There is nothing wrong with Mono, sit back and watch optimisation autists make it faster than JVM and .NET.

It's happening, it's the future, fucking deal with it.
>>
>>54440028
>there's nothing wrong with mono
The fact that it is made by Microsoft, enemy of free software and tech hobbyism, is one thing

Why are you shilling commercial trash?
>>
File: memeguy.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
memeguy.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>He is not using OS X server
>>
>>54440067
But it's not commercial, my retarded friend.
>>
>>54439103
Holy shit. No wonder Pajeets are taking your jobs. Enjoy forever NEETdom my friend ;)
>>
>>54438516
Of course i do, how would i otherwise run my xgrid cluster?
>>
>>54441892
You're naive, don't say I didn't warn you when you're crying Microsoft has forced its parents upon your little project.

>at least its convenient and holds my hand
>>
>>54438516
Me and my boyfriend run our meme store off an osx server.
>>
>>54440028
>Vala
What happened with that?
I remember it used to sound like a sane idea
>>
>>54438516
>serious server software
>stats with nice wavy lines
>app store
>launchpad
>fucking itunes
>>
>>54438516
i think it's just schools
>>
>>54438516

Surprisingly yes. We run OS X Server guests at our larger sites so we can use the Caching Service, primarily for iOS updates.

With the whole BYOD bullshit our network was getting impacted every time an iOS release came out. Bandwidth in Australia is expensive, so running OS X Server for update caching was the easy way out.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.