[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Nvidia users always compare last gen AMD products with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 970.png (944 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
970.png
944 KB, 1920x1080
Why does Nvidia users always compare last gen AMD products with next gen Nvidia products? Why does Nvida users think that having the fastest GPU is all that matters?

AMD is working with smaller chips now, there is no money in the ultra high end anymore.

Nvidia cannot continue to increase the die size, it is not a sustainable business model. Software optimization is the next step, and look at the leg up AMD has on that ATM.
>>
File: whatsgoingon.jpg (78 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
whatsgoingon.jpg
78 KB, 600x401
If performance isn't what makers should focus on, why would anybody want to upgrade to a less performing card? How would any company stay afloat if they only made gpus worse? "Muh smaller card" of course i mean they also have to focus on other things, but their main focus is and should be performance.

Now to answer your question: because they compare them based on similar performance/price. Size doesnt matter.
>>
>dick waving
>>
File: amd_chart.png (46 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
amd_chart.png
46 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>54432756
The most popular card with Steam users is the 970, which last time I checked, is made by NVidia. Their high end cards will scale down to the middle and lower end just fine.
>>
>>54433854
Steam surveys are fucking worthless. The sample size is tiny and its skewed by poorfags, brs, russians, smurfs, etc.
>>
File: itseternal.jpg (29 KB, 321x354) Image search: [Google]
itseternal.jpg
29 KB, 321x354
>>54433854
>he believes in the trickle-down effect
>>
>>54433966
the trickle down is bad high end chips that aren't completely fucked, so cut some shit out and you got a lower end chip.

>>54432756
because the high end commands an inflated price, and nvidia for a while has been trying to do more of that high end business.
>>
>>54432756
>there is no money in the ultra high end anymore.
Bitch please. I would never shell out 1 grand on a graphics card but 599 is super fucking doable for what will be the fastest card on the market for a while. Stay poor.
>>
>>54432756
It's literally the same thing AMD users do.
>>
>>54432756
>AMD is working with smaller chips now, there is no money in the ultra high end anymore.
Which is why AMD didn't release a dual GPU version of the Fury.

Oh wait.
>>
>>54433884
>The sample size is tiny
False
>skewed by...
Why shouldn't those groups be represented in a survey?
>>
>>54432756
Fanboys from both sides do this, to make their preferred company look better.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.