[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to backup? Is there any good softwafe so setup backup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: sirareyouawareyouareacatmeme.jpg (44 KB, 540x580) Image search: [Google]
sirareyouawareyouareacatmeme.jpg
44 KB, 540x580
Best way to backup?
Is there any good softwafe so setup backup like once a week and what is the best backup setup like a special harddrive for it?
>>
Off yourself.
>>
If you're using Windows it comes with a built in backup utility that works fine and is easy to setup.
>>
Windows Backup is shite m8
>>
cron rsync to another disk
>>
>>54437283
this
>>
>>54437283
A special disk for backups? Like for example what if i get hit with a cryptolocker what is the best backup strategy against that
>>
>>54437283
Even better cron rsync over ssh to a remote dir
>>
>>54437697
Yeah, I guess by another disk I just meant "get it the fuck off the disk it's on right now", and ssh to elsewhere would be the best way to do that
>>
>>54437485
My prefered setup is an incremental hourly backup to an additional local disk to protect against failure and allow for rollbacks, and a nightly backup to a remote server to protect against things like ransomware or complete device destruction.
rsync suffices for both.
>>
>>54437116
DVDs.
Until M disc becomes available.
>>
http://ollydbg.de/Paperbak/
>>
>>54437116
>Best way to backup?
OwnCloud
>>
>>54439654
not free
>>
cp that shit to your flash drive next to the cheese pizza
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.