[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PDAs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: asd.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
Ok, what are the purposes of these? Are they useful at all?

What is the best PDA OS?
>>
>>54428838
Now that smartphones are extremely common, PDAs aren't useful any more. They used to be.
>>
>>54428838
PDAs were used as "digital assistants" in the late 90s and early 00s. They were phased out and replaced by Blackberry and Treo smartphones, which in turn were phased out by the iPhone and Androids.

If your phone has a calendar app, email, and calculator, then there is no reason to own a PDA, and has not been any reason to own a PDA, in the past decade
>>
File: palm_nokia.gif (11 KB, 161x184) Image search: [Google]
palm_nokia.gif
11 KB, 161x184
They were fucking useful when cell phones looked like this
>>
They were basically portable storage with a crude interface. You can liken them to the Dreamcast memory "cards." I found mine pretty handy.

The best PDA OS now is just your favorite smartphone OS.
>>
I wish I had a use for the Palm Pilot I have laying around.
>>
I wish dumbphones would come back

we could compute on our computers and live our lives
>>
>>54428896
Even PDAs gradually evolved toward a platform for staring at something instead of interacting with the world around you. Color screens, WiFi, games, etc. Yeah it all had some ancillary benefits on the productivity front but for most it was for entertainment and slacking off.
>>
>>54428838
A PDA is pretty much a smartphone without the phone. It runs apps and generally is used to store a bit of information, like a sort of pocket-computer.
unless you have a handful of Palm apps you want to run, there's no point (and even then, you can emulate PalmOS on any random Android phone)

>>54428942
honestly, when I had my Palm m100, I barely did anything serious on it
like sure, I'd have some notes and addresses on it
but most of my shit was me drawing with the stylus or games I'd installed, that sort of thing
and I'd even found a little C compiler (maybe it was an interpeter, can't remember) for the thing that ran on the device

actually, I still have an m100, but I don't have any way to sync it anymore (my sister took her laptop with her, and it was the last machine I'd seen with an IR port, and it was also the last machine I had access to with a serial port, assuming I had the dock station), so it's entirely useless now
>>
>>54428838
VIDEO LINKUP REQUESTED
VIDEO LINKUP REQUESTED
>>
Hello. I found an Iphone 5s and I tried to unlock it. I did but the problem is that now it ask for an icloud ID. DOes anybody know how can I find the way to enter? because I want to give it to my sister because soon it will be her birthday.

Thank you
>>
>>54429212

kill yourself
>>
File: DSC_1920.jpg (1018 KB, 2304x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1920.jpg
1018 KB, 2304x1536
>>54429212
Put it to microwave for EXACT 5 second and that will erase FLASH storage and icloud lock will be gone too. After that just do restore with iTunes.

NOTE THAT DO NOT KEEP IT ON MICROWAVE FOR LONGER THAN 5 SECONDS.
>>
>>54430018
Of course you can use FLASH eraser, but most likely you don't have it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.