[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Useless Android Task Managers (Clean Master, etc.)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: Clean-Master-V3.jpg (97 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Clean-Master-V3.jpg
97 KB, 1280x800
Admit /g/, you fell for this Jewish placebo rogueware once. You were trying to use Android like Windows, weren't you? An engineer at Google is crying right now, because nobody appreciates his effort to optimize and automate memory and cache management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5FkWchXoWU
>>
>>54436832
Never fell for it, speak for yourself.
>>
>>54436832
I actually never feel for this trash because i was an experienced computer user before buying a smartphone.

I've actually told relatives it's a placebo but they just ignore me and tell me i don't know shit.
>>
Greenify falls in the same category right?
>>
File: morpheus.png (128 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
morpheus.png
128 KB, 500x303
>>54436967
Yep.
>>
>>54436881
>I actually never feel for this trash because i was an experienced computer user before buying a smartphone.

Ditto for me.
>>
Only CCleaner and Greenify. Cleaners cleans the shit I'm too lazy for.
>>
>Wanting chinks botnet on your phone
I just swipe all recent app furiously when I need dem memory boost
>>
Never fell for this, or treated Windows like that. Learn how to not shit up your OS.
>>
>>54436832
>OP assumes everyone's a faggot
Stay stupid and useless OP
>>
>>54436832
what about SD maid?
>>
>>54436967
Pretty much.

I only use Greenify for the aggressive doze feature, that is actually pretty useful.
>>
>>54438552
Are there any free or preferably open-source SD maid alternatives?
>>
>>54436832
I compared clean master to other cleaners and clean master fakes the amount cleaned to make their app look better
>>
>>54437229
iktf v_v
>>
Not everybody is that retarded. Did also download RAM a few years ago?
>>
Stop projecting m8
>>
>>54438552
SD maid frees up space, not make your phone faster.
>>
Shit had removed them ghost trojan from my smartphone, so there's that

Sadly, like all apps, it got bloated with all those necessary function.
>>
>>54437757
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>54438565
use naptime instead since it does not rely on xposed
>>
The only thing that slows down even the recent android phones is the fucking retarded facebook and messenger app. Those monkey devs made it the most bloated, battery-hungry and unoptimized app I ever used. Fucking hell, the browser is the same shit but better.
>>
>>54442953
Can confirm. CCleaner detects 364MB of junk while Clean master detects 669MB of junk.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-08-19-20-54.png (43 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-08-19-20-54.png
43 KB, 480x854
I use ccleaner to get rid of empty folders and the download folder

I need a duplicate remover
>>
Those RAM boosters are pretty much worthless on anything past Gingerbread.
Thankfully OEMs stopped shitting out GB phones and moved on to 4.1/4.4.
>>
>>54442953
they count freed memory as cleaned space and add it to result
>>
>>54444759
"does not compatible with your device."
>>
>>54449268
It did make a difference on pre-gingerbread.5 phones. The optimization was crap and the phones were less powerful back then
>>
>>54449303
Didn't mean to quote
>>
>>54449109
>safespace
>>
Autostarts is my way to go
get rid of all those pesky running on startup applications
>>
>>54436832
I download cleanmaster every couple of months to clean up junk files and then uninstall it.
>>
>>54436832
The only optimizng you need to do is disable all google bloatwore if youre not using it, most people only use it for the appstore so theyd do good in leaving it all off all the time.
>>
File: patrick.jpg (64 KB, 554x603) Image search: [Google]
patrick.jpg
64 KB, 554x603
>>54436832
>Admit /g/, you fell for this Jewish placebo rogueware once.

yeah whatever you got me
>>
>>54449329
Mmm I can't find anything by that name for android

Thank you anyway
>>
>>54436832
>An engineer at Google is crying right now, because nobody appreciates his effort to optimize and automate memory and cache management.
The OS's management of memory and CPU clearly isn't good enough unless you have plenty of both to spare. I have an oldish phone and some apps make it lag like mad -- this is to be expected. But the maddening part is that they continue to make it lag once I leave the app, unless I kill it in a task manager. Then sometimes it starts enough of itself back up on its own when the phone decides to sync while I'm in the middle of something else.

--get a better phone, fag
Getting over-the-top hardware to work around piss-poor resource management by the OS may cure the symptoms, but it doesn't excuse the problem.

Desktop Windows or Linux on a similar spec device deals much better with running at near-capacity. Apps failing to allocate enough memory and either displaying an error or outright crashing is far rarer. There will always be lag under heavy load, but Android makes you feel the lag more than you ever have since Win9x.
>>
>>54444739
No u
>>
>>54436832
You got me. I had the unholy trinity of battery doctor, CM security and cleanmaster installed.

Then I realized it's 100% BS and noe it'd the first thing I uninstall when a normie complains about his slow phone.
>>
OP can eat a dick. If the phone has multiple second lag without the task killer and stops lagging with it, all the google engineers and "you're hold^H^H^H^Husing it wrong" posts in the world don't change simple reality.
>>
>running processes in the background on phone don't use anymore battery than if there were none

greenify disproves this
>>
>>54436832
"no"
>>
Es file explorer and es task manager all good?
>>
>>54451066
Yep, I use those and they work well. ES Task Manager is a straight up task manager, it shows what's running and lets you kill them for whatever reason you might want to. It doesn't claim to make your phone some inflated percent faster or hide what it's doing.
>>
Is there any alternative to ES file explorer? I really liked the WiFi file transfer, but it being owned by Du really turn me off. Share it is also bloated, and afaik solid explorer only had FTP, which for some reason is pretty slow
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.