[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of bitcoins ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 646546456.png (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
646546456.png
14 KB, 500x500
What do you guys think of bitcoins ?
>>
Meme.

But It was very entertaining to watch the kikes from the Big Gov trying to tackle the problem.
>>
hate people who get rich from bitcoins
>>
I use them to buy drugs online. other than that they're not that useful. Because the price is fluctuating all the time I'm reluctant to spend them.
>>
There was no point in mining after 2011
Wish I had gotten into the meme in 2009 or 2010
>>
https://medium.com/@octskyward/the-resolution-of-the-bitcoin-experiment-dabb30201f7#.ajxpera5n
>>
I still have 0.03 BTC
What do
>>
>>54427101
>There was no point in mining after 2011
I mined a bit in 2012 or 2013 (don't remember). I gave up when after a week or two I had the equivalent of a few cents.
Then the prices skyrocketed and it became enough to purchase a 4chan pass. So at least I got something out of it.
>>
Is there a way to protect your bitcoins from hard drive failure if you store them on your computer
>>
>>54427081
I got semi-rich with BTC :)
>>
>>54427101
I let it run for a night in 2009 and got 50 BTC
Thought it was a meme and never thought about it again

Yeah, wallet is lost and no amount of disk recovery utils are gonna bring it back
>>
>>54427372
define semi-rich, enough to buy an used camry?
>>
>>54427006
Great for buying drugs
>>
>>54427006
it's mostly a scam
>>
>>54427416
Enough to not have to work for a few years while living modestly
>>
>>54427422
>>54427426
These things.
I also hate them because I ALMOST bought some when they were like 5 bucks a piece but I was super broke at the time and wasn't confident they'd take off. If I had bought just 20 of them and sold them when they were going hot during the China bubble I could have walked away with like 10 grand. It's the first time I've ever actually missed out on something like that.
>>
>>54427006

They're downright brilliant as a currency for anonymity but it's likely forever fucked now because of investors.

They'll be the go to model for a future worldwide currency. The key method is the only way it could ever work.
>>
>>54427514
>as a currency for anonymity
Cash is more anonymous than bitcoin.
>>
>>54427505
Eh you and everyone else. I remember mining a couple like 12 years ago just out of curiosity.
>>
>>54427006
Great concept, nice way to buy stuff anonymously.
Also I made about 150$ on it during few days which made me like it even more.
>>
>>54427305
Y
>>
>>54428320
Tell me where I can buy VPS using cash with no fear of being traced down.
>>
>>54427081
Why?
>>
>>54428320

This kills the bitfags.
>>
>>54427305
Of course.
You can have the same wallet on many computers/hard drives at the same time
>>
>>54428505
You can be traced with bitcoin as well. Since it's a public ledger. Once a payment has been made it's stored on everyone using that public ledger.
>>
>>54427006
It's useless outside the drug, cryptolocker and meme market.

Even if you have 1 million dollars in bitcoin you can't buy a house or a nice car with it, it's useless!!
>>
Making a nice 30+% annualized lending to people who want to speculate on coins. Much better to be the merchant on this stuff - you might hit the jackpot "investing" in random coins but 99% of everyone just loses their stake.
>>
>>54428625

Using redundant layers of tumblers and btc purchased with cash, it's quite easy to make it anonymous.

The real problem is that tards think it's anonymous out of the box. There is a level of psuedo-anonymity, but given the proper motivation, btc can be traced back to you.
>>
>>54428685
Exactly. You have to be really retarded to do something that require anonymity and not know basic knowledge of used technology.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.